Sign in to follow this  
betginge

Billboard adverts, Talk To Me ?

Hi all

After much waiting and set backs we are now within spitting distance of opening our new pitch dealing in sub prime vehicles  in the next 14 days.  Now I do have a plan in regards to platform advertising, Facebook, Google adwords, SEO, Car Guru, Gumtree, Ebay (not AT thankfully) along with some other local advertising. Looking into the advertising I looked into a Billboard which is located in the middle of the town on a busy roundabout, Now its £389 for 2 weeks which does seem a lot however if it generated one sale on the margins we have its worth doing.

Has anyone used the billboard advertising before, How have you found it ? does it generate leads and interest or nothing but waste of money as some piss head on a Saturday night pulls the banner down wile on the way to the local kebab shop for a Donner with all the sauces. :wacko:

I would, and like you say if it sells one car its paid for itself

Edited by MrC

I've used billboards in another Retail industry and it worked well for us! However that was for something new to the market or new to that particular town/city, so not quite the same as a used car dealer... Like you say, if you sell one car from it, then it's paid for itself, and if nothing else it's planted some seeds in peoples heads that you exist and maybe, just maybe the next time they want a car they'll come to you!

I think it might just work for your new pitch in that area TBH - Thing is for the cost and potential exposure would you not be better off just spending the same targeting the demographic you need on facebook?

Might just help that visual boost combined with targeted facebook / other adverts / google etc 

2 weeks is not really that long though to measure any success isnt it. Hard work knowing where to spend the advertising budget.

I've tried various bill boars over the years, always difficult , Have one currently which was for the sales business up till about 6 months ago , now switched it to the service/tyre business- its on the main road parallel to where I am, many have commented to seeing it BUT How many have actually come from it is difficult to say.

On a foot note I have two other signs on street corners form where I am and they work very well ... :) 

My gut feeling says you'd be better spending that amount of money on FB. When your all set up, I reckon £30 a week for a whole quarter on FB could do some some serious damage. Just make sure your phone is fully charged!

I think it will have some impact for opening and would go well with the facebook page for look out for a sign etc. I do feel facebook is our main advertising platform ,we have a page for our old business with 8000 followers on, I intend to change that page to the new business and promote. Am sure we will loose some followers who will get annoyed by posts of cars on finance but am sure will gain aswell.

In the past we never used facebook paid adds, just the page and groups for advertising as it was free. I do intend to use paid  adds on facebook , Be interesting to hear what fellow traders are burning each week on that side and is it worth it ?

That's cheaper than 1 week in the local press, and far cheaper than on the radio. It's about reaching the public, and advertising your presence.

Some people will turn up weeks or months later as a result of it.

Facebook boosting adds is a cracking system, we do get the odd stupid comment but its a click of a button delete and block bang off you go keyboard warrior.

Thanks for the comments guys. Will let you know how we get on over the next few weeks with the opening.