Sign in to follow this  
DBDlloyds

zafira 1.9 cdti to buy or not to buy....

On older Vaux / Opels some of the 1.7's were Isuzu and some were Vauxhalls own, horrible version of their OHC Petrols :(

Isuzu was bomb proof.

Talking of everyone slagging Vauxhalls, had a few MOT jobs on a mates Combi Van today, 1.3CDTI, 2008, 178k miles, sweet as a nut .................. Why ?

Like everything, it had been maintained properly from day 1, ex postman pat van from Portree !!

On all Cars / Vans etc these days even Service History means fuck all, it is actually a case of who serviced and repaired it and what quality of Fluids and Parts were used ;) 

Like everything we all have our favourites, and then slag off what others sell / buy, but at the end of the day there is a helluva lot of vehicles that are perfectly fine at high mileages, but only if they have been looked after right !!

I have an 04 E46 Touring Diesel on my books with 250k miles, drives regular Skye to Bristol, drives like new, same guy has 2011 E Class Wagon with 180k and a Sprinter with 340k all of which I look after and all regularly do the same journey. This guy has had both Cars from 1 year old, and the Sprinter for a long time, and he doesn't mind spending the correct money on them for a good job !!

8 hours ago, Stalker said:

Their new 1.6 CDti engine is their own, and I don’t reckon much to that! 

Really? I thought it might of been the PSA unit as Vauxhall are now owned by them.

2 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

On older Vaux / Opels some of the 1.7's were Isuzu

even better in the 1.5 non turbo version

they went on forever if the alternator regulator in the kick panel didnt catch fire:D

i love the fiat multijet 1.3 and as you rightly say its all down to giving good oil regularly,a kids tricycle has a better chain on it than these so cleanliness is next to..................well you get the picture:)

43 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

Really? I thought it might of been the PSA unit as Vauxhall are now owned by them.

Their own MDE (Medium Diesel Engine) is poor in my opinion. not sure about the newest, they should be better if they use somebody else's engine.

I didnt mind the 1.3 cdti, or the 1.7 cdti (izuzu and izuzu derived form) as Dave says, if its well maintained they are fine...

The 2.0 Inshitnia engine however is in its own league of shitness, and it doesn't matter how much you service one of those they still go wrong.

I have a ‘No diesel’ policy when it comes to Vauxhalls.