Sign in to follow this  
Grantlfc81

Easter holiday trade

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

My mistake - but funding and added extra value (upgraded warranty etc)?

Hi Mark

Warranties..we started doing our own over 20 years ago,we throw them in.Upselling warranties,service contracts,Gap ins and other stuff is easier for main dealers.In the past,when we have done it,it just seems to cause bad feelings with the punters down the line.

• Like 2

2 yesterday 2 today so hopefully we are following the trend we saw last year and we will all have a busy end to the month. 

How is everyone finding this month?

We have been really quiet. We have had a run of "thanks I'll let you know" punters last couple of weeks to never be seen again.

It was the same last year and went mad the last 10 days, so here is me hoping for the same!!

Same here. Just ticking over and last year April ended strongly too.  It’s a funny old game....

Down on this time last year but a bit happening today so I’m hoping the latter half of the months going to improve 

Seems to be OK, struggling to buy the stock if anything, my local AH is always busy and things going crazy, only bought one car yesterday.. I was hoping to walk away with 4 or 5.

Deadly quiet here. Nice to be cleaning up at the block for a change though.

Our only enquiry today has been for a 'diesel, auto, towing vehicle, not too big, cheap tax and must be economical' Budget...

£800 :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, grant8064 said:

Deadly quiet here. Nice to be cleaning up at the block for a change though.

Our only enquiry today has been for a 'diesel, auto, towing vehicle, not too big, cheap tax and must be economical' Budget...

£800 :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

31 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Cannot sell this vehicle for love nor money - not even had a call on it - FSH - belt done - extremely clean- priced extremely well- shoot me now

http://www.villagecarsbillericay.co.uk/single-car.php?ID=52

Not that it will help you sell it any quicker but the price on your website is the previous price. 

£4,995 is definitely on the money but £5,495 is probably on the heavy side. When did you reduce it?

I also wonder if people are put off because it’s a bit leggy and a 1.6 Diesel engine maybe? 

Every Passat I have usually sits around for a while, I agree 2.0 TDI is more desirable and much better for towing. We all know Passat owners like to tow Caravans to their wife swap adventures:)

• Like 1

Hi Grant we’ve all been there (although anything diesel is a bit of a struggle this year down our way (South Coast) but I’ve struggled with 1.6’s of these and German stuff in general.) 

I’d rather see the cars advert in whatever platform you use to be able to comment better, but just from your website listing the following stands out to me:

1. Is it me or is there no worded description about the car? Service history, cambelt, owners, condition etc? As a punter, I think it’s very light on info.

2. Those front seats look dirty/stained

3. Wheel edges look nibbled and I know it’s up on the miles but I’d do these..

4. I always do a picture of the engine bay and a close up of the wheels and sometimes the service book  

5. It just says it’s a five door so I don’t know if it will come up on a search for an estate car without knowing where you advertise. 

6. Is it grey or black?

7. I’d say £4995 is the price point for that. 

I’m happy to PM you my website if you’d like to compare etc and see if you like anything better.  

Edited by NOACROSS

57 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Cannot sell this vehicle for love nor money - not even had a call on it - FSH - belt done - extremely clean- priced extremely well- shoot me now

http://www.villagecarsbillericay.co.uk/single-car.php?ID=52

Nice car and well presented IMO.

From your website I don't see 'Estate' 'Cambelt and waterpump replaced' or 'FSH' mentioned enough (or at all, only had a quick look).

Massive selling points that need screaming about. 

1.6 in a Passat is a struggle but talk up the Bluemotion, cheap tax, silly MPG etc and it would appeal to me as a buyer more. 

Like NOACROSS we're down south and nobody wants to even look at a diesel VW, let alone climb in one. Been like that for a while for us. Hope your areas better.

...oh and rotate some of your pics!

Hi it is all outlined on the auto trader advert but not on my website. We are working on the description section at present. Baby steps

45 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Hi it is all outlined on the auto trader advert but not on my website. We are working on the description section at present. Baby steps

Looked at your website on AT,nicely presented stock but I have to say not enough ‘bullshit’.Picture of you,CV ( embellished),better descriptions of stock etc. Also the Passat should  do £4999 but it is described as 119k when your photo appears to show 121k.That does not inspire punters confidence.Also,what is your average mark up,I find a lot of start ups with low costs make the mistake of overcharging.

Paid £3800 for the Passat - I feel £4990 is extremely well priced. And it's in great condition.

Sometimes cars sit for ages without a bite - that seems to be the way nowadays.

Do a quick video walkround using iphone. Talk about the excellent MPG and how great it would be for weekends aways, kids bikes dogs its got it covered. Safe  / Solid etc. Mention belts and cost saving with it just being done. Do same in advert description.

A lot of passat estate buyers will be doing these sort of things so make it seem like this is 'the car for them' that really fits their lifestyle.

9 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Paid £3800 for the Passat - I feel £4990 is extremely well priced. And it's in great condition.

Hi Grant

Thank you,that is exactly the point I am making.You bought it ‘right’,but then you killed it at £5450.This stock is plentyfull,you could have bought and sold 3 similar ones at £4999,the time you have had it....Car supermarkets often work on £7-£800 mark ups,don’t be influenced by ‘gobshites’ telling you they are taking 2 grand out of this and that when in reality they probably do not have ‘a pot to piss in’.We all know these people.....Good Luck.

3 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Hi Grant

Thank you,that is exactly the point I am making.You bought it ‘right’,but then you killed it at £5450.This stock is plentyfull,you could have bought and sold 3 similar ones at £4999,the time you have had it....Car supermarkets often work on £7-£800 mark ups,don’t be influenced by ‘gobshites’ telling you they are taking 2 grand out of this and that when in reality they probably do not have ‘a pot to piss in’.We all know these people.....Good Luck.

I reckon some supermarkets run on £200 mark ups and upsell finance and warranties and diamonbrite coatings to make the £7-800. 

2 minutes ago, EPV said:

I reckon some supermarkets run on £200 mark ups and upsell finance and warranties and diamonbrite coatings to make the £7-800. 

For once, we are in agreement James :lol:

• Like 1

The Price was 4990 all along on autotrader. however ive adjusted the price on my website now.

Such a shame this little git wont shift. not even an email or a phone call on it. The cars wants for nothing.

ill put some more info on auto trader but.... who knows.

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

Hi Grant

I thought I was the only one on this forum working for peanuts most of the time! 

So, ive reduced the price to £4790 - needs a pdi and already had MOT with no advisories, lets see how this goes.

amazing how some little stunners simply will not sell