Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo

What’s actually selling well ? And what’s not!

Anyone see any trends currently. 

Ours is a bit mixed. 

Regular easy sellers like Yaris etc sticking around and previous tricky ones like BMW X3 flying out. 

How you guys finding it?

what do you consider as the “gems” in terms of easy sellers with lots of interest? And what do you say are the “non-movers”?

for us, Jeep’s are awful but things like MPV’s seem popular!!

You’ll be lucky to get any straight answers on that. 

Comes down to you pays your money you takes your chance. Learning what sells is something we all have to pay for

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, twerp said:

Large 4x4s stopped being popular this Winter I noticed

Snap.

Got a genuinely mint Shogun we've had longer than we should and a couple of others that I expected to go.

Freelanders around the 08 - 11 plate seem to be doing well still though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grant8064 said:

Snap.

Got a genuinely mint Shogun we've had longer than we should and a couple of others that I expected to go.

What year is it ?

The 2010 facelift models with all the toys are a bit dear for what is now a very old car.

The model came out in 2001 ! 

32 minutes ago, twerp said:

What year is it ?

The 2010 facelift models with all the toys are a bit dear for what is now a very old car.

The model came out in 2001 ! 

2008 top spec with one of those Rockford sound systems. We used to do well with them but big stuff seems to have really dropped off for us

Majority of all Large 4x4 are flops now.

X5's
R/R Sports
Discovery Sports
GLC's
Mokka's

all hanging around for over 100 days encounting.

Luckily we've sold most only 1/2 now hanging about but we took a hit on about 5 of them.

Top sellers...  Well, that's down to your area and if your buying well for your area and advertising without being greedy you should have these in stock anyway and treat the heavy stuff as bonus cars.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tradex said:

4X4 kiss of death? Not here they aren't and we love Jeeps.:wub:

One man's meat...

Let me guess - black Disco 4's ?

To quote the peripherals who hang about every block.....We are busy,doing loads of Ssaang Yongs,Insignia Autos,any French stuff.......and McClarens,we are knocking them out as well ......Good sellers from the door !

RED CARS!!!

I kid you not. Had our best ever trading day in years, done eight today, and over half were dog dick colour.

Is dog dick the new white ? I've always refused to pay over clean just because it looks like a fridge............

I think it was a bit of a freak occurance tbh...still not going to be rushing to refill on red stock. We're still paying strong money for white, blue and black but I agree that white doesn't have the draw it did last year for us.

1 hour ago, grant8064 said:

RED CARS!!!

I kid you not. Had our best ever trading day in years, done eight today, and over half were dog dick colour.

Done 2 reds this week funny enough! 

The days of “resale red” seem long gone. More like 90 day red nowadays.

You can shove small cars up your arse, my days are done with them & their horrible greedy buyers.

7 seaters & mid range 4x4s, especially high mileage (so it looks like a lot of flash for not much cash) are good news.

I’ve also had a couple of cabriolets that the phone nearly melted over. Historically I only have any success with cabbies in winter, I reckon the summer punters think they’re being ripped off.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tradex said:

:o

Jesus H Christ no.

There are no Land Rover products to be found here, ever.

We prefer to see our customers only when they wish to buy another car....living with them is not our idea of good business:D

Cracking put down !

18 hours ago, BHM said:

I’ve also had a couple of cabriolets that the phone nearly melted over. Historically I only have any success with cabbies in winter, I reckon the summer punters think they’re being ripped off.

Same here cabs sell really well this time of year but summer they dont. 

On 13/01/2018 at 7:04 PM, grant8064 said:

RED CARS!!!

I think punters are starting to get fed up with grey/silver/black. Bold bright colours are found on high performance/prestige vehicles now. These trends usually work there way down.

Well sadly for those of us who love our diesels, it would appear they are back in vogue at the block.