Mat C

Annoyances

I love this job, I actually cant wait to come to work every day.

However, there are a few things that really get my goat...

1. BCA Staples 

2. BCA Pritt Stikk all over the front windscreen on the INSIDE right where you cant reach it

3. Hair grips - I must find 20 of these in each car I clean

Just wondered what everyone else's gripes were!

( You can tell i've had a quiet day! )

10 minutes ago, Mat C said:

I love this job, I actually cant wait to come to work every day.

However, there are a few things that really get my goat...

1. BCA Staples 

2. BCA Pritt Stikk all over the front windscreen on the INSIDE right where you cant reach it

3. Hair grips - I must find 20 of these in each car I clean

Just wondered what everyone else's gripes were!

( You can tell i've had a quiet day! )

:lol: I'm with you on the first two!!! Those staples are ridiculous!! Also the amount of shit you have to scrape off the windscreen gets tedious!!

1.) BCA Transport making the delivery charges up as they go along, then have no idea when a car will be with you. (They really are useless)

2.) Customers who tell you how wonderful your car is, they've fallen in love with it, but they need to bring their "mechanic" father in law to check it over, even thought it's clearly mint, only done 11k miles and has more main dealer services than the customer had, had hot dinners! Very odd!! (Happened today!)

3.) Lollipop sticks welded to the inner door pocket!

4.) Stupid stickers / badges that are difficult to remove!

5.) Customers

I really could go on.......

• Like 1

When a punter is on the way to see a car and the airbag light decides to stay on!

• Like 2

I Think We All Need To Start Getting Tough With These Customers 

• Like 2

Customers who don't want to pay main dealer prices but want main dealer warranties and a book of main dealer stamps with mother Theresa as the first owner.

• Like 2

Punters that think having an MOT every year is the same as having a service!

• Like 4

also.....

Why doesn't autotrader allow punters to filter out all that 'Cat C' junk in the search options?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, metcars said:

Punters that think having an MOT every year is the same as having a service!

Tbf ive dealt with dealers that seem to think the same!

I also hate.

The little orange engine light 'just' came on - on the way here ..... honest, but it just needs switching off...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mat C said:

I also hate.

The little orange engine light 'just' came on - on the way here ..... honest, but it just needs switching off...

Snap!

Only the other week on an Avensis I was taking in chop.

Checked MOT history...had been on for three months, as expected. Plug in our cheapo ebay code reader and cylinder four is dead as a dodo which made sense of the horrible misfire.

Re-priced accordingly.

Best £19.99 we ever spent!

We had that on a civic type r, however the owner put a deposit on our car and then had the type r fixed at his expense. I should have bought the car for me, 138k with a full Honda history, front end just painted and 4 brand new Bridgestone tyres it sold in less than 24 hours 

took a fiesta st with a small scratch in px yesterday, ....... I'll try and post the picture when I get around the file size thingy

The thing that constantly annoys me, is how every customer assumes you will knock money off the price, like it's a given!

Don't get me wrong, I know everyone wants to feel like they've had a bit of a deal, but sometimes, when a car is perfect, you've just serviced and mot'd it, it's got 2 keys etc, but they still want something knocked off...

I've even had it where someone has said, "but you've got to knock something off!" Have I?! Really?! I usually reply with, why? 

Really does boil my blood sometimes.....

Edited by Ocsltd

1 hour ago, Ocsltd said:

The thing that constantly annoys me, is how every customer assumes you will knock money off the price, like it's a given!

Don't get me wrong, I know everyone wants to feel like they've had a bit of a deal, but sometimes, when a car is perfect, you've just serviced and mot'd it, it's got 2 keys etc, but they still want something knocked off...

I've even had it where someone has said, "but you've got to knock something off!" Have I?! Really?! I usually reply with, why? 

Best reply I've heard is "If I'd wanted less I'd have advertised it for less":D

Ford Bonnet locks.

Cold calls.

Running out of coffee on a monday morning.

Having to ring the DVLA.

Always being low on number '4's with my price signs. Even the '7's I've converted to '4's seem to vanish.

This could be a long thread.....

When customers start your car and rev the absolute b*ll*cks from cold, does my nut in, what are they trying to achieve?

Oh and then they walk off?

• Like 1

WEASLES!

Edited by TD
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, justina3 said:

Customers so called logic 

White dog hair

Definitely with you on the White dog hair - Almost like its been embroided into the seats/carpets.

Another one for me is Orange makeup on door handles, indicator stalks, sunvisor mirror covers etc.... Mini's are the WORST for makeup goop everywhere. 

however I did have an audi the other month with lipstick trodden all into the passenger footwell ( underneath the wilko's special £3.99 Mats ) That took hours to get out.

Worn steering wheels and...

FLAT BATTERIES when you need to test drive something you haven't opened the door on in weeks! Why is it always that ONE car!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

Worn steering wheels and...

FLAT BATTERIES when you need to test drive something you haven't opened the door on in weeks! Why is it always that ONE car!!!

Ha, so true about the flat battery!! Usually when it's heavy rain as well so you get soaked jump starting it!!

On 10/16/2016 at 8:05 PM, Ocsltd said:

I find that when they've got to the point that they are ready to buy they make a funny noise, look into the distance and say "Now let's discuss the price ...". To this I always respond "This will be a very short conversation I'm afraid, there is no offers on this car" then sell them the benefits (fresh service, warranty etc)

Normally gets the job done, if they really love the car they just deal or look horrified and say "not even £50?!!" and then deal :D

Question "what's your best price"

Answer "the highest price"

Question "will you accept an offer"

Answer "offers above the asking price"

:D

Another - 

Warning messages on BCA Assured 

Engine running 'requires some attention' in amber - WHAT THE F DOES IT ACTUALLY MEAN!