Sign in to follow this  
EPV

AH Fees for Selling

What's a general approx percentage or fee that most franchises would be paying to put their cars through the block?

I don't know how true but I've heard the likes of Inchcape/ Bristol Street pay nothing. It wouldn't surprise me if they're not.

35 minutes ago, tradex said:

Nothing, most get free transport too.

And storage and unlimited 're runs'

12 minutes ago, met said:

And storage and unlimited 're runs'

And prime slots.

However,it is possible that the auctions could be paying the big vendors fees to get the business.

• Like 1

Quite possible that since the acquisition of BCA they would do anything to get sales volume and market share to make the company look more impressive for resale.

I'm certain that loads of the webuyanycar entries barely cover their costs sometimes.

I dont know the answer to this, and unless someone from one of those big companies is on here and gives us a categoric answer, none of us will. I can, however, be certain of one thing; it will be significantly less than any of us would pay!

1 hour ago, twerp said:

Quite possible that since the acquisition of BCA they would do anything to get sales volume and market share to make the company look more impressive for resale.

I'm certain that loads of the webuyanycar entries barely cover their costs sometimes.

Webuyanycar is owned by bca though, so no real cost to them. Buy cars in as cheap as possible, sell them through the block and even if they fetch less than purchase price they still get the buyers fee off you anyway so win win.

1 hour ago, Lakeside said:

Webuyanycar is owned by bca though, so no real cost to them. Buy cars in as cheap as possible, sell them through the block and even if they fetch less than purchase price they still get the buyers fee off you anyway so win win.

Quite the business model I have to say. 

2 hours ago, Lakeside said:

I know. What I meant that WBAC enables them to inflate their figures of cars passing through.

38 minutes ago, twerp said:

I know. What I meant that WBAC enables them to inflate their figures of cars passing through.

WBAC is a huge success for them.BCA last results stated they had sold 300,000 WBAC  and made a lot of money.They report again in June and they are already saying profits are ahead of expectations.They are also replicating WBAC on the continent,it will be interesting to see their results this time.

• Like 1

For the couple of different large franchise groups I worked for it was always around 1-1.5% of hammer price including the VAT. 

Edited by Langley Prestige