DBDlloyds

2004 Renault Clio Central Locking

Hi Guys,

I have just taken in a 2004 Renault Clio and the remote central locking doesn't work from the keys.... Is there a way to synchronize the keys.

If you sit in the car and press the button on the dash it locks the car.

Many thanks in advance,

Regards Dean.  

can you see light flashing in key when buttons pressed?

if not then its either a flat battery or more likely the microswitches have broked,very common it was too

look on utube for fitting correct battery /procedure,be careful cheese on these is the word

Hi S and B,

Yes both lights flash on the key fobs... I think they are not talking to the locking system...

Thanks anyway.

Cheapest option I found when we had a similar issue on a part ex to clear was having a non-remote cut for £25 and binning the button key.

That's right Mr OAP customer, less to go wrong.

Cheers Grant8064,

Neither of the keys work remotely and it dosen't have a manual key lock in the door ha ha,

A bit stuffed really. can't even lock it manually.

15 minutes ago, Dlloyds said:

Neither of the keys work remotely and it dosen't have a manual key lock in the door ha ha,

A bit stuffed really. can't even lock it manually.

I shouldn't laugh...

Have you tried looking up at the sky, shaking your fist and screaming 'wwwwwwhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!' yet?

(it doesn't work btw, i've tried many a time)

Not quite, just at the stage of sitting with my head in my hands as every car turns to poo at the moment ha ha.

Merry Christmas my arse.

1 hour ago, Dlloyds said:

can't even lock it manually.

why not ? has the n/s door lock froze due to little/non use ? soak it with wd

i think to synchronise the keys put key in ign till lights on [ oil/charge/etc] press remote 5 times, turn off and try .

didnt these used to get water in the sunroof / aerial? and dampen the receiver ? 

Our local auto electrician has a little gadget where you point the remote at it and tells you if it is sending a signal or not. If it is then it should just need re sinking to the car, if not your remotes are donalded:wacko:

Cheers, I have managed to free the n/s lock but only locks and unlocks the n/s door.... when you sit in the car and lock the car with the button on the dash it locks.

I will try your method of synchronization. The ones I tried last night I googled didn't work. 

I am not sure about the sunroof reciver and relatively new to the game. It does have a sunroof though...

Thanks for reply,

Regards Dean.

Cheers Beautiful south

I like a few cheapies to sell but even I wouldn't be putting much effort into a 13 year old Clio - the car's are shite & the greedy buyer won't be much different. It's only worth buttons and rather than faff for ages, if it looks like you'll be getting too involved just sell the heap of shit as it is. All them old Clios are fit for is the bottom dollar market.

On 13/12/2017 at 6:59 PM, Dlloyds said:

Not quite, just at the stage of sitting with my head in my hands as every car turns to poo at the moment ha ha.

Merry Christmas my arse.

weve all been there mate, i once had a yard full of "older" cars, no calls, no interest, thoughts of scrapping the lot monday morning, really down, saturday, 3 oclock, phone lit up, sold 6 in 2 hour, boy i had a good drink that night ;)

dont let the job drag you down !!!

hi ive done some homework on this and it appears its a body computer fault and swapping one out from the scrappies wont work unless you do the keys too etc as they are coded

on an 04 these clios were only done in certain colours and the earlier ones had a drivers door lock so it would be fairly easy to buy a door in same colour from a breaker if you have one and either make your key fit by filling the tumbler fingers down or maybe a local locksmith can do it or obviously get a key with the door

this way you can unlock the drivers door and lock it so customer will be happy, because no matter what the price of a car people can only pay what they can afford and so bhm's post is in my opinion unhelpful, so good luck whatever you choose

Yes, but you get what you pay for. If they can only afford something like a £300 car then obviously they should expect to buy a heap of shit. Quite frankly half of the buyers can’t afford tax or insurance anyway & should take public transport.

Running around fannying about with scrapyards, locksmiths etc. on a banger to get the locks working isn’t worthwhile. I guess it’s different opinions on the best use of your time but I’d just bomb it out as it is. It’s just a knackered old Clio & will always be just a knackered old Clio. You can’t polish a turd.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BHM said:

Yes, but you get what you pay for. If they can only afford something like a £300 car then obviously they should expect to buy a heap of shit. Quite frankly half of the buyers can’t afford tax or insurance anyway & should take public transport.

Running around fannying about with scrapyards, locksmiths etc. on a banger to get the locks working isn’t worthwhile. I guess it’s different opinions on the best use of your time but I’d just bomb it out as it is. It’s just a knackered old Clio & will always be just a knackered old Clio. You can’t polish a turd.

whilst i have no idea what the op values the car at i fail to see where your 300 nicker comes from, personally if it was a tidy car and had sensible mileage then the sticker price in my head is £595 or even £695 and it would be sorted too at this as obviously i would have taken it in in chop for a oner

getting back to you get what you pay for then im afraid you obviously come from a different age to me as i remember not having fuel for the fire in winter and playing find the meat in the stew 

and to add ive sold cars to ladies who do things like home help who are on minimum wage have no savings and someones pranged their car so if i could sell them a safe lockable clio for £300 i would and have but then thats me

24 minutes ago, s and b said:

whilst i have no idea what the op values the car at i fail to see where your 300 nicker comes from, personally if it was a tidy car and had sensible mileage then the sticker price in my head is £595 or even £695 and it would be sorted too at this as obviously i would have taken it in in chop for a oner

getting back to you get what you pay for then im afraid you obviously come from a different age to me as i remember not having fuel for the fire in winter and playing find the meat in the stew 

and to add ive sold cars to ladies who do things like home help who are on minimum wage have no savings and someones pranged their car so if i could sell them a safe lockable clio for £300 i would and have but then thats me

No fuel for the fire,no meat in the stew etc .....Sounds like the Monty Python 4 Yorkshiremen sketch....take a look ! ....................

.....No offence S and B

I had this on a clio once, press the internal lock button and hold it down until the immobiliser lights stays lit then press the remote it should pop the locks. if not either your keys are goosed or the body control module.