Sign in to follow this  
Ocsltd

How do you respond to Autotrader part ex enquiry?

As above, how do you guys respond to an Autotrader part ex enquiry?

There's no additional text other than the details and the price of the car, so, do you ring them up? Email?

I'm always surprised that they don't follow up with a phone call, saying they are interested in 'x' car....

Are they just doing it for a laugh to see what their car is worth, or is it just Autotrader sending bogus emails?

Your thoughts?

I do wonder and I've mentioned this on various forums ! I always follow up these leads be it AT , Cargurus , motors etc etc .. but hardly ever, ever do any deals and as for response back - to emails, phone calls, voicemail's -once in a blue moon ! Like you i do wonder why they don't simply call IF they are genuinely interested in buying / dealing on the car car you have?? ' A great mystery' !

If you don't respond to them professionally the I guess you don't stand a chance anyway ! 

5 minutes ago, umesh said:

I do wonder and I've mentioned this on various forums ! I always follow up these leads be it AT , Cargurus , motors etc etc .. but hardly ever, ever do any deals and as for response back - to emails, phone calls, voicemail's -once in a blue moon ! Like you i do wonder why they don't simply call IF they are genuinely interested in buying / dealing on the car car you have?? ' A great mystery' !

If you don't respond to them professionally the I guess you don't stand a chance anyway ! 

Thanks for the reply. I have emailed back, out of courtesy, but don't expect to hear back, is a bit odd.....

Got my first ever reply from one of these yesterday!!! 

As Umesh said. Polite speedy response does no harm  

i call, text and email each and every one  

2 minutes ago, Mat C said:

Got my first ever reply from one of these yesterday!!! 

As Umesh said. Polite speedy response does no harm  

i call, text and email each and every one  

How do you generally find the response, when you ring them? Are they surprised to hear from you? Do they even answer? perhaps I'm just too sceptical / bitter..... :lol:

2 hours ago, Ocsltd said:

How do you generally find the response, when you ring them? Are they surprised to hear from you? Do they even answer? perhaps I'm just too sceptical / bitter..... :lol:

9/10 never answer

Not enough for my px is usually the answer from the ones that do - and yes they are suprised to hear from you. i'm guessing they use AT as a pricing tool for their PX and then crap their pants when the get bid in the cahones for it, similar to WBAC I imagine.

Shock horror, but I actually dealt a AT part ex last week and for car I would have given more money for as well, a nice little Mini. Double shock horror, the Mini which has now been sold required little prep because everything worked and triple shock horror, hasn't come back under warranty, yet. Sorry Mat:P

1 hour ago, sparky said:

Shock horror, but I actually dealt a AT part ex last week and for car I would have given more money for as well, a nice little Mini. Double shock horror, the Mini which has now been sold required little prep because everything worked and triple shock horror, hasn't come back under warranty, yet. Sorry Mat:P

Ha ha, Love it, 

You'll be 5 deep in Mini's now you've had a minter!! :D

I do my very best to respond to all enquiries. Directly off PX tool we have sold a very small amount given the amount of daft enquiries it gets and even being fully upbeat, positive and having had a coffee you cant help but groan when another comes through.

Out of every form of contact we get this has the worst rate of conversion you could ever imagine.

Worst product introduced at the worst possible time in a deal - If someone called you or came to see you you would be getting them a little bit hot and bothered for your car before giving indications between X and X for a part ex.

You would not ask them for their reg number and mileage and then give them a px figure you would at least have a look and drive of the damn thing and then have an educated go at it.

It should be shelved. 

We seem to get a lot of these enqs, via gumtree, and as already mentioned if you dont follow them up dont see the point in even opening the email in the first place, I choose to ring the person if the number is supplied and often get told many thanks for making the effort to get back to me not many dealers do. 

So for us it is a must to follow every single lead no matter where it comes from never done us any harm.

I've not used the AT PX feature but I always say that every customer is an education.

I've sold cars from Instagram and Facebook posts !

Then other times, you can get 3 calls from the same guy, an appointment and then nothing !

I agree with justina3 you should never pre judge email enquiries just because the previous one was a terry osser. Respond to them all you never know what may come of it