Sign in to follow this  
RH Trading

Hows January?

Don't usually read or like topics that start "How's the month so far?" its usually a sorry tale of woe so trying to start upbeat.

December was about 10% behind previous year so was initially worried about how the new year would start off. However we've just today equalled last Januarys sales number so should exceed Jan 2017 by about 10 cars with a week to go (fingers crossed as long as we have an OK weekend). Diesels being the surprise for me after some of my oldest in stock went out the door with still some decent margin in them. I know the media doesn't help with their scare stories but seems it hasn't put buyers off when diesels are priced right. Workshop is ticking over nicely as well, fully booked for next 5 weeks and if this continues might need another apprentice. as always getting hold of the right stock is biggest headache but diesels at the block still seem to go for silly money or is it just me?

We're busy busy busy on sales and can't buy stock as per usual, not complaining though!

• Like 1

An amazing month for us, didnt move as many numbers but pulled for more margin out of what we did so very happy with that, struggling for stock but i rather have nothing around me than pay through the nose and have to give them away next month.

• Like 1

Decent numbers and very good profit in all units which is pleasing!  Still got lots of good stock ready to go aswell so no need to stock pile more at inflated prices. 

Edited by Ek cars
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, justina3 said:

An amazing month for us, didnt move as many numbers but pulled for more margin out of what we did so very happy with that, struggling for stock but i rather have nothing around me than pay through the nose and have to give them away next month.

+1

Unreal week for us so far. 7 sales out of 33 stock and got others simmering away too so may add 1 or 2 more fingers crossed. 

• Like 2

been very busy I only retail the odd car trade most done 28 inc 7 retail normally only do average 15 a month .

have had traders fighting over cars , bought 8 today recon ill do them all buy end of month .

• Like 1

Nissan tiida still slunking in the corner 3 people have not been able to insure already this month arghhhhh

Edited by Ek cars

Ive not done too bad but Janaury has never been great for me . But October, November and December were all record months so I am not going to worry.

• Like 1

40+ month for us January has been a very good to me both for units and profit and I hope it continues. Been running low on stock throughout and feel we could have done much more.

Hardly any finance deals done which is a shame as the bonus cheque always sweetens things up.

Now lets hope buying becomes easier soon.

21 for us, 6 on finance which is unusually high so all in all a great recovery from a poor December.

Poor end to the last week in Jan but thats mostly down to us being unable to replace the stock we sold 

Thereabouts v last January and ahead of 2016 so cant complain. Buying them is still the biggest headache though, buying them with any profit left in them that is. One of the few franchise contacts I still had just called to say theyre going auction only from this month and their used targets have gone up 25% so they are more than likely gonna be keeping most of the px's anyway. Anyone esle experiencing that?   

All of our main dealers are being offered good money and good rates to send to auction so our direct supply went south a few years back, coupled with the time saving of not having to deal with the traders i can see there thinking.

December was very kind to us, don't know how we've managed to replace stock in January but done 30 units this month (average is 20) so been a very busy month and don't think February is going to slow down, already done 1 today with lots of emails coming through.

I wish it was December again, cars are making silly money at the moment.