Sign in to follow this  
P118

AUTOTRADER ADVISEMENT

Hi 

I keep getting loads of interest in my auto trader ads, but my phone is not ringing why? what is stopping people picking the phone up, my cars are priced very competitive i am a part time trader trading from home. 

any help is appreciated  

Let the floodgates open... this is gonna be a good one! 

I’m assuming you have switched your phone on? 

Edited by Del Boy

views are not sales

when i used that old site i used to move pictures and words round every 3 days

the new world is people dont phone anymore

even my wife doesnt speak anymore on the phone to her daughter or grandkids its all txt

drives the nuts off me

im buzzbee i like to talk

to end being the cheapest doesn't always work,people fear its cheap for a reason,put your prices up and compare for a week

remember you have a job so this is just extra income tax paid i hope:)

Just now, Del Boy said:

I don’t suppose your name is benji by any chance? 

benji is dead

all hail benji

• Like 1

BHM said something that’s stuck with me recently. There will be 3 reasons why your car isn’t selling.  Desirability, price, presentation. That’s maybe simplifying things but it’s a good start. You say you are getting “loads of views” well, What would you say load of views are? How do they compare to the competition? 

If your adverts are getting lots of hits (relative to the competition) then they must be desirable cars. Are they well priced in the sense there’s only a few around and yours is the best priced or are there a dozen like yours but you’re looking at the AT price marker and thinking you must be well priced? You’re not well priced if there’s a dozen other cars like yours within £100 of each other. 

Are you sure you’ve done all you can with your adverts? Do you have dozens of good images, maybe a video, a good attention grabber, a good well written advert?

These three things aren’t the end of the rainbow but they’re a great place to start looking. 

7 hours ago, P118 said:

Hi 

I keep getting loads of interest in my auto trader ads, but my phone is not ringing why? what is stopping people picking the phone up, my cars are priced very competitive i am a part time trader trading from home. 

any help is appreciated  

Post a link if you want feedback 

You could be in a dead zone & sales will suddenly pick-up in a week or two - believe me you wouldn’t want your time wasted like I’ve had with my last 3 penniless, tyre-kicking, fussy, greedy, summer-holiday-filling team twats.

I’m in the North & a few discussions at the block yesterday confirmed what I thought - it’s dead here at the moment. Tbh I might as well throw away my phone cos the only f***ers getting through are imbeciles!

Views/watchers mean f.a. - certain cars attract lots of viewers (also known as dreamers) but it takes the right man to break ranks & actually come & view.

3 hours ago, BHM said:

You could be in a dead zone & sales will suddenly pick-up in a week or two - believe me you wouldn’t want your time wasted like I’ve had with my last 3 penniless, tyre-kicking, fussy, greedy, summer-holiday-filling team twats.

I’m in the North & a few discussions at the block yesterday confirmed what I thought - it’s dead here at the moment. Tbh I might as well throw away my phone cos the only f***ers getting through are imbeciles!

Views/watchers mean f.a. - certain cars attract lots of viewers (also known as dreamers) but it takes the right man to break ranks & actually come & view.

There's some truth in what you say but if a car is getting 110 ad views per day vs one getting 15 ad views per day there's no denying which one is likely to get sold first. They don't mean everything but they don't mean f.a either.

3 hours ago, tradex said:

It's a wild stab, but I would say your phone isn't ringing because no one wants to buy your car.....or have I missed something obvious :rolleyes:

I hope not for the poor chap cos if that’s the case all 18/19 I’ve currently got advertised on the ‘net aren’t worth a toss :unsure:

Tbh it’s a funny old game & I stopped trying to work out buying patterns years ago. I used to worry at first but I’ve long learned that I can go for a week or two with a dry spell then suddenly  bish, bash, bosh - a few away. 

Thanks for all the response its much appreciated.

One of my ads has been live for 7days and had over 150 views my average views per day is better than similar ads so autotrader say. I have noticed its dropping though i have had autotrader leads eg people viewing my location phone number but still the phone hasn't rung.  

Edited by P118

Its too cheap, looks like your selling cars out the back of that container, do some decent photos, possibly a video appraisal, then put the price up to £1895 - £1995 everyone wants a cheap low mileage auto, if you haven't sold it after 2 ad then reduce it and get rid, good luck.

36 minutes ago, P118 said:

Thanks for all the response its much appreciated.

One of my ads has been live for 7days and had over 150 views my average views per day is better than similar ads so autotrader say. I have noticed its dropping though i have had autotrader leads eg people viewing my location phone number but still the phone hasn't rung.  

i have posted one of my ads bellow 

www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201807228696287

Portaloo and a shipping container in the first photo on what looks like a building site....... Your pictures are your shop window.

This has been covered 100's of times on here, i'd re take the photos in a better place..

My 10p

Portaloo......  I don't even know where to start.........  Did it not cross your mind that customers might think you haven't made any effort to find a nice background ? I mean, youve put a piece of shit, infront of a shitter..... I suppose there must be some kind of logic there....... 

Too much going on in the background, try and find a nice spot and move the car not the camera

(Portaloo...coffee spitting out moment) 

As above, reshoot elsewhere properly -without the shadows making it look it’s three shades of silver- plus the car is dirty and needs a valet. (Interior stains in seats and in the boot, if you have to show the engine bay then it needs to be clean.)

It’s going to be SOMEBODY’S new car so make it look its best and put the price up.

Let us know how you get on.

(Portaloo...coffee spitting out moment) 

As above, reshoot elsewhere properly -without the shadows making it look it’s three shades of silver- plus the car is dirty and needs a valet. (Interior stains in seats and in the boot, if you have to show the engine bay then it needs to be clean.)

It’s going to be SOMEBODY’S new car so make it look its best and put the price up.

Let us know how you get on.

Well without lamenting the point, others have said plenty but the reason you’re not getting phone calls is your presentation is pretty shit. As I said, desirability, price, presentation. You’re failing somewhat in the third. Stains on the boot carpet? Looks like someone has slung a cup of coffee over the carpet in there. Stains on the back seats? The engine bay is full of leaves and it looks a dirty engine. Don’t bother putting up pictures of dirty engine bays. What are you hoping for there?

Also, it’s silver. Which isn’t helping. 

Dont expect to sell that anytime soon. 

By the way, 150 ad views over a week is 20 per day which is fuck all. I have BMW X5 that is generating 110 PER DAY. So don’t think too much of 150 per week. 

People are looking and seeing a stained, tired looking old shitheap next to a bog. And unsurprisingly, they are closing your advert down and looking somewhere else. 

No one says you have to sell mint Porsches but if you’re going to sell cars and wonder why no one is ringing then please do open your eyes and see stains on seats and toilets in the background. Not even the pikiest of Punter will buy. 

Cheer up, you’re lucky, you can get a can of upholstery foam and find a better photo spot. The x5 i’ve had hundreds of clicks has developed a misfire that’s likely to be a head gasket.  I’d say i’m probably feeling Bluer than you mate. 

Your price is £1525 OVNO. 

Get rid of the OVNO. Don't give punters too much hope. 

Drop the price to £1500 exactly to appear in more searches or to £1490 so you beat hundreds of cars at the £1495 price point.

Stay a bit back from the car when you photograph it

On your ad you have a mileage of 52414, the dash shows 52466. Keep the figures exactly the same or round the mileage to 50K to appear in much more searches.

Put a bit more text in your ad, tell them about your convenient location or list more of the options of the car. It's a heatwave and I can't see the words AIR CONDITIONING anywhere. 

8 stamp service history, take a photo and show it. 

EVERY LITTLE MINOR DETAIL MAKES A DIFFERENCE in car sales online and means people will simply go buy somewhere else if you don't have an eye for detail. 

• Like 1

Removed duplicated post. 

Edited by Nick M.K.
Removed duplicated post. 

Edited by Nick M.K.
Removed duplicated post. 

11 hours ago, P118 said:

www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201807228696287

I thought it was a joke everyone on here mentioning the shitter in the background so I had a look......I bet your ad views have tripled since you posted on here which goes to show that not all viewers are buyers they are just car dealers looking to see how not to photograph a car. 

Price it properly. I could say wtf sort of price is £1525 - surely you mean £1495 or £1500? - although tbh a 13yr old Meriva at that money! You’re certainly optimistic, the old heap of shit wants the ONE taken off the front of the price - I CANNOT BELIEVE ANYONE IS SURPRISED BY THE LACK OF INTEREST AT THAT RIDICULOUS PRICE.

Forget ‘easytronic’, overwrite the title with ‘automatic’ and SORT OUT THE CORRECT ENGINE SIZE.

Forget rephotoing it, describe it correctly, price it correctly then it’ll sell cos when it’s at CORRECT money it’ll sell to the bottom dollar market & they don’t give a f*** about photo quality.

Honestly, I’d £495 the heap of shit.