Sign in to follow this  

Sold a car with an interesting history?

Did anyone catch the James May show on Sunday? Cars of the people or some such

Anyway the history of the beetle was covered , which was quite fascinating in itself, and rather more interesting James drove a certain beetle

Anyway I won't ruin it !

If taken 2 car in part exchange that once belonged to Felicity Kendal (Renault 11 and a Mercedes 190) and have sold various cars to the actor that played 'Red Leader' in the orignal Star Wars films.

Did anyone catch the James May show on Sunday? Cars of the people or some such

Anyway the history of the beetle was covered , which was quite fascinating in itself, and rather more interesting James drove a certain beetle

Anyway I won't ruin it !

I'm not a fan of the TopGear mob but I did catch the back half of the Russian episode. Quite interesting until they went all "topgear" and dropped the thing from a helicopter for some inexplicable reason other than to impress 14yr old boys!

Well. I've just bought a car with an interesting history.

Its a Rover Tomcat 220 Coupe and its original owner was no less than Prince Charles !!! 

It was then bought from the dealer who supplied the royal family with their cars for Rover by a friends grandmother who's owned it ever since ( 20 years).

Cracking car, absolutely original, with all its tax discs. every MOT and full service history and Even its original V5 ( remember those 1 page pink and blue ones !). Its covered 57k. I've bought it for our trading up feature, i'm hoping the history might help push the car up even more.

Either way, an original 220 Targa coupe with 57k must be worth good money

• Like 1

I wonder what happened to the ex Jimmy Saville Range Rover Carawagon which was for sale (with details of the former keeper included in the ad) before the whole Saville thing hit the media in a big way.

The Tomcat sounds interesting Andy, Probably a future classic but I'd have thought values are rock bottom now?

Well, i bought it for a song and given its good mileage and very original condition, once its spruced up its probably at the top end at the moment, which is probable;y between £1250 and £1500.

Agree with you, a definite future classic.... and i have to say, had a hoot driving it in this morning, almost made me feel 21 again....    but its not a time machine sadly

I always wanted one ( sadly i was no longer at school :)  )  So i finally gout to drive one... and its as good as i hoped !

There are only a handful out there for sale, so with a bit of work on this i'm hoping someone will pay decent money !

Jamie - want to buy a lovely rover with interesting provenance. £3k its yours  :D

A P5B Coupe driven by the Queen, yes.  A Tomcat driven by Prince Charles, not so much :P

I wouldn't say it has an interesting history, but we were asked by a good client if we could go and collect a triumph stag he'd bought blind off the internet on his behalf.

All we had was an adress in Crewe, and a blokes name. We were told we had to collect it on a particular weekend as the bloke was some sort of musician and was leaving the country the next week.

Name didn't ring any bells, thought nothing more of it..  Until we arrived at the gentlemans house. lovely house, nothing over the top, and ask to borrow his bathroom. there in the corridoor, Gold and silver discs everywhere. When we asked him what his association was with this "Artist" expecting him to have maybe performed in a backing group or something. His reply was... "I am him"

Turned out the gentleman in question was actually Dario G. Lovely chap, very down to earth. Talking about the classic "Carnival de Paris" tune, he reminded us his first hit was actually "Suncyhme" (The Chris Evans Monday 8:00am song" and continued to sit at his piano and play the opening bars.

Only other interesting history, was that my dad many years ago bought a second hand SAAB 900, that was orginally owned by Kate O'Mara

• Like 1