andymc1973

Someone's dropped a dime on my ass

So I have been renting 4 spaces from the publican in my local for the last 12 years, use it as an over spill when I'm full up, he gets a bit of cash in hand income with the added bonus of the pub looking busier than it is, everyone's happy, or so I thought, came in this morning to some untaxed vehicle stickers on the car windows, popped down to the local police station and they have no idea either where they have came from, no contact on the sticker and a type they aren't familiar with, the plot thickens, cars are showing as insured and mot'd and moved using trade plates, the police said they have no issue with what I'm doing as the car park is private, stay tuned

IMG_2860_zpsrxmhqknh.jpg

thanks

Andy

yes i had a google, people are very strange, all they had to do was have a word with me or the landlord

Officially would they need to be SORN'd? Just to stop you getting any penalties?

Busy bodies!

Ive got some parked on what says private land, how can I confirm it is private land? Its basically a car park for a block of flats? Is this an offence

Hmm not gated but says private parking for flats only?:unsure:  

At a guess you may be to blame for me having a not so good sunday dinner at a local pub that looked busy 

if they are legit you need to act fast

get the landlord to specify part of the car park that is for your use only and NOT for customers

a yellow line will suffice or chain

get landlord to put it in writing this is not public land on this designated to you space

put in the window of each car that these are on designated private property as assigned by the landlord

if you dont then they come back with clamps then the recovery truck, they are usually are contracted via dvla thus they need to look for business every day like leeches.its approx £250 per car to get them back and trade insurance isnt accepted ,after a battle they might waive these charges but its easier to keep the right side of the law

hth

Andy. If it is on the public highway it has to be taxed, if its on a business premises and declared as "in trade" there is no issue. What you have attracted, is a bored, good for nothing cretin of a looser who will make it entire life long goal to target the evil Motor Trader :) 

Be warned, these people have no morels..... BTW, I am sure the landlord will be able to find out who the moron is.......Lots of loose mouths in pubs, equally people like to be "in" with the landlord, they'll find out..... Someone who puts a sticker like that on your cars won't keep quiet about it.......They'll be bragging about it. 

14 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Andy. If it is on the public highway it has to be taxed, if its on a business premises and declared as "in trade" there is no issue. What you have attracted, is a bored, good for nothing cretin of a looser who will make it entire life long goal to target the evil Motor Trader :) 

Be warned, these people have no morels..... BTW, I am sure the landlord will be able to find out who the moron is.......Lots of loose mouths in pubs, equally people like to be "in" with the landlord, they'll find out..... Someone who puts a sticker like that on your cars won't keep quiet about it.......They'll be bragging about it. 

*loser ;)

I have moved them and then refilled with cars that are taxed, part ex's and a couple of the £20 a year jobbies, in the words of Liam 

jZOywn1qArII don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for car tax, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my Focus in dog cock red go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will SORN you.

(1) Its nothing to do with police.

(2) Seems these vehicles may have already been reported [see sticker]

(3) move em now ! 

an offence is committed on any land where the public has access, for example:

• Car parks or parking areas- includes stores, supermarkets, works, and council. Permission to store the vehicle there is irrelevant
  • Pub car parks- treated the same as a business car park- the keeper of the vehicle being a resident at the pub is irrelevant
  • they cannot enforce against untaxed vehicles on any land that is associated with a dwelling or land belonging to business premises of a motor trader or vehicle tester, so any grief and tell the landlord hes also a motor trader :ph34r:

It’ll be by someone jealous. Just ignore them cos one thing I can guarantee is they’ll have bought one packet of stickers & after that they won’t spend on any more.

Don’t mention it to anyone & don’t be mouthing off in the boozer cos that’s what they want.

Many months down the road they’ll possibly let slip to someone it was them. Oh yes, and it’ll be someone you know. Not a ‘friend’ but it’ll be someone you recognise.

2 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

(1) Its nothing to do with police.

(2) Seems these vehicles may have already been reported [see sticker]

(3) move em now ! 

an offence is committed on any land where the public has access, for example:

• Car parks or parking areas- includes stores, supermarkets, works, and council. Permission to store the vehicle there is irrelevant
  • Pub car parks- treated the same as a business car park- the keeper of the vehicle being a resident at the pub is irrelevant
  • they cannot enforce against untaxed vehicles on any land that is associated with a dwelling or land belonging to business premises of a motor trader or vehicle tester, so any grief and tell the landlord hes also a motor trader :ph34r:

Hi

ive got some that are on land that’s looked after by the leaseholder and they have signs saying parking for flats only does that mean I’m ok?

thanks 

Im curious if the notice is bought in? no contact details, no DVLA logo, why would the DVLA report me to the DVLA? are people really this sad?

3 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

Im curious if the notice is bought in? no contact details, no DVLA logo, why would the DVLA report me to the DVLA? are people really this sad?

Yes Andy people are really that sad, if the cars were not clamped, it definitely wasn't the DVLA.