Sign in to follow this  
tradegirl

Are Corsas no longer popular?

Despite seeing tons of them on the road, and them being our easiest sell a couple of years ago, 10 days and no queries and very few views on a 14 plate low(ish) mileage, very well priced silver SXi.

I know 10 days is nothing, but we've had more interest in less popular cars.

Has something changed the past 2 years?

Edited by tradegirl

Small cars are a waste of time in general. Unless they’re auto. At least down here on the south coast  

Particularly when you can get a new one for fluppence a month on PCP. 

Vauxhall is a crap product too IMO. Even worse than German stuff.

18 months ago silver was still well on the boil

its now basically unsellable unless you do a bhm and stick a dog turd on the roof to increase its all round council ghetto desirability with the drill down innit

oh and dont buy red corsa either as they are even worse

basically dont buy corsa:lol:

• Like 1

i think corsas are hard work now, especially nearly new ones. no kids out there have saved any money so if they want a corsa its PCP time. and when theyre older, the only way to sell them is cheaper than a fiesta, and 'great news, no cambelt to change' )just a very rattly chain....... 

Silver, that isn’t helping. 

Back to basics. Price, desirability, presentation. 

You have the car now, so desirability you can’t help. Are you sure you have presented it as well as you can and priced it correctly? 

1 hour ago, EPV said:

Silver, that isn’t helping. 

Back to basics. Price, desirability, presentation. 

You have the car now, so desirability you can’t help. Are you sure you have presented it as well as you can and priced it correctly? 

What's the deal with silver being unpopular? I was afraid the PCP might crop up on these.

EPV, will be redoing photos asap, to help it along. But it's priced £500 below anyone else for the age and miles, and cheaper than most CATs. Any lower and I'm worried that it'll look shady.

There's a tidy profit in the car which I don't want to lose (rare that you get a sound car with a good profit) but I also don't want to sit on it for ages.

Can't have it all though!

I only ever buy them in black and they have to be under £3k retail then they fly out like rockets and come back almost as fast :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, justina3 said:

I only ever buy them in black and they have to be under £3k retail then they fly out like rockets and come back almost as fast :D

Hahaha! Reliable cars eh? Not sure I want them back, unless it's for a px.

36 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

What's the deal with silver being unpopular? I was afraid the PCP might crop up on these.

EPV, will be redoing photos asap, to help it along. But it's priced £500 below anyone else for the age and miles, and cheaper than most CATs. Any lower and I'm worried that it'll look shady.

There's a tidy profit in the car which I don't want to lose (rare that you get a sound car with a good profit) but I also don't want to sit on it for ages.

Can't have it all though!

£500 may not be enough, if there are 5 people looking for a Corsa and 10 of them available! I don’t know that of course...

11 minutes ago, EPV said:

£500 may not be enough, if there are 5 people looking for a Corsa and 10 of them available! I don’t know that of course...

Argh!!! Really? Just worried that any lower (since it's already in the price range of the write offs) it'll look like there's something wrong with it. I'll drop it a couple of hundred and see. A bird in the hand and all that.

34 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

Argh!!! Really? Just worried that any lower (since it's already in the price range of the write offs) it'll look like there's something wrong with it. I'll drop it a couple of hundred and see. A bird in the hand and all that.

Well don't do that unless you're sure you're up against that sort of competition. Like I said IF there are 10 locally and IF there are only 5 people searching, I don't know that of course. I'm just saying that IF that is the case then it doesn't matter how cheap it is, all you will have is a cheap car no one wants. If that makes sense.

It's only been 10 days you said anyway, I'm just saying you need to have a look at these sorts of things.

19 minutes ago, EPV said:

Well don't do that unless you're sure you're up against that sort of competition. Like I said IF there are 10 locally and IF there are only 5 people searching, I don't know that of course. I'm just saying that IF that is the case then it doesn't matter how cheap it is, all you will have is a cheap car no one wants. If that makes sense.

It's only been 10 days you said anyway, I'm just saying you need to have a look at these sorts of things.

Wise advice as always. Thank you, will have a look at what's around. Another one on my "never again" list!

I've sold two corsas in the past 30days. First listed at 3150..heard zero. price reduced to 2995 and had lots of enquires, Same with a 09 plate green fiesta .

In my very limited experience the price has to be very competitive and the advert a bit different from everyone else. 3 physical viewings equaled 3sales.

The cars were prepared to the best possible standard ,profit was low but it was profit! If i can sell the little trade in quickly then i have a chance in this game

On 07/08/2018 at 2:05 PM, mrs maybe said:

basically dont buy corsa:lol:

They’re deader than the dinosaurs. F*** me, months & months ago I took in a silver one with wheeltrims (but FSH, new tyres etc) and I’ve never opened the door - small car men are concerned with alloy wheels & colour. Eventually I obliterated the price but even that failed to elicit a single phone call!

I swear I’ll go to my grave in it. All it’s good for is to remind me not to buy another.

PS when the buyers’ come they’re usual scum anyway.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BHM said:

They’re deader than the dinosaurs. F*** me, months & months ago I took in a silver one with wheeltrims (but FSH, new tyres etc) and I’ve never opened the door - small car men are concerned with alloy wheels & colour. Eventually I obliterated the price but even that failed to elicit a single phone call!

I swear I’ll go to my grave in it. All it’s good for is to remind me not to buy another.

PS when the buyers’ come they’re usual scum anyway.

BHM, dropped the price to Evans Halshaw/Arnold Clark trade in price. Just got a message "What's the lowest you'll take". There's still profit in it and I could really use some money at this point, but bloody hell...what the hell do these people want? Why don't you ever get a LOGICAL person who sees that the car is already cheap and grabs a bargain? Instead you get cheap scumbags and chancers. There are 2007-2009 plates for the same money FFS, go buy one of those!!! Arrrgh!!!

1 hour ago, tradegirl said:

BHM, dropped the price to Evans Halshaw/Arnold Clark trade in price. Just got a message "What's the lowest you'll take". There's still profit in it and I could really use some money at this point, but bloody hell...what the hell do these people want? Why don't you ever get a LOGICAL person who sees that the car is already cheap and grabs a bargain? Instead you get cheap scumbags and chancers. There are 2007-2009 plates for the same money FFS, go buy one of those!!! Arrrgh!!!

Because you’re selling a small car in an unpopular colour to a market that probably has the choice of a hundred small cars in a 25 mile radius to you and they are driven by one thing. Price. 

“I’d like a silver corsa but there’s a silver fiesta down the road that’s £100 cheaper”

That’s the mentality of the small car buyer, mainly cos they are first time buyers, familes on a budget etc. You’ve probably picked the worst type of car to sell quickly for a decent margin. A silver small car. 

7 hours ago, tradegirl said:

Don’t worry about it, early Sunday morning & ive awoken to 5 emails all of the ‘last/best/lowest price?’ variety.

The trouble with most small cars is exactly what EPV says in his last paragraph. I decided a long time ago that the average small car punter is either horrible greedy parasitical vermin OR unrealistic & penniless. 

Logic doesn’t enter their heads, they always think they can get better for cheaper. Unfortunately increasing prices does not work in this market because small car punters aren’t frightened off by a cheap price - they just think it’s an invite to get more off!