Sign in to follow this  
Mojo121

Refusal of repair

52 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I would ask Jeep if they think its fit for purpose and usable for a 13 year old car...... Speak to someone who isn't a sales robot. 

Waiting on something in writing from them. Spoke to the workshop manager, he says the leak needs doing but also commented it could have happened at any point. She's done 500 miles in it. Anyway, £1200 to fit a transmission cooler ha! The difficulty I'm going to have, I know, is explaining to her how the car isn't written off and how some of the repairs are not our responsibility or necessary when their total health check came to £2550.

They also found a rear ''a'' frame balljoint, a weak bonnet strut and a rear diff with a slight weep - none of which is an issue. The a frame is just worn, workshop chap said it's a next MOT look at job. Slight diff weep is no bother either. A discount was given for a short MOT and potential remedial repairs at the time of sale.

Don’t worry, she’ll of forgotten about the discount as soon as she drove off your forecourt!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mojo121 said:

Waiting on something in writing from them. Spoke to the workshop manager, he says the leak needs doing but also commented it could have happened at any point. She's done 500 miles in it. Anyway, £1200 to fit a transmission cooler ha! The difficulty I'm going to have, I know, is explaining to her how the car isn't written off and how some of the repairs are not our responsibility or necessary when their total health check came to £2550.

They also found a rear ''a'' frame balljoint, a weak bonnet strut and a rear diff with a slight weep - none of which is an issue. The a frame is just worn, workshop chap said it's a next MOT look at job. Slight diff weep is no bother either. A discount was given for a short MOT and potential remedial repairs at the time of sale.

£2550.?..........That must come under the theft act..

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

£2550.?..........That must come under the theft act..

i have yet to meet a trader who likes visiting a jeep trade counter

im sure the foreign legion sounds a nicer experiance

3 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

Are they sure it's the cooler not just the pipes?

https://chryslerbreakers.co.uk/

Edited by met

i had one little spunk bubble take his 2004 smart car to Mercedes for a health check

Taking Zafiras for their free blower motor upgrade gave me an insight into main dealer assessments & charged with their complimentary health checks.

£327.60 (Inc vat) for front discs & pads only!

One had passed an MOT’d the day before - they suggested over £700 of work (£500 came in the bright red under immediate/dangerous column).

Funnily enough discs & pads feature prominently on their ‘danger’ list - someone more suspicious than I would think they were frightening customers into paying inflated prices.

2 hours ago, tradex said:

There's a moral here, don't sell unprepped cars with short tickets, it's asking for trouble.

Tbh I have £999ers that sound better prepped & come fully MOT’d. Big heavy bonnets dropping on punters? F*** me, struts are a few quid on eBay.

I think this is a case of the trade thinking that because it comes with an MOT it’s ok to sell it when in reality the present MOT counts for nowt.

My prep standards are pisspoor with regards to cosmetics but nothing leaves here half-knackered and/or dangerous unless it’s a £2-400 spares or repair knacker. There is absolutely no excuse for faulty retail cars leaving your premises. 

Normally I’d say sack off the customer but in this case I think the seller needs to take a look at the car & re-assess their business model.

Sounds like I should throw in the towel and retire. 

Weak bonnet struts. They hold. But they're weak. Pointed out and factored into the MOT discount. Offered to MOT, refused, preferred a discount, wanted the car asap, customer accepted weak bonnet struts. I was open and honest from the start with them. Nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned.

In the words of a scouse "calm down, calm down"

We try not to give a customer a reason to take the car into another garage.

Nowadays every garage (independent or franchised main dealer or one man band) have a huge chip on their shoulder when it comes to used car dealers..... they think we are having it off and taking huge profits out of every car.

And if they cant get a share of it by putting in huge bills/estimates then they try to sabotage the sale as best as they can by slating us/the car.

Bastards......

36 minutes ago, Stalker said:

We try not to give a customer a reason to take the car into another garage.

Nowadays every garage (independent or franchised main dealer or one man band) have a huge chip on their shoulder when it comes to used car dealers..... they think we are having it off and taking huge profits out of every car.

And if they cant get a share of it by putting in huge bills/estimates then they try to sabotage the sale as best as they can by slating us/the car.

Bastards......

its always been this way though

theres an mot garage near me that also sells cars,ive heard they have been taken to court due to dodgy dealings but they still told a customer of mine to buy a car i had for sale but the tester guy who came with the customer then went on to say he would have failed it on a mark on the windscreen even though it was outside the drivers arc

he would have loved to have lifted her skirt but i dont need to i prefer the monies:lol:

5 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

Offered to MOT, refused, preferred a discount, wanted the car asap

I sack all these ones off straight away because they always turn out to be hassle.

Fresh MOT and any encountered mechanical gremlins sorted, pick up 7 days later. Don't like it? Go buy elsewhere.

For balance, plenty do go elsewhere.

And you were open and honest. 

It's not easy.