Sign in to follow this  
Trident

Showing Discounts on Invoice

An odd query...Do you always show the discount given on the invoice??? we never have, we show the price to be paid not the screen price.  Just had a customer asking for an original invoice from Dec 2016 to be ammended to show screen price so he can claim the original price from his Gap Insurance!! 

17 minutes ago, tradex said:

That's fraud is it not on your customers part and he asking you to be party to it.:o

I think so from the conversation we had with him! smacked of insurance fraud to me.  But, i was happy to do a copy invoice showing the original price less the discount and the final amount paid.  I hold proof of the advertised price and obviously have proof of the actual paid price so can't see anything wrong in showing the discount given, but i'm pretty sure that's not what he wanted!!!! just curious really to see if others showed original less discount or actual price paid...

Just show final price - what value is there in showing the screen price?  We don't work for Currys

I sometimes show the screen price and sale price if i have discounted the screen price due to say the odd scratch or scuffed leather ect, done one the other weekend due to some scuffing on alloys, which also tied in with the pdi delivery report. 

saves any headaches further on down the road

9 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I sometimes show the screen price and sale price if i have discounted the screen price due to say the odd scratch or scuffed leather ect, done one the other weekend due to some scuffing on alloys, which also tied in with the pdi delivery report. 

saves any headaches further on down the road

Just save your pictures and video and explain when completing your PDI you keep a copy of all your advertising. 

thats a customer being fraudulent - what a surprise. I just show the price I sold it for - thats what matters.

3 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Just save your pictures and video and explain when completing your PDI you keep a copy of all your advertising. 

I do all that as well, fail to see what difference adding the wording original price £2995 sale price agreed £2895

2 hours ago, justina3 said:

I do all that as well, fail to see what difference adding the wording original price £2995 sale price agreed £2895

I guess it just adds to any “evidence” when customer kicks off or rejects a vehicle later down the line. At least you can show a clear PDI or the fault in addition to your advertising, a signed acceptance AND a discount.

hopefully you’d never be such scenario but every little helps

2 minutes ago, justlooking said:

I guess it just adds to any “evidence” when customer kicks off or rejects a vehicle later down the line. At least you can show a clear PDI or the fault in addition to your advertising, a signed acceptance AND a discount.

hopefully you’d never be such scenario but every little helps

Its also something certain VAT officers will look for as well, say a  car is marked up for £4995 on your website but you only bank £4500 did you discount the car for a reason or take part payment in cash and put the difference in your pocket, sometimes a vat officer will study a client for a while before turning up.

24 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Its also something certain VAT officers will look for as well, say a  car is marked up for £4995 on your website but you only bank £4500 did you discount the car for a reason or take part payment in cash and put the difference in your pocket, sometimes a vat officer will study a client for a while before turning up.

If anyone is daft enough to pocket undeclared cash and a VAT officer asks you about it,you are being accused of a criminal offence.As I understand it under the PACE regs you can answer ‘no comment’ from then on to anything being asked.We had a retired customs officer working for us and I think he said they had more powers than the police.

Amend f.a. - the price is the price. These cheeky chancers boil my piss - a deal’s a deal and that’s the end of it.

Years & years ago I remember a fellow trader who did a cash deal with a private buyer over a VAT registered van. Over two years later, said customer phoned out of the blue “Remember me? I bought XXXXXXX, I now want a VAT invoice cos I’m now VAT registered and I now want to slip it into my books & reclaim the VAT”!!!

He was told to sod off but even the fact that he only became VAT registered 2 years later didn’t sink in - he seemed to think every penny of VAT he’d paid since leaving school could be reclaimed. F***ing idiot.

The only reason anyone ever phones up after driving away is for THEIR benefit - not yours.

Just don’t discount your cars. Problem solved. 

On 21/03/2018 at 0:02 PM, Trident said:

An odd query...Do you always show the discount given on the invoice??? we never have, we show the price to be paid not the screen price.  Just had a customer asking for an original invoice from Dec 2016 to be ammended to show screen price so he can claim the original price from his Gap Insurance!! 

The purpose of gap is to put the customer back in the position they started, so the price he paid is relevant not the advertised price, the invoice he received from you with the transaction price would be all they’d get from me.

• Like 1