Sign in to follow this  
David Horgan

PX Bundle

Just had a guy to see a car yesterday .

Do you take choppers he says , Yes What do you have ?

MX5 on private though its 2005 125,000 miles , OK I say 

look it up its 2003 at, he didn't want to know that :) 178,345 miles didnt want to know that either 

Then he starts , I want £1,500 for the car . £1,000 for the reg plate , £650 for the hard top , £200 for the tyres I've just fitted :) I'm selling it all as a bundle for £3,000 " BARGAIN " :) 

Your car  is rusty though with NO service history , one key , ripped seats , hardly any paint left , and the rag top roof is full of holes . :)

Was most offended when i told him its £50 at most , I don't want the Plate , I don't want the Hard top and if you really want you can have the tyres back cos its going to scrap .

Scrap WOW now that did offend him LOL 

Needless to say we didn't do the deal :) BUT it was still outside two hours later as it had packed up , wouldn't start , got towed away by his friend :)

BUNDLE PX I've never come across that before . 

Beware he's still looking out there somewhere :) 

Made us laugh when he had gone :) 

F***ing MX5s. I’ve never had one but any punter arriving in an MX5 to see a car has been an absolute cock - I always assumed VW built them under licence.

5 minutes ago, BHM said:

F***ing MX5s. I’ve never had one but any punter arriving in an MX5 to see a car has been an absolute cock - I always assumed VW built them under licence.

Ive only had two, the one I remember was an early 1.6 and it was a hoot, shed loads of fun... Not my cup of tea though, men in convertibles look like utter twats.

On 05/09/2018 at 7:34 PM, Arfur Dealy said:

men in convertibles

I've sold a few MX5s over the years, each and every one went to a lady in the "way over 50" age bracket. 

On 9/5/2018 at 7:26 PM, BHM said:

Had loads of them and they are great fun and have earned us good money over the years and apart from rusty bits are fairly bullet proof,, certainly more usable than an MGF or Lotus elise, but yes they are usually owned by cocks...

19 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

I've sold a few MX5s over the years, each and every one went to a lady in the "way over 50" age bracket. 

Gilfs...

1 hour ago, andymc1973 said:

more like Ggilfs

I had never heard of gilfs,I thought it must be some MX5 conversion company from Guildford like the Chelsea Tractor Company.I know a trader who is a MX5 expert retailer,you may know him Andy.As for these gilf punters you refer to,I imagine you must look like Brad Pitt or George Clooney.I hope you don’t look like the average Geordie pie eater with a shaved head.I think these gilfs will be far better punters than these’ Wonga’d up under 40  ‘ chucky duffers we keep getting........Do a few today guys !

On 9/5/2018 at 7:26 PM, BHM said:

:lol:

/\ /\ /\ 

3 minutes ago, peter..o said:

any punter arriving in an MX5 to see a car has been an absolute cock

Back to "choppers" :lol:

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 9:43 PM, lastyboy said:

Always found it easy to sell MX5's. If they are not rusty, they sell.

They are a good little car, pretty much bombproof, sold a few over the years.

• Like 1