Sign in to follow this  
grant8064

Screamers

We've got a right good one on our hands currently....

Bought a car on the weekend and after some confusing dialogue they have finally requested that the sale is cancelled. Now we're 100% happy with this, infact we suggested it. They have switched from the usual odd but nice enough punter to the consumer from hell. So it's all coming up rosy, refund, sell to someone with an IQ higher than eight and move on. 

One possible snag though...the vehicle had some service history and invoices in the handbook pack and the customer from hell has apparently phoned the last owner to confirm the history and do some detective work. Now the irate (I don't know why they're so angry, we're offering a full refund as requested) customer is threatening us with legal action because we've breached the data protection act by leaving a previous keepers address and tel no on a bill in the book pack. I've never ever dealt with someone who irritates me so much coming up with this kind of stuff so have we done anything wrong? And if so have they also by contacting the previous keeper?

The previous owners details are all on the V5 aren’t they, for the world and it’s wife to see. 

Tell them to bring the car back, you’ll give them a refund and anything above and beyond that ignore them and/or tell them to fuck off. You didn’t put the previous owners details on the bills/invoices, any reasonable person would welcome as much paperwork back up to a car as possible. No doubt if you tippexed out the previous customers details the screamer would be calling you out for foul play. Give them their money back and don’t enter into any further discussions on anything else. Send them the offer of a full refund by recorded delivery and email. 

• Like 1

( I was being a bit tongue in cheek...i'm not really worried i've just never had such a strange spurious threat before)

Refund and F off is all they're getting. It does make you wonder though doesn't it...these people have jobs and mortgages and kids somehow.

• Like 1

Fair enough, I must say I had in my mind you was a bit of a worrier, clearly i’m thinking of someone else. 

I wonder what is going through their head. Are they looking for more than a refund? Who died and made them god of data protection?!

Some of the punters are absolutely stark staring mad, and you’ve got one of them! These arseholes will say absolutely anything to attempt to muddy the waters - f*** knows why cos you’ve offered them their money back.

Best of luck!

Here is a cracker for you, Sold an Aygo the weekend nothing special billy basic to a lovely couple for there sons 18th it was going to be a surprise, anyway customers rang yesterday and explained the son hated it wrong color he doesnt like red, has no alloys and thinks the engine is under powered and therefore must have a fault, clearly the spoilt brat of a kid was going to trash the car and i would end up with a claim, as i had lots of people looking at the car watchers on line ect i said dont panic just bring it back and i will refund you minus the merchant charges and i will sell it to someone else who would appreciate it. 

Couple turn up today with spoilt brat in toe, clearly the car had been given a hard time mud all up the rear arches anyway after an inspection i refunded them and wished them good luck, the son then pipes up and suggest as he has found a Corsa D SXI he likes we should by rights be paying the difference from our Aygo to his Corsa for wasting his time, at this point my mechanic steps in and asks them to leave before i slung his scrawny ass out onto the road.

The cheek of some people still manages to amaze me on times.

2 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Here is a cracker for you, Sold an Aygo the weekend nothing special billy basic to a lovely couple for there sons 18th it was going to be a surprise, anyway customers rang yesterday and explained the son hated it wrong color he doesnt like red, has no alloys and thinks the engine is under powered and therefore must have a fault, clearly the spoilt brat of a kid was going to trash the car and i would end up with a claim, as i had lots of people looking at the car watchers on line ect i said dont panic just bring it back and i will refund you minus the merchant charges and i will sell it to someone else who would appreciate it. 

Couple turn up today with spoilt brat in toe, clearly the car had been given a hard time mud all up the rear arches anyway after an inspection i refunded them and wished them good luck, the son then pipes up and suggest as he has found a Corsa D SXI he likes we should by rights be paying the difference from our Aygo to his Corsa for wasting his time, at this point my mechanic steps in and asks them to leave before i slung his scrawny ass out onto the road.

The cheek of some people still manages to amaze me on times.

you dodged a bullet with them by just refunding ,well done i will do exactly the same but i wont normally sell a car like this to parents for their sons for this very reason,girls no problem boys no ,i need to see the boys eyes and body language or i wont do a deal

Yes but the parents are clearly also arseholes for letting the little prick conduct himself like that in public.

Justina3 must be nicer than me cos at that point I’d of told the little turd to piss off & told the parents exactly what I thought of their jumped-up spawning.

just a reminder for you all, please note down the date and time taken and the date and time of refund, speeding tickets, run somebody down [ yes ive had that ] indiscriminate parking etc :unsure:

back to original post, how can they start legal action? as in they start it ? they havent suffered any loss either financially or suffered from there data not being protected ?

post up there name and address in case they come to one of us forum members for a car ;)

22 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

post up there name and address in case they come to one of us forum members for a car ;)

Haha i'd love to but DPA and all that....:P

They really do make you wonder don't they. On the grapevine our guy had bought two elsewhere locally and returned both within the week so i'm less surprised now that he's screamed. I'll be remembering they sent him our way when I get my next one!

6 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

Haha i'd love to but DPA and all that....:P

They really do make you wonder don't they. On the grapevine our guy had bought two elsewhere locally and returned both within the week so i'm less surprised now that he's screamed. I'll be remembering they sent him our way when I get my next one!

This is what I would do ( usually wrongly )because I would be so annoyed.Wait for them to come in and then tell them,’I am sorry but having  taken advice,I have just received instructions that because you are taking further action,we are withdrawing our offer of a full refund.Please get your lawyer to contact our solicitor,here is their address.This is now out of my hands,I would suggest you do not use the car until this matter has been resolved and confirm by reg’d post.

Send him to BHM, would love to see him stick a rocket up that fruit cakes arse!!!! :lol::lol:

1 hour ago, s and b said:

you dodged a bullet with them by just refunding ,well done i will do exactly the same but i wont normally sell a car like this to parents for their sons for this very reason,girls no problem boys no ,i need to see the boys eyes and body language or i wont do a deal

Justin must be a nice guy,I would probably cancel their warranty because of improper use and tell them you are not running a lending library !

Its just not worth the grief, the kid was going to be a massive pain in the ass i look at it as a bullet dodged it will sell this week to a customer who will enjoy the car and the and in turn tell people which may lead to sales, instead of a spoilt brat who would torture us all over social media but of course i wasnt suggesting he would wouldnt be telling the truth....hmm 

I had three last year and I refunded all three of them on my suggestion. I've done this job fairly for far too long to deal with complete and utters cocks.  All three cars then sold more or less straight away with no losses and I have not seen them since.

The best one was an idiot who reported me to companies house for a slight mistake on my headed paper.  Well that and an idiot who gave me my only 1 star review on facebook last week  out of 50 five star ones without even buying a car because I'm not Noel Edmonds and refused him a straight swap, cock.

44 minutes ago, sparky said:

I had three last year and I refunded all three of them on my suggestion. I've done this job fairly for far too long to deal with complete and utters cocks.  All three cars then sold more or less straight away with no losses and I have not seen them since.

The best one was an idiot who reported me to companies house for a slight mistake on my headed paper.  Well that and an idiot who gave me my only 1 star review on facebook last week  out of 50 five star ones without even buying a car because I'm not Noel Edmonds and refused him a straight swap, cock.

What a prat. I can see a five star incoming for you ;)

15 hours ago, grant8064 said:

We've got a right good one on our hands currently....

Bought a car on the weekend and after some confusing dialogue they have finally requested that the sale is cancelled. Now we're 100% happy with this, infact we suggested it. They have switched from the usual odd but nice enough punter to the consumer from hell. So it's all coming up rosy, refund, sell to someone with an IQ higher than eight and move on. 

One possible snag though...the vehicle had some service history and invoices in the handbook pack and the customer from hell has apparently phoned the last owner to confirm the history and do some detective work. Now the irate (I don't know why they're so angry, we're offering a full refund as requested) customer is threatening us with legal action because we've breached the data protection act by leaving a previous keepers address and tel no on a bill in the book pack. I've never ever dealt with someone who irritates me so much coming up with this kind of stuff so have we done anything wrong? And if so have they also by contacting the previous keeper?

The DPA is all about information kept on computer. It covers personal information, medical, monetary records etc etc.... Nothing at all to do with a service receipt passed on by the previous owner. 

Now I have a real hatred for time wasters, idiots, cretins, bulliesand morons and feel it is my responsibility to stand up to the pond life, in fact I quite enjoy it :)  

Now I know, some of the wiser old owls on here have learned to stop the grief before it begins (and I agree) but sometimes these idiots need standing up to. 

Let the sport begin....

22 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

What a prat. I can see a five star incoming for you ;)

ha, cheers mate. One good turn and all that :)

On 3/19/2018 at 9:05 PM, trade vet said:

Justin must be a nice guy,I would probably cancel their warranty because of improper use and tell them you are not running a lending library !

The Kid is terminally thick best off without him in your life.

8 minutes ago, Jack Regan said:

Fooked if I'd if refunded them , some of you roll,over far to easy .

business near me has been totalled twice in 10 years now because of their intransigent attitude

we all have windows of some kind