Sign in to follow this  
trade vet

BCA/WBAC result

Our guys could have bought a nice enough 57 av.miles ,fsh S3 at the door last week for right money.They don’t like S3 retail punters so they ‘passed ‘on it.The guy sold it to WBAC for £6800.....It was entered in UKCG Select in NCLE today and did £8600 online.So with the fees.BCA have just grossed over £2000 on one car......nice one !

8 minutes ago, twerp said:

I'd be having words with your guys

No ,I don’t think so,I am with them,it’s a bit like those Sierra Cosworths years ago,great sellers but the punters were horrible.Suburu Impreza’s were the same.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trade vet said:

No ,I don’t think so,I am with them,it’s a bit like those Sierra Cosworths years ago,great sellers but the punters were horrible.Suburu Impreza’s were the same.

Give me a shout I would buy anything like that from you if you can get hold of it. Thick skinned :D

I wouldn’t want the junk either. Such a shame us independents can’t list on Dealer Auction. (Talking of having it off like BCA). 

Off topic but why they don’t do an ‘Independent Dealer Auction’ I’ll never know.  Full Auction do allow ‘some’ non franchised dealers to list. 

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

Give me a shout I would buy anything like that from you if you can get hold of it. Thick skinned :D

OK.......might be a long wait for another S3 !

6 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

because all the cars would be totally shagged

All?  No way. Some yes. Same with DA.   Punters can and do PX with you/us or they might (and for sure do) give themselves up to a Main Dealer instead. 

Cars often make close to retail on DA as we all know. 

well look at the auctions the *dealer direct* cars do 70% CAP if you're lucky, must be a reason for it

48 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

well look at the auctions the *dealer direct* cars do 70% CAP if you're lucky, must be a reason for it

It’s a trust thing no?

Now DA is well established and everyone wants stock- prices are crazy as every home trader and his dog has a DA account.

The dealer direct stuff is like when you see things from a non-franchised Dealer at your local auction -you run a mile.  And there I would agree with you as in my mind it’s someone else’s trouble and once the hammer goes down you’ve bought it  

DA’s success works on (hopefully) honest descriptions and usually the chance to see the car and sit in it etc before paying.  Also you get to know the good ones from not so good.

I know it would work really well for us if we could list our px’s or overage stock on there.  (Or a similar platform if it existed but trouble is, it isn’t as easy as it sounds to set up)

The afore-mentioned S3 is a prime example of ‘some’ of us not wanting something when it comes in, only for it to make fortunes at the block. Same with the forum member with that high mileage Prius & I wouldn’t want either of them- but you may well do.  It’s just old fashioned networking that seems to have died since the internet came along.  Would any of you have bought it for more than the dealer could have got it in for/what WBAC gave. For sure.

To be fair though, if I was a Main Dealer I’d much rather raffle it on DA than go back to the old way of a few traders vying for the px’s along with ‘drinks, and backhanders etc.

I definitely don’t think every PX we get is crap, but one man’s meat and all that...and whether a car ends up being px’d with us or the Main Dealer doesn’t mean it’s good or bad.

5 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

because all the cars would be totally shagged

Too bloody true! That dealertrade was full of pure tat & although Dealer Auction has its problems they certainly would not be improved by us lads all trying to offload our shite onto someone else, because tbh the only time I’d raffle off a car into the trade would be if it was knackered.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

P/x direct - only for those braver than me, I stopped looking at them about 10 years ago.

how 'pure' is dealer auction? sure there must be some franchised dealers offloading their mates problems. I for one have been unfortunate enough to pick up a poorly described car - A diesel mondeo I didnt realise had 4 knackered injectors until I went to fuel it on the way home and it took ages to start! theres a lesson learnt.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt Reid said:

how 'pure' is dealer auction? sure there must be some franchised dealers offloading their mates problems. I for one have been unfortunate enough to pick up a poorly described car - A diesel mondeo I didnt realise had 4 knackered injectors until I went to fuel it on the way home and it took ages to start! theres a lesson learnt.....

I thought that DA had a thorough vetting system to make sure everyone was 100% Kosher! Sounds like the rot has set in and they're no different to any other auction nowadays.

1 hour ago, met said:

I thought that DA had a thorough vetting system to make sure everyone was 100% Kosher! 

Hahahaha, you are being sarcastic right?

Gave up on DA a long time ago...I can think of punters I trust more than a DA listing and that's saying something

2 hours ago, grant8064 said:

Hahahaha, you are being sarcastic right?

I've got the devil in me today:D

2 hours ago, tradex said:

100% agree. I have personally had. 

1. Salesmans cars

2. Mechanics cars

3. Friends of above

Sooooo true! 

It's owned by Manheim........... Another swizz!