Mat C

Looking for the impossible

55 minutes ago, Mat C said:

Its a beaut, BUT...... Beige Leather... I'm being super picky I know.... But I have sourced a Beautiful looking Sport on a 54 plate, but its 4 hours away..... 

I don't blame you, I'm also a fan of the 200 - but that colour interior doesn't look good. 

5 hours ago, Ocsltd said:

You're starting to sound like a typical customer!!! :P

Next you'll be moaning about the price!! :D

I'm starting to annoy myself now, i'm such a tosser!

I wan't a MINT 13 year old car with full history and in the right spec and right colour, low mileage......

I'll just ring the used car factory now sir....

23 minutes ago, kenji.autocom said:

are you willing to buy it straight from the auction? it will be from japan though. 

but what does split mint means? I was at lost, mint condition and 50% downpayment first? 

:lol::lol:

2 hours ago, kenji.autocom said:

are you willing to buy it straight from the auction? it will be from japan though. 

but what does split mint means? I was at lost, mint condition and 50% downpayment first? 

1 minute ago, tradex said:

'Split mint' is a new one on me too?

Must be the Midlander in me! Basically I want a new car thats 12 years old.

there are some stunners out there, but i'm prepared to wait for the right one!

7 hours ago, tradex said:

Does the term relate to anything in particular or has the meaning been lost in time...I like odd stuff like this?B)

I have no idea,  its just something thats always been banded around garages i've worked at. I'm sure my brother uses it all the time when describing a particulalrly beautiful car, particularly is its old. 

There are some daft motor trade sayings out there... Ducks on pond, Got some billys on, Flat as a witch's tit, dock cock red..... I should start a new topic......

I'm sure some of the ( older ) guys in here have loads of them..

4 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

Split mint is totally non fault able both bodywise, interior and mechanical !

oh and its dog cock red :lol:

My spelling, I was evidently high on some exhaust fumes, Dog Dick red is our usual, however I have heard Dog cock too!

2 minutes ago, Mat C said:

My spelling, I was evidently high on some exhaust fumes, Dog Dick red is our usual, however I have heard Dog cock too!

Or dog knob... 

I'd love a split mint DK red IS200 though

I went for the Landbeasts one in the end. 

Collected it yesterday, I can honestly say, what a pleasure it was dealing with them and the car is 'Split Mint' I had the biggest grin on my face driving it back up from London. If I could add a Picture here I would.0

On 22/11/2017 at 0:23 AM, DHill said:

Landbeasts have got one in, go onto their Facebook page. 

You should ask for a referral fee!

• Like 2

Haha yes I thought about a referral fee when I saw they've sold it to Mat @ SuperMini :D

I guess it was meant to be, I read this post, went on Facebook and it popped up on my newsfeed! 

It does look stunning in the photos. Enjoy it! 

2 minutes ago, twerp said:

I haven't done any due diligence for you but 05 Auto, 53k mile £1400

Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 11.21.09.jpg

He's already got one if you read the posts above......

Birmingham. It'll be a good 'un!!!! :lol:

Personally I wouldn't buy a f***ing bag of sweets from Birmingham.

We never attended auctions  in central Brum.We did do Walsall and Darlaston nearby,however we used to leave phone bids at an independent in  Brum and buy a few.So one evening,I thought I should show up at the sale and introduce myself.This was pre 9/11 but having attended auctions all over this island,this was by far the most multi cultural.Flowing long white robes I had seen before,but when some of the clientele are also wearing belts with full length swords attached,it was a bit off putting.We found Birmingham Car Auctions good to deal with but I never went back.Does anyone know if they are still on the same site and what it is like now.

55 minutes ago, trade vet said:

We never attended auctions  in central Brum.We did do Walsall and Darlaston nearby,however we used to leave phone bids at an independent in  Brum and buy a few.So one evening,I thought I should show up at the sale and introduce myself.This was pre 9/11 but having attended auctions all over this island,this was by far the most multi cultural.Flowing long white robes I had seen before,but when some of the clientele are also wearing belts with full length swords attached,it was a bit off putting.We found Birmingham Car Auctions good to deal with but I never went back.Does anyone know if they are still on the same site and what it is like now.

dammmmmmnnnnnnn i was in all those areas last week ,wish id gone to an auction now,i likes a challenge:lol:

18 hours ago, trade vet said:

We found Birmingham Car Auctions good to deal with but I never went back.Does anyone know if they are still on the same site and what it is like now.

Mostly scrap tat, occasional nearly new prestige snatchbacks are cheap