Sign in to follow this  
Paddy

A Kia? Really? Well f@#k me

One came flying up behind me today and I thought that looks exotic wtf is it? so I moved over and it looked even more impressive from the rear then I saw the badge a fucking Kia!

It was a Stinger GT Line and maybe Im out of touch with our Korean friends offerings as I've not owned one, sold one, driven one or paid any attention to them in the last 20 years but this surprised me.

Stinger.jpg

stinger2.jpg

I bet it was still cheap shit inside 

• Like 1

Haha, One reason why Ive never paid them any attention...looks alright tho.

2018-Kia-Stinger-GT-interior.jpg

0-60 in 4.7s and a top speed of 168mph for the under 40k 3.3 auto and still a 7yr warranty...that badge tho 

Ditch the mocha brown but yeah, it looks smart enough. Will be some embarrassed golf gti drivers when that thing smokes them at the lights. Heck, even some porksters will get a fright. 

• Like 1

Everyone said the same about the Skoda badge once, nothing to be ashamed about these days. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, tradex said:

Kia are making some cracking cars, and one of the recent sales sucess stories, we sell quite a few, great build quality. 

Part owned by Ford, you can often see the family resemblance. 

As far a I knew Ford sold their small stake in Kia in the late 90’s?? 

I’m not saying anything about the badge, I don’t like the cheap shitty interiors they usually provide or the god awful styling. But clearly that’s changing judging by this one pictured above. 

I really like Kia, Hyundai and the like but I wouldn't chose one becuase I am a petrol head, car snob or whatever you want to call me (stupid perhaps) even though they're probably better and almost certainly carry a better warranty than the types of cars I want/do/have own(ed)

• Like 1

very, very good bread and butter cars, I've sold lots of picantos and sportages with no comebacks. sensible punters too. Dont think theyre expecting to sell many of them, I suspect you've just had an encounter with a kia employee!

• Like 2

Kia - Stay away from them nowt but trouble.....

Worst cars ever...

Awkward punters....

I don't buy many, and neither should anyone else ;)

We would fill the showroom with kia/hyundai if we could,but cant buy enough,just look at the market share these manufacturers hold now.Good cars with good warranties,would like to see vw bmw merc etc. give 5/7 year cover,they would all be bankrupt within a few years,

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, peter..o said:

We would fill the showroom with kia/hyundai if we could,but cant buy enough,just look at the market share these manufacturers hold now.Good cars with good warranties,would like to see vw bmw merc etc. give 5/7 year cover,they would all be bankrupt within a few years,

Same here. Good cars with never an issue.  Miles better build quality and punters than any of the hateful German junk -which are all to be avoided wherever possible for me.

Maybe it's an area thing.

Kia/Hyundai cracking reliable car, good seller and a dealer network that cant do enough for you, unlike the arrogant gin palace dwellers with the 3 pointed stars who treat you like sh1t, pity most kia/hyundais have ERAC on the V5, but that again speaks volumes about the brand.

customer bought picanto back,it had ruined the battery and i thought damaged the ring gear on the flywheel because starter had stayed in mesh

ordered a new battery and found it was the ignition switch gone faulty

rang the kia dealer and they had one,it was delivered an hour or so later for a grand total of £12 tell me what other dealer would send a part out like that at that cost

none whatsoever

not even hyundai their prices are eye watering

• Like 1