Sign in to follow this  
twerp

Check licences before test drives

wonder if the test drive passenger, ie, "salesperson" will also be fined for allowing the car to be used without insurance or road tax, as i cannot see any reason , other than car not showing on mid and not taxed as to why it was chased in first place;)

I'm so glad we don't sell anything even remotely prestige or sporty. Can only imagine the crap you have to deal with regarding test drives

14 hours ago, grant8064 said:

I'm so glad we don't sell anything even remotely prestige or sporty. Can only imagine the crap you have to deal with regarding test drives

Really not that bad to be fair. Its the run of the mill stuff that seems to have the worst drivers out there.

I don’t sell anything of any great value but it’s still always on the back of my mind when rough looking punters turn up.

A local private seller had his Merc robbed at knifepoint whilst on test drive a couple of years back.

Tbh I don’t think how rough someone looks is an indication of whether or not they possess a full licence.

What I’ve sometimes thought is about immigrants. I think they need to convert to a UK licence after a period of living here but I’ve no idea of the rules. 

Money talks & for a few mile test drive I’m not too bothered. Until something goes wrong :lol:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BHM said:

Tbh I don’t think how rough someone looks is an indication of whether or not they possess a full licence.

What I’ve sometimes thought is about immigrants. I think they need to convert to a UK licence after a period of living here but I’ve no idea of the rules. 

Money talks & for a few mile test drive I’m not too bothered. Until something goes wrong :lol:

I wasn’t referring to having a licence I was thinking more weather I was going to be carjacked or not.

9 hours ago, Lakeside said:

I don’t sell anything of any great value but it’s still always on the back of my mind when rough looking punters turn up.

A local private seller had his Merc robbed at knifepoint whilst on test drive a couple of years back.

a suggestion to all, when on a test drive, and its always you first, you explain the switches as you drive, on swapover, you pull up, you remove the keys, you hold the door open for the driver, you walk round to the passenger seat, and you hand the driver the keys ! 

note=

[if you've had to have battery pack on then make sure when you pull up, its on a hill :lol::ph34r:] !