Sign in to follow this  
samuel welwyn

Slow month?

Hi all,

Hope you are all well.

Been very slow this May, anyone experiencing the same?

Random other questions. Are red cars hard to sell?

TIA

41 minutes ago, samuel welwyn said:

Hi all,

Hope you are all well.

TIA

slow is an understatement

red always difficult, reason being in the distant past they always faded and this theory still stands in the minds of many 

5 hours ago, It's me said:

slow is an understatement

red always difficult, reason being in the distant past they always faded and this theory still stands in the minds of many 

That’s right but what I remember is you can always shift nice stock if it is priced right no matter what colour it is.Never mind bright red or DC as we used to call it,what about some of the trendy colours today that appear similar to public toilet brick light blue on various Porsche models and also urine gold used by several manufacturers.You couldn’t replicate those in Tekaloid ( that’s a distant past joke ! ) when a full shoot was £55 ……..no kidding.

20 hours ago, trade vet said:

That’s right but what I remember is you can always shift nice stock if it is priced right no matter what colour it is.Never mind bright red or DC as we used to call it,what about some of the trendy colours today that appear similar to public toilet brick light blue on various Porsche models and also urine gold used by several manufacturers.You couldn’t replicate those in Tekaloid ( that’s a distant past joke ! ) when a full shoot was £55 ……..no kidding.

it's the greys that get me, I used to ask people when they were taking them back for the top coat to be added

not used tekaloid but we used to use sadolin with white spirit boil the paint bang it in the gun and shoot, if you didn't get any snots the finish was superb

used to roller mk2 transits

young uns of today don't believe:D

I once rollered a mk 2 granny

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2023 at 3:10 PM, samuel welwyn said:

Hi all,

Hope you are all well.

TIA

There is some ‘customer resistance’ to red. I remember a punters wife once saying “I’m not driving around in a fooking fire engine!” :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, metcars said:

There is some ‘customer resistance’ to red. I remember a punters wife once saying “I’m not driving around in a fooking fire engine!” :lol:

yes I had a lady yesterday refusing to get in a green car, she called it a big bogey:(:D

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, It's me said:

yes I had a lady yesterday refusing to get in a green car, she called it a big bogey:(:D

It reminds me of the Ford Dealer in rural Northumberland where we would buy swappers in the distant past.I was waiting to see the sales manager who was showing some new car to a typical farmer and his wife. She said she didn’t like the colour and the sales manager who also looked like a farmer replied ‘ I wouldn’t worry about the colour pet,when it’s covered in shit you won’t notice ‘ .She said ‘ you’re right we will have it ‘.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2023 at 3:10 PM, samuel welwyn said:

Hi all,

Hope you are all well.

TIA

Two bank holidays on the back of Easter peoples heads and wallets are in another place, relax and mint your stock it will come back. As for red if it's mega cheap at wholesale price, take a punt. Polish it within an inch of it's life and you may get a result. Works for us particularly sub 5k retail money :)

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, TRADE SURVIVOR said:

Two bank holidays on the back of Easter peoples heads and wallets are in another place, relax and mint your stock it will come back. As for red if it's mega cheap at wholesale price, take a punt. Polish it within an inch of it's life and you may get a result. Works for us particularly sub 5k retail money :)

I put chrome number plate surrounds on them often just to give them a bit of magpie bling,surprising how  dog nob red can sell if its priced right:D

Finding it slow as well. 

Have been made redundant and upped my stock levels as well. Getting good viewings but not enough enquiries coming through the phone or email. Have some good reviews on autotrader as well. 

I am looking for a site but it's so hard to find. Any advise.. I need space for around ten cars. 

2 hours ago, slademotors said:

.  I am looking for a site but it's so hard to find. Any advise.. I need space for around ten cars. 

Make sure the site you pick can be found via Google maps and satnav

Remember walk ons are basically much lower these days and I find are usually older generation who aren't tech savvy

You need to check that you can put 10 cars where you want them and not have objections and parking problems, if using an industrial type site be sure to do your homework in relation to other tenants parking noise rubbish and the lease might include full repair, and on leaving a full repaint, so it might be worth considering going Ltd just in case it all goes pear

June is always quiet

So is july

So is august

Best to just stay in lanzerote these 3 months and have another beer

• Thanks 1

Slow this month for us too. Got cheap prices on too and getting really good views but just tyre kickers turning up. How’s everyone else doing up north? 

Edited by TM1989

14 hours ago, TM1989 said:

Slow this month for us too. Got cheap prices on too and getting really good views but just tyre kickers turning up. How’s everyone else doing up north? 

The tide is out…….Even the liars are quiet.

• Haha 1