Sign in to follow this  
Rory RSC

Venting

Someone called Nathan phoned yesterday and enquired about a car we had advertised. A nice 1 series good price, good condition. Mentioned he had once been in the trade.

Had a px and asked for a ball park figure, I asked how much he was looking for. 100k 07 A3 S Line. N4WMS Booked around 3800 clean. Retail £5395. Chap wanted £5500 and not a penny less. 

I said I would be unable to offer that kind of money for the car. Chap then said if he was a cash buyer what price would he get the 1 series for because he sure as hell wouldnt be paying the screen price. I politely explained the car was getting a lot of interest and I was unwilling to drop the price.

30 mins later a review pops up on google by author Nathan Sutton stating 'Patronizing sales staff, car not as described and awful after sales service'. I am sat thinking I have no record of any customer called Nathan Sutton so off I search. Still no customer. I have no ongoing complaints or issues with any customers full stop. 

So because a grown male adult didnt get his own way he left a false poor report on my business and I cant do anything about it. 

Basically I just wanted to moan because I am still annoyed about it today! 

I had one on facebook last week do the same thing, sign of the electronic times we all now live in sadly

It's crazy

why can't they see we are saving them time by being honest and up front with the pricing? 

Would he rather you lie and say you can give him those figures then tell him no when he turns up? 

Edited by SC Derby

Get in touch with the review site and get them to take it off , we had this a while back , some one bought a car from a site down the road from us , thier customer had problems with it and left us a bad review... Twat

Given he wanted retail for the px and trade for you 1 series it sounds more like wasn't in the trade but was just the normal customer 

2 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

So because a grown male adult didnt get his own way he left a false poor report on my business and I cant do anything about it. 

You can report it by clicking the little  flag next to it. 

does the review site not offer a right to reply Rory? its gutting I know I've had a few and no doubt you'll get more in future, its a question of numbers you'll always get one numpty and you cant please everyone. suggest you do a push on asking satisfied customers to post good reviews to outweigh the bad one, anyway one bad review makes the others look more credible so don't worry too much mate

I have replied stating the facts as best as possible. Its not made much difference and will give me a kick up the backside to get more people reviewing.

I don't even mind a bad review if we have failed or let a customer down but touch wood we usually do resolve things before that type of thing happens. 

Nice to have somewhere to sound off anyway, onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2016 at 8:42 AM, Rory RSC said:

Someone called Nathan phoned yesterday and enquired about a car we had advertised. A nice 1 series good price, good condition. Mentioned he had once been in the trade.

Had a px and asked for a ball park figure, I asked how much he was looking for. 100k 07 A3 S Line. N4WMS Booked around 3800 clean. Retail £5395. Chap wanted £5500 and not a penny less. 

I said I would be unable to offer that kind of money for the car. Chap then said if he was a cash buyer what price would he get the 1 series for because he sure as hell wouldnt be paying the screen price. I politely explained the car was getting a lot of interest and I was unwilling to drop the price.

30 mins later a review pops up on google by author Nathan Sutton stating 'Patronizing sales staff, car not as described and awful after sales service'. I am sat thinking I have no record of any customer called Nathan Sutton so off I search. Still no customer. I have no ongoing complaints or issues with any customers full stop. 

Basically I just wanted to moan because I am still annoyed about it today! 

You have every right to vent because that is totally out of order. I hope you sell the car PDQ and give a cyber two fingered salute to the weasel.

Trying to spin that into a positive, at least you don't have him as a customer,  a friend, family member, lover etc etc.

I just had a look at your reviews and I wouldn't worry. All the other five star reviews are so clearly genuine and his doesn't come across as a real review, plus his is filtered to the bottom for me (might be different for other viewers though).

From a customer perspective I tend to disbelieve bad reviews that don't give detail. If someone has had a genuinely bad experience they'll vent exactly what happened! 

• Like 2