Sign in to follow this  
Grantlfc81

Cars you cant get enough of

2 minutes ago, sparky said:

French diesels are still my favourite.

Back in the day, I'd walk 500 miles and 500 more to buy a Renault Espace and did very well on MG ZR's. I'd imagine it I went back through my stock book I've probably bought more ZR's than anything else. Huge shame the new ones look now look a 7 pinter, when your sober.

Bet you can change a head gasket blind folded and arms tied behind your back:lol:

Merc W210 E320 CDI’s used to be my bread and butter, until they all started to disintegrate. 

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

Bet you can change a head gasket blind folded and arms tied behind your back:lol:

Ahhh the old ZR, My bread and butter back in the day. Bought for peanuts with head gasket failure, couple of hours work then back up for sale and doubled my money.  Had loads of them.

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

Ha, I can't operate anything more than a 10m socket. Rover window mechs though, now your talking :)

16 hours ago, tradex said:

Not so sweet if it's a "money back car sales, how can I help you?";)

Thankfully we don't sell boomerang cars.... :D;)

On 15/04/2018 at 1:36 PM, EPV said:

A3 3.2 Quattros. Picking a 1 owner 33,000 miles one up tomorrow. Will be gone with 15 days at full price. 

What avants go well for you, A4 or A6’s?

15 days was pessimistic, just took a deposit on it. Collected on Monday, sold by Thursday morning. 

2 hours ago, EPV said:

15 days was pessimistic, just took a deposit on it. Collected on Monday, sold by Thursday morning. 

Suprising to hear this.

£500 tax disc, looks like an SE, 20 MPG 

1 minute ago, twerp said:

Suprising to hear this.

£500 tax disc, looks like an SE, 20 MPG 

People who buy these cars don’t give a toss about tax discs and mpg mate. The bloke who bought it has a 911 as his toy and wanted a daily driver. Another enquiry was from someone who already has one but wanted to chop it for mine which has half the mileage. 

They are cars for petrol heads. 

6 minutes ago, EPV said:

People who buy these cars don’t give a toss about tax discs and mpg mate. The bloke who bought it has a 911 as his toy and wanted a daily driver. Another enquiry was from someone who already has one but wanted to chop it for mine which has half the mileage. 

They are cars for petrol heads. 

Obviously a different market then with low mileage examples -  the ones with 90k+ miles struggle to find buyers at auction unless they are way less than £2k.

Edited by twerp

Never rated them, had a 3.2 DSG TT and a Merc 350CDI and the Merc would beat it from a standstill and top end, not to mention mid-range, and get 41mpg average

6 hours ago, twerp said:

Obviously a different market then with low mileage examples -  the ones with 90k+ miles struggle to find buyers at auction unless they are way less than £2k.

Possibly. I sold one with 72,000 miles on it within a week about 5 weeks ago. I wouldn’t touch anything with starship miles on anyway 

Civic 2.2 CDTI Sport 2007 with 60k

A good friend wants to dispose of this car, only books at £1900 but retail to me looks way in excess of £3k, maybe as much £3,600-£3690 given low mileage and condition.

Am I looking along the right lines with this one?

7 hours ago, SC Derby said:

Civic 2.2 CDTI Sport 2007 with 60k

A good friend wants to dispose of this car, only books at £1900 but retail to me looks way in excess of £3k, maybe as much £3,600-£3690 given low mileage and condition.

Am I looking along the right lines with this one?

I've just paid £1950 inc tip from BCA for a 58 plate se with heated lthr 85k & 9 honda stamps so i guess you're on the money .used to do really well with these a few years ago then ,as cars do , they fell out of favour over night . Bought this as it seemed good value and they rarely give trouble...good luck !

Gimmie a late plate Matiz, £30 tax, leccy front windows and air and i'm a happy man.

9 hours ago, Anglo9 said:

I've just paid £1950 inc tip from BCA for a 58 plate se with heated lthr 85k & 9 honda stamps so i guess you're on the money .used to do really well with these a few years ago then ,as cars do , they fell out of favour over night . Bought this as it seemed good value and they rarely give trouble...good luck !

I gonna shy away from the SE spec, I have a crv ssr at the moment (lovely car) well priced, but it’s sat here for 6 months. I keep getting (I’m really after an EX).....

9 hours ago, grant8064 said:

Gimmie a late plate Matiz, £30 tax, leccy front windows and air and i'm a happy man.

Ha. Took a 2011 Chevrolet Spark in part and it flew out of the door.  Do I.......

12 hours ago, Anglo9 said:

.used to do really well with these a few years ago then ,as cars do , they fell out of favour over night . Bought this as it seemed good value and they rarely give trouble...good luck !

I’ve never had a diesel Civic but used to do a few petrol Type-S. They collapsed overnight & another trader found the same. I’ve noticed the book values have started softening on the diesels so they’ll be ‘Banger Focus/Astra’ money shortly. Personally I’d not want to have an 11yr old hatchback stood at strong money - I’d GUESS they need to be keenly priced.

11 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I gonna shy away from the SE spec, I have a crv ssr at the moment (lovely car) well priced, but it’s sat here for 6 months. I keep getting (I’m really after an EX).....

Deffo CRV has to be EX all the way !

3 hours ago, Anglo9 said:

Deffo CRV has to be EX all the way !

Sorry, I disagree, or at least I do when it comes to miley examples (I don’t do low milers). Any CRV sells if it’s priced correctly, these cars attract straight punters not fussy bastards.