Sign in to follow this  
Willoughby

2009 Merc Service history

Just got a 35,000 miles 2009 Merc at the block with no service book, its not my usual thing, I have some old MOT's that confirm the mileage and they are done by Merc dealers so i suspect it may well have a Merc History - which would be very nice...Spoke to local Merc dealer who needs V5 in my name before they can help, looked at Merc online and think will have same problem - anyone know if their is a route around this.....

Try another Merc Dealer. I’ve always got info out of them. Especially if you suggest they just blank out the last customer’s details. 

They usually just read it out to me. Date of visit and whether it was a service or a recall plus mileage. I then mock up a nice looking A4 printed sheet with the info and dealers number etc. 

Not tried it with Mercedes, but I usually say if I purchase a service book from you can you fill in the stamps. 

No issues with data protection there.

try another Merc dealer, its usually a digital service book so just ask them to confirm when merc has seen it etc, I found my local dealer to be very accommodating but I guess if you get a growler on reception who hasn't had her weekly hump she may be unfriendly....

Mercedes are a real pain in the arse about this , but if you scan in a purchase invoice as well as the V5 and email it to customer services they do normally come back with the history ...or as mentioned keep trying 'till you get a friendly dealer .

best of luck

Why oh why have they adopted digital history...... It totally puts me off buying a Mercedes. Some cars have a book, some come with a print. But what if its been serviced outside the dealer network.......... Why deliberately abolish the ability to continue the provenance of a car once its left the dealer network..

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Why oh why have they adopted digital history...... It totally puts me off buying a Mercedes. Some cars have a book, some come with a print. But what if its been serviced outside the dealer network.......... Why deliberately abolish the ability to continue the provenance of a car once its left the dealer network..

Aftermarket workshops can add to the history, I’ve seen prints with Halfords auto centres etc on. We advise customers to keep invoices.

However gdpr will abolish this too. Apparently we are to redact customers details from all service history moving forwards.

Edited by Stalker

Had this with the local Ford Dealer a fortnight ago on a Galaxy.

Once I’d emailed them my auction receipt & log book they confirmed by email the service history they had (NOT old invoices - just the details). Unfortunately I’d almost wasted my time - one service only with them :rolleyes: