Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

JANUARY 2017 SALES

First proper day back since the New Year, and done a deal. Nice to scratch the pad again.... :)

Just now, TDB said:

First day back...three sold.

Alright, you win! (There's always one) ;):P

Been back since the 27th. Quiet first few days but done two Hyundai diesels and an old A class diesel...and they say diesels are dead!

Taken in a oh so nice old Fabia auto in chop and bought a couple off walk ins...starting to enjoy car sales again after Decembers boredom

Them old fabia's still command decent money in tidy condition. I've done well with old clean fabias, always will have a punt at one down the block. 

2 hours ago, grant8064 said:

Been back since the 27th. Quiet first few days but done two Hyundai diesels and an old A class diesel...and they say diesels are dead!

Taken in a oh so nice old Fabia auto in chop and bought a couple off walk ins...starting to enjoy car sales again after Decembers boredom

13 hours ago, betginge said:

Them old fabia's still command decent money in tidy condition. I've done well with old clean fabias, always will have a punt at one down the block. 

Hope we get to keep it. Got a call off the guy we took it in from and the A class he bought has apparently flashed up an EML on the way home...typically didn't do it on the four test drives i've been on in it!

26 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

Hope we get to keep it. Got a call off the guy we took it in from and the A class he bought has apparently flashed up an EML on the way home...typically didn't do it on the four test drives i've been on in it!

Isn't it always the way!! It's like these cars sense when the new owner is behind the wheel. I've had cars where I've driven a good couple of hundred miles in, nothing, then as soon as the new owner drives away, ping, on it comes!! :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Ocsltd said:

Isn't it always the way!! It's like these cars sense when the new owner is behind the wheel. I've had cars where I've driven a good couple of hundred miles in, nothing, then as soon as the new owner drives away, ping, on it comes!! :rolleyes:

I honestly thought it was just us that happened to. :unsure:

On 1/4/2017 at 10:41 AM, grant8064 said:

when it comes back get a decent reader on it that shows where and when it flashed up the code, it might be something as simple as a missed gearchange  or 2nd to 5th gear

Managed 3 in 2 days, relatively happy with that.

Got couple of issues with cars though that are worrying me. Don't want them to turn into money pits.

7 hours ago, grant8064 said:

Well that was a long day of abuse taking and threats! Turns out its blown the turbo...hence the EML. I'm no mechanic but surely the car should have given some warning it was gonna go with a lack of power or noise or something?

I'd done loads of test drives in it and not once had it skipped a beat but try explaining to the buyer that we're not really dodgy car salesmen and genuinely wouldn't have sold it if we had known...

One new turbo ordered, i'll collect it from his home on Friday and all being well it'll be back by Monday in fine fettle. All for £1995 :huh:

You've got to love email enquiries like this..... :rolleyes::D

Message Details: 

Name Paul Cowell

Enquiry Toyota Corolla

Message I'm currently in Bulgaria having medical treatment. I'll be due back in next few weeks. Last owned this particular model many years age but trust it implicitly. Is car still available? Would you keep it until I return? Is it as good as you state & believe? many thanks for a prompt reply. P L Cowell

Just done another one, customer was waiting when I arrived first this morning! Hope you all have a busy day and sell lot's....

Had a terrible start to Jan with nothing but issues with sold cars but finally turning the corner.

Helps that we've done one yesterday and one today...both 5k hatches on finance with another in the pipeline!

14 For the month - all sorts cheapies and more expensive stuff. Love selling cars cant beat the buzz of a busy day in the trade.

Managed to buy quite a bit this week at (what I consider to be) good money. :)

I'm on 4 after today but still feels a bit flat here as well! just took in part ex a Volvo x reg, soft top, 100k but quite clean, recent mot, wanted to get the deal done so allowed £500 (normally would have offered 250 but chap wanted 700) never had one of these before was hoping to just trade on and get my £500 back, are these good news?