Wood235

Manheim assured is gone, replaced by Mickey Mouse car sales type warranty!

Manheim  have now third partied their 'manheim assured' cover away to an independent warranty company. Looking through the guide book and after a recent phone call to the company leads me to believe that this is a similar warranty to the Mickey Mouse style warranties that cover virtually nothing!   

Ok, the warranty they add on is only £20 to £25 depending on your spending with the auction annually but it's the extra money the car makes at the rostrum because of the 'being lured into false security' which can make the car push up another £500 !!

Where we would be covered if for example if the car crunched in 2nd gear, it is now a static check done prior to auction of engaging and take up on 1st and reverse.

The usual thing with warranties is now going to apply....... Age & mileage consideration.......wear & tear not covered....blah......blah.....blah......

just another example of another hazard for us and to squeeze our margins & make things more difficult for us!

Dont they think that once this gets out to all the dealers over the country it will hit there on line sales as you no longer have any faith in there "assured quality " ? 

brave move 

• Like 2

Exactly justina3 ! 

I normally only buy automatics that are assured..... That's blown that as they will worm out of most problems!

If a dealer warranty didn't cover a fault on a car sold by a dealer then the dealer can still be liable under the SOG act,

Different story if it's sold by auction.

Funny thing is that manheim say its better peace of mind for the buyer.........what a load of ole cr@p!!!

Completely agree with you on this one Wood. Their bronze check is laughable. 

• Like 1

Yes, basically bronze covers nothing!

just adds to our risk of auction buying!

20 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Completely agree with you on this one Wood. Their bronze check is laughable. 

It is indeed, the silver one is not much better as many major issues are still not covered so basically, all we are left with is gold if you want the same level of cover as you would get from BCA.

This on the back of increased fees and a farcical website makeover just pushes more of by business to BCA.

The warranty is now done via autoprotect I think isnt it?

Clutches despite any checks done on them will now be deemed to be a wear and tear item.  

no good moaning about it you have to vote with your feet.  They will keep milking their customers until the customers start going elsewhere and it hits their bottom line. 

bronze/silver.. not even worth the effort as it covers sweet FA. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sparky said:

It is indeed, the silver one is not much better as many major issues are still not covered so basically, all we are left with is gold if you want the same level of cover as you would get from BCA.

This on the back of increased fees and a farcical website makeover just pushes more of by business to BCA.

BCA is the way to go manheim is rubbish! 

• Like 1

Do you not have any local auctions ? we are quite lucky here as we have a very good auction house and local to me within 15miles good range of stock and fees are no where near the big houses

Interestingly, bought a car from Manheim online this week. First time I've used them under our own steam, as we used to share our auction buying with another local dealer to keep costs down. Anyway, I'm stunned* at the level of charges they just impose. Buyers fees - massive, SureCheck - £40. The car is under manufacturer's warranty, so we won't need it, but I've got to have it. Online fee - £45 for the privilege of using their website! None of it negotiable and most of it charged to the seller as well as me, but it will reduce if I buy more.

Ain't gonna happen. Congratulations, Manheim. Your sharp practices and greed know no bounds and so a customer disappears into the sunset. Still, you won that one, so good for you!

Time for an OFT investigation, in my view, for them and the other lot; this overcharging has to stop.

*Not stunned

Same as BCA any excuse to charge for something they will. Once the vendor put's the car in it should be them paying for it and that's it, not the vendor and the buyer. Still  we just have to suck it up. I do offer to buy cars from the public and have had good success out of it and got some really good buys. but it's not enough. 

MANHEIM PRICE PROMISE!

"Price promise. We undertake to be the best value, that's why we publish all our prices"

^_^

I thought it was a great idea at first, then when an ecu problem cropped up on a silver check it eventually got sorted so I didn't think it was too bad even though I had to go through hoops to get sorted, then I had a bronze check gearbox bearing problem, complete waste of time, they said the bearings aren't covered. My argument is if they had gave me a refund, I would have only went and spent my cash at the next auction. Surely getting a warranty should be out of choice, ok if you decide to buy online you are making that choice but if you are buying a car from Manheim and it seems 80% of the cars have surecheck then you have to pay, it's like going for a meal and then at the end the meal a £20 add on has been given for the chef making sure your fish has no bones.

• Like 1