Sign in to follow this  
MrC

What wrong with people.

Im in the market for a VW Transporter to do a Camper conversion, I did one last year had a right good do out of it and could have sold it many times over.

Last week I won one on ebay, only to get there and find the ABS light on, Speedo didn't work and neither did the fuel gauge. It had swivel seats in but bother rocked (Cheap bases) Heater control was also broken. None of this was mentioned!

I walked away

Today im In to talks with another guy with a nice van, 2005 with full Sportline kit 109k miles really good looking van.  I asked for the reg no.. **53*** !! Can you spot the issue

It was pretty much on the south coast and Im way up north, didnt fancy a day on the train only to find other stuff he's failed to mention.

He's either a complete numpty, or hiding something. Either way he's probably not someone you want to deal with.......

3 minutes ago, umesh said:

Is it a private plate ' _ _ 53 _ _ _ ? Just a thought ? 

No thats the reg, He sounded surprised when I said he had advertised it as a 2005 

2 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

He's either a complete numpty, or hiding something. Either way he's probably not someone you want to deal with.......

If he was local I would have gone for a look to make my own mind up. 

Became aware of a trader advertising vehicles on Autotrader BUT using a different but compatible reg number to create the car. This then hides the fact that the car he is selling is on the register as a CAT C or D.

Bloody 'AT' and that Cat D/C stuff is really annoying, especially in my neck of the woods. Is this a move by AT to make private buyers consider damaged repaired stuff in their searches now?

no its due to the fact that if they allow a filter people will advertise elsewhere and lose them money

Going to drag my sorry ass to BCA Belle View for the Van sale. Hopefully grab a bargain... Hmm BCA and Bargain! Theres two words you dont hear oftern

4 hours ago, Cornish Guy said:

Became aware of a trader advertising vehicles on Autotrader BUT using a different but compatible reg number to create the car. This then hides the fact that the car he is selling is on the register as a CAT C or D.

But why bother with such an elaborate deception when there's heaps of cat c/d stuff advertised on there anyway? Making good money too, by all accounts.

So as bad as the Auctions then... I can't count the amount of times I've been stung where the inspection and condition reports have described a perfect car and come collection I've found a myriad of faults not mentioned even on grade 1 stuff! And the Auction houses response...Well mate it's inspected from 1 metre away and it's up to you to re-evaluate it! Yeah like that works when you buy a car on-line from 250 miles away and either train it there, or have it delivered.

If this was any other retail situation they'd be liable especially with distance selling regulations!

Who are you dealing with?

Any auctions I have had stuff missed ie cosmetic defects on grade 1's I have spoken, sent pics and a quote and they have issued cheques without any massive fuss to be fair.
Manheim are very decent for this.

Surecheck on the other hand.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

So as bad as the Auctions then... I can't count the amount of times I've been stung where the inspection and condition reports have described a perfect car and come collection I've found a myriad of faults not mentioned even on grade 1 stuff! And the Auction houses response...Well mate it's inspected from 1 metre away and it's up to you to re-evaluate it! Yeah like that works when you buy a car on-line from 250 miles away and either train it there, or have it delivered.

If this was any other retail situation they'd be liable especially with distance selling regulations!

When it comes to remote buying I have to say I win far more than I lose, I'd guess most do if they are being honest. 

Rory, I had my doubts over surecheck but the two post sale issues I've had so far have been dealt with more than fairly. I do  question though who is doing these checks. Only last week I asked for a 'silver' car to be checked over as I had a buyer for it, only for the branch to come back to me and say it's ****** when the silver report gave it a clean bill of health.

fave one was a sliver check 36/37, the one thing that stopped the car getting 37/37? loud knock on engine listed on report

• Like 1