Sign in to follow this  
grant8064

Where do they get these prices?

Had a call from an old dear looking to offload a ten year old Getz today. Not a great lead you're thinking but I bloody love the things...one of my favourite things to run about in so I was over double quick.

Really unfortunately it had rotted out underneath. Really rotted. The kind of thing you don't really want to drive just in case it lets go on you.

Anyway, couldn't help myself. Good for parts I told myself. Bid her £200 explaining why to be greeted with a angry face and £3000 request!

Where does that even come from?! I nearly fell over running back to the car.

Anyone else had any corkers lately?

Not on the same level as your nutter but last week via the phone was asked for £2000 for an 07 Skoda Roomster, 80K miles but they’re virtually unsellable here (I’ve had 2 in the past). Who the f*** thought of designing a family car with 4+1 seating!?!! 

I told him to jog on, he told me he was doing me a favour in taking my 08 CRV diesel! “Sir, if your car’s more desirable than mine then why do you want rid of it & replace it with mine?” More ‘armchair expert advice’ spewed out of his mouth, I bade him a good day & put the phone down.

£600 for a 53 plate clio,i value these at crush value but always check them over first to see if they are worth testing if my offer is accepted

front springs

anti roll bushes

code for the radio

worn out steery wheels

dents on the roof where the bonnet nutted it:lol:

heavy clutch

crap colours

oily engines

abs lights on

im stopping now...............horrible things and they never drove right im sure the steering was connected with a lastic band

14 minutes ago, chief runnin bee said:

£600 for a 53 plate clio,

...heavy clutch

They were like that new. Surprising they were so popular with women.

24 minutes ago, chief runnin bee said:

£600 for a 53 plate clio,i value these at crush value but always check them over first to see if they are worth testing if my offer is accepted

front springs

anti roll bushes

code for the radio

worn out steery wheels

heavy clutch

crap colours

oily engines

abs lights on

im stopping now...............horrible things and they never drove right im sure the steering was connected with a lastic band

Don't forget the leaking sunroofs. 

1 hour ago, chief runnin bee said:

front springs

anti roll bushes

code for the radio

worn out steery wheels

heavy clutch

crap colours

oily engines

abs lights on

Yes! Finally someone else that noticed they handle really strange. I havnt had many as they weren’t really my thing but I honestly thought the first one I drove had been in an accident, it was so twitchy it was unreal. Then I bought another one and it was exactly the same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack Regan said:

They should go put in em in BCA they’d all go make that money at the moment 

Recently at the block I walked around the acres of scrap & asked a colleague “Who the f*** is going to buy this shit?” I saw the trade pay a few hundred quid for such gems as a 16 year old Micra with rotten sills (no doubt the rest of it was rotten too), an ancient Clio and there was even interest in an 18 year old Megane-Scenic. I could go on & on & on.

What on earth is the trade doing buying pure scrap like this?

18 minutes ago, BHM said:

Recently at the block I walked around the acres of scrap & asked a colleague “Who the f*** is going to buy this shit?” I saw the trade pay a few hundred quid for such gems as a 16 year old Micra with rotten sills (no doubt the rest of it was rotten too), an ancient Clio and there was even interest in an 18 year old Megane-Scenic. I could go on & on & on.

And when you add on the charges....

25 minutes ago, BHM said:

PLASTIC TRADERS. I was at the auctions on thursday afternoon watched a leggy Fusion make 350. Desperation has set in here, I'm light on stock so looking on Gumtree on Friday and see the same car up for 895. And claiming to be private. if hes done anything other than peel off the auction sticker, I'll be surprised. Feel like ringing HMRC!!!

i love it when i put my part ex cars into wilsons auctions up here, 3 days later they are on gumtree as mint and lovely driver, car was a death trap when i put it in