Sign in to follow this  
Autolink100

Another negative review, whats your take on this

I have to agree I cant give a car away over 4k from door, maybe even 3K

16 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I am considering re-profiling my stock to £3-4k cars.  

All the lumpy stuff people want finance (I don't have FCA), I have too much tied up in the stuff, so lengthy stock times start to hurt and I don't seem to make any more per deal relative to the outlay.

Most people (the ones I want to deal with) can lay their hands on £3-4k or use a CC and the phone rings a lot more for this gear IMO.

That's my findings in my limited couple of months trading.

everyman and his dog wants these though because they are seen as minimum spend required prior to retail so silly money paid by the boys with cheque books

you are best finding a niche:)

2 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I am considering re-profiling my stock to £3-4k cars.  

All the lumpy stuff people want finance (I don't have FCA), I have too much tied up in the stuff, so lengthy stock times start to hurt and I don't seem to make any more per deal relative to the outlay.

Most people (the ones I want to deal with) can lay their hands on £3-4k or use a CC and the phone rings a lot more for this gear IMO.

That's my findings in my limited couple of months trading.

Horses for courses I think. My cheapest car at £5,350 I haven’t opened the door on in 35 days and I sold a £10k merc Estate in 2 days last week plus another £10k merc in 22 days earlier this year. 

There’s a market for £500 bangers and £500k super cars and everything in between. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

I have to agree I cant give a car away over 4k from door, maybe even 3K

It used to be different 8 years ago, I used to sell up £7Kish from the door with a couple of eBay auction cars into 5 figures (those were the days!)

Despite running a (slightly :lol:) more professional business my stock profile is lower & as I have no interest in dealing with chuckie punters, unless it’s something ‘different’ or ‘A bit of flash for not much cash’ then cash customers over £3K are a rare beast. The thought of having a compound full of £4-5000 Focuses etc. would keep me awake at night because family man nowadays is a chuckie punter or wants to max-up his credit card.

Probably to do with my inability to buy the right cars aswell, eos was me worst ever now know why you stay away from the vw badge

It's all a learning curve Stephen. Don't get down, just get better because the money's in the buying.

We recently looked at photos of the stuff we had in stock when we first began under four years ago and bar a Panda and a couple of generic bits we haven't had any of them in stock again since. We must have been an auctioneers dream rolling up looking to buy 25 cars in a month and hoovering up all the rubbish that had been going through each week unsold...we were as green as the grass!

• Like 1