Sign in to follow this  
Rory RSC

Great start to a week....

Turn up at work this morning after a couple of days off. Someone has stolen the front bumper off an Astra VXR we have. CCTV shows nothing. Car was parked just out of view.

Peace and tranquility out of the window I am fuming!!!!!  I have a deposit on the car with a customer coming to collect tomorrow morning.

1 hour ago, RS Car Sales said:

Turn up at work this morning after a couple of days off. Someone has stolen the front bumper off an Astra VXR we have. CCTV shows nothing. Car was parked just out of view.

Peace and tranquility out of the window I am fuming!!!!!  I have a deposit on the car with a customer coming to collect tomorrow morning.

Feel for you mate. Hope you manage to keep the deal.

• Like 1

It is bad when you lose out when trying to make a living because someone else is light fingered. May be we should start to cut the hands off those that steal. It might work as a deterrent.

That is one point I do miss about the USA is that you can shoot robbers as long as you catch them with the items in their hands on your property.

I hope you find a solution to your problem as you have not just lost the bumper and have to cover replacement costs and labour but also the potential to lose a sale as well which is a double whammy!

Hope it all works out for you on a good note.

• Like 1

scum. I'm sure the customer will understand. Have you checked Ebay to see if it's for sale on there? Good luck with it

Absolute arses......feel for you.........it's the 2nd time in a few weeks I've head of a bumper going missing, the other was off a Mondeo?

1 hour ago, Velicular said:

That is one point I do miss about the USA is that you can shoot robbers as long as you catch them with the items in their hands on your property.

You would actually shoot someone if you caught them stealing from you? What happened to just calling the Police? 

2 hours ago, Velicular said:

The USA, that crime free country with such a low rate of gun crime. I always wonder just how they manage to live such peaceful lives over the pond. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jamslug said:

You would actually shoot someone if you caught them stealing from you? What happened to just calling the Police? 

Well many years ago I had a 14,000 sq ft ware house in Exeter. We kept being broken into despite alarm systems etc. So I stayed there several nights and eventually we caught the people breaking in. I called the police and they were arrested. They were taken to crown court and the person who was with me and my self were requested to give evidence. I said that the thief's arrived at 3.20am and the other person said that they arrived at 3.25am. The judge dismissed the case because our times were different.

Out side the court I was talking to the detective about the case and one of the guys who had tried to break in walked over and said in front of the detective. "Well me and my mates will be back and we will put you out of business for this"

Amazing the breakings went up and I could do nothing about it. I closed the business laying off 20 staff.

I lost a good friend many years ago because his home was broken into and they beat him up in front of his wife and children after raping his wife multiple times. The people who do these crimes are not normal members of society. Should you not have the right to protect your family and belongings.

Do you think that these people should just be allowed to steal from honest hard working people and get a tap on the wrist?  As for calling the police they are not interested any more because they are too under manned. We need to place bobby's back on the beat and lots of them. Do you not think you should be allowed to protect your own property?

Would I shoot them? Yes I would. I believe in the right to protect yourself your family and your property. If someone gets into your house in the middle of the night through a window or what ever other opening they use and you or a family member did not invite them in then they are not there for a social visit.

21 minutes ago, Gavin@Rousdon said:

The USA, that crime free country with such a low rate of gun crime. I always wonder just how they manage to live such peaceful lives over the pond. 

I know gun laws are very different there and I had to learn very quickly about why you would want a gun at all. The idea is that if all the nice people gave up their guns and never owned another the bad guys would still have them. Even in our wonderful country England, the bad guys always get guns. It is not the nice person who is being robbed that has the gun but the person doing the robbing.

I lived in the US for 15 years and crime with guns is not as high as people are lead to believe. There is a lot of shootings between rival gangs and I think they should let them shoot each other and arrest who is left at the end personally.

Interestingly enough is the fact tat per capita more people are injured via knifes in the UK than people are shot in the USA. I would like to quote the source of this statement but it is another website and I do not know if you can post other URL's in a post.

"Well, the 2010 stats apparently report 130,000 knife attacks in the UK during that year (an approximation, but all of these stats are). Looking at the Bureau of Justice Statistics Criminal Victimization report for the same year, approximately 337,960 gun attacks (I am presuming that both numbers include rapes/sexual assaults, robberies, and simple assaults, which appears to be the case at first glance). As the population of the UK is listed as approximately 62,641,000 and the USA is 311,591,517, we get approximately .0021 knife attacks per capita in the UK and .0011 knife attacks per capita in the USA. Assuming the veracity of all these numbers, then it would be true to say that there are more knife attacks per capita in the UK than gun attacks in the US."

There is a saying guns don't kill people, people kill people.

I have just broken one of my sacred laws, never to discuses politics and religion. My view may jive with a few of you out there while it offends others. It is not my intention to offend anyone and I deeply apologise to any one who takes offence at my post.

42 minutes ago, Velicular said:

There is a saying guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Yeah, but I believe it's usually people with guns that kill people.

Let's face it, the world is going to sh*t in a handcart and the silent majority (ie law-abiding, tax-paying, hard-working, normal people) are basically irrelevant. It ain't getting better any time soon.

On a cheerier note, sold 2 today!!:D

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, GreenGiant said:

Yeah, but I believe it's usually people with guns that kill people.

Let's face it, the world is going to sh*t in a handcart and the silent majority (ie law-abiding, tax-paying, hard-working, normal people) are basically irrelevant. It ain't getting better any time soon.

On a cheerier note, sold 2 today!!:D

Yes you are very right.

It is fantastic you had 2 sales today and I hope that RS Car Sales has the best month ever to make up for the idiot that stole the bumper.

Took a bumper off an blue one I have in stock and repainted it red. 

Bodyshop managed to fit it in and are staying late. 

Much easier finding a new bumper in blue. 

There seems to be a lot of it about, a couple of other forums I visit have had side skirts and bumpers stolen from fiesta st's

The side skirts appear to be on the fiesta st. A couple of screws then rip them off.