Sign in to follow this  
Autolink100

Another negative review, whats your take on this

So today we get yet another negative review on google from someone else who has never bought a car from us. This one from a bufoon who had us hold a £16K vehicle for him for two weeks before telling us he couldn't go ahead as he couldn't get finance. Predictably he then asks for his deposit back.

Now I shouldn't really be surprised the idiot left the review in this day and age and frankly I'm reaching the point where I just don't care any more but in his review he stated that

We stole from him

I am dishonest

We are liars

Now none of those things are true but could they be considered libellous or improper  and have grounds to be removed. I know some of you will say I should have just rolled over and given him his money but I've got be honest, I just can't do it, I just can't let these people dictate to me, after 31 years in the trade where I have always called the shots with the punters, I just can't let them walk all over me. I fucking hate these morons.

Sorry, needed to get it off my chest

• Like 1

You are absolutely correct not to refund his deposit. Half you got it off your chest :lol:

I suspect that in order to remove the feedback you’d have to get a court injunction (or something like that) in order to force Google - let’s be honest, you won’t go to them lengths.

Would this be the correct place to yet again reiterate “f*** reviews, they aren’t worth a w***, they can write whatever they like as I’ll never see it because I don’t read reviews”? (I will await the inevitable comments saying I live in the dark ages from those of you who kowtow to keyboard warrior scum).

How much deposit did you get and how did he pay it,was it debit or credit card or cash.Did he appear sensible .Did he say if he had funds in place or if he was getting his own finance.....Do you do finance...Did you have any contact with him during the 2 weeks..just interested,don’t respond if you don’t want to,no offence intended.

Andy, I have always wondered if that is an option. What does it cost these days to get a strongly worded solicitors letter written making threats of court action that you would probably never take but hopefully put the wind up them enough to take the review down. Sounds like you have been there ?

21 minutes ago, Autolink100 said:

Andy, I have always wondered if that is an option. What does it cost these days to get a strongly worded solicitors letter written making threats of court action that you would probably never take but hopefully put the wind up them enough to take the review down. Sounds like you have been there ?

What’s this? Hollow threats of court action? You sound like a mug punter!

Sorry but do you honestly think Google will be shitting themselves receiving a solicitors letter & bend over backwards to satisfy your every wish? If so, think again.

Btw, in the case of eBay if negative feedback hasn’t breached their policies then eBay require a court order before they’ll remove it.

Perhaps sleep on it and here’s a serious suggestion - DO NOT SEARCH & READ REVIEWS. I stopped giving a toss years ago about the views of disgruntled idiots. If you think a few bad reviews are going to torpedo your business then I suggest you need to take a step back and start thinking rationally.

Just reply to it politely pointing out the facts.  Don’t get tempted to disparage him but try to make it slightly lighthearted if you you want. Most people will read your answer and think he’s the idiot. I wouldn’t then lose any sleep over it. 

1 minute ago, BHM said:

Sorry but do you honestly think Google will be shitting themselves receiving a solicitors letter & bend over backwards to satisfy your every wish? If so, think again.

Btw, in the case of eBay if negative feedback hasn’t breached their policies then eBay require a court order before they’ll remove it.

Perhaps sleep on it and here’s a serious suggestion - DO NOT SEARCH & READ REVIEWS. I stopped giving a toss years ago about the views of disgruntled idiots. If you think a few bad reviews are going to torpedo your business then I suggest you need to take a step back and start thinking rationally.

Not for one minute would I bother sending a solicitors letter to google, as if they would give a shit. I think Andy was talking about a letter to the punter. Something strongly worded threatening action although you would never take it. I think quite a few punters would bottle it and take the review down, maybe not but worth a shot

I can not be swayed on this......... Reviews are disgusting, same as social media. Its unfair and unjust. The general public is horrendous and entitled. Having said that, they do matter now, even though they can be incredibly unfair. Best thing to do is reply to the comment, explaining what happened, then get all your friends and family to post good reviews. Its so ridiculous that it comes down to this, but the human race is becoming repugnant.......

Legal solutions 4 u offer a service where they get it removed, from memory it’s about £40. 

save your forty quid and do it yourself, i did, and the company was based in poland or something :lol: just contact them, you'll find how to in there terms and conditions for posting reviews, remind them its subject to a court case, that they can have the claim number if needed, and they could be party to a contempt of court if they dont remove the post in 24 hour, i did this and bloody hell it worked :D

[ by posting reviews you agree that the company you posted the review with to pay any costs to them for any legal duties they have to reply to, so its easier just to remove the post]

send £40 to=

have a word with wife at

word with the wife towers

haw2fe:wacko:

4 hours ago, BHM said:

You don’t need a court order for eBay, just complete a defamation form and the comments will be removed. https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/defam.html

6 hours ago, Autolink100 said:

I know some of you will say I should have just rolled over and given him his money but I've got be honest, I just can't do it, I just can't let these people dictate to me, after 31 years in the trade where I have always called the shots with the punters, I just can't let them walk all over me. I fucking hate these morons.

Sorry, needed to get it off my chest

I am absolutely with you, its like when someone idiot cuts you up on the road and then gives you the bird, unjust and completely unfair. But, to act with road rage is wrong.

The secret now is to respond by belittling / dismissing the prick in the most politest and professional way. 

Your review readers will see he’s the moron and appreciate your rational reply. 

Reviews are a pain in the ass but they are a sad fact of running a business, yes people do read reviews and decide what your business is like before even speaking to you, you must reply to the review and turn it around in your favour, explain that it has cost you xyz removing car from sale, preparing it to his standards loss of turnover etc etc state that deposits are none refundable and a contract such as the one he signed is legally binding.....worded correctly it can make him look like a skint chancer wannabe rather than an innocent hard done to saint... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

You don’t need a court order for eBay, just complete a defamation form and the comments will be removed. https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/defam.html

The comments MAY be removed depending upon ebay’s judgement but the rating will not be removed.

Tbh I’m not sure why people get so upset about the occasional bad rating - any half reasonable person/customer understands you can’t please 100% of the people 100% of the time. I know it’d be nice to face up to these people & scare the hell out of them but as most are faceless keyboard warriors I realised years ago that there is no point getting wound up by their opinions.

If you want to see bad reviews just google copart. 

My local nandos have a lot of bad reviews, went there the other day and the food was nice and the service great.  

So easy to leave malicious false reviews because they can, as said above keyboard warriors. 

27 minutes ago, AutoJacob said:

Spent the past 20 mins going through all them, absolutely hilarious.. :lol:

Wouldn't want to use a credit card that's for sure 

18 hours ago, Tom said:

Whats the Story Here? I deal with Gary and he always seemed a nice guy with very interesting stock, did I miss something he did over the weekend?

38 minutes ago, Kieran @ Cazana said:

Whats the Story Here? I deal with Gary and he always seemed a nice guy with very interesting stock, did I miss something he did over the weekend?

Quite funny reading to be honest but some of it seems a bit much also interested to see what is going on here