Okay dokay

Claims procedure "BCA Assured"

Well it's happened, had to eventually, buy a lot of cars via BCA online, had it delivered and the convertible roof doesn't work, infact it was delivered stuck open! With not so much as a courtesy call to advise this before hand so I could arrange shelter for it!

BCA assured report shows as "ok" and it went under the hammer with no faults.

Mechanic has diagnosed roof motor. 

Whats the best course of action? Anyone been in this situation or similar?

9 hours ago, Okay dokay said:

Well it's happened, had to eventually, buy a lot of cars via BCA online, had it delivered and the convertible roof doesn't work, infact it was delivered stuck open! With not so much as a courtesy call to advise this before hand so I could arrange shelter for it!

BCA assured report shows as "ok" and it went under the hammer with no faults.

Mechanic has diagnosed roof motor. 

Whats the best course of action? Anyone been in this situation or similar?

Sorry I can't help, but like you I buy a lot of cars via BCA online so I'll be interested to know how you get on. Good luck.

you have to speak to the online team at Measham, they will then normally ask you to take it too one of their approved garages for inspection and try and work something out. If the repair is less than £150 they normally just give you authorisation without an inspection. To qualify for the above you must of used their transport to deliver it to you, marked the fault on the delivery notes and reported it within 24 hours of delivery. In the past I've found them to be reasonable as long as it's not going to cost them a fortune to fix otherwise they'll probably refund you and put it back through the block without a condition report and let some other poor bugger have it dropped on their toes. Good luck

19 minutes ago, Phil H said:

you have to speak to the online team at Measham, they will then normally ask you to take it too one of their approved garages for inspection and try and work something out. If the repair is less than £150 they normally just give you authorisation without an inspection. To qualify for the above you must of used their transport to deliver it to you, marked the fault on the delivery notes and reported it within 24 hours of delivery. In the past I've found them to be reasonable as long as it's not going to cost them a fortune to fix otherwise they'll probably refund you and put it back through the block without a condition report and let some other poor bugger have it dropped on their toes. Good luck

And if you don't use BCA transport?

I think you have either 24 or 48 hours from time of sale to make a claim. Not exactly sure on the time scale as I always pay the greedy buggers that little bit more for them to deliver just to give me that little extra breathing space to report any issues.

Put claim in Thursday, nothing yet back but they have made a point of asking who transported the vehicle.

I feel like they will try and wriggle out of it even though the staff at Blackbushe told my driver the roof had developed a fault post sale and they put it in a shed with roof stuck open.

any advice on how to take matters further?

Or shall I just get my card company to recover funds under section 76.

21 hours ago, Okay dokay said:

I feel like they will try and wriggle out of it even though the staff at Blackbushe told my driver the roof had developed a fault post sale and they put it in a shed with roof stuck open.

IMHO that's their get out clause post sale, so it was alright when they sold it. was the roof up or down as it went through the ring? Did you get anything in writing from blackbushe about the fault or just verbal. Why don't you ask lawgistics their advice.

I may have to take everything that I've said good about BCA back. Today I took delivery of an Alfa GT bought online from Nottingham. I though it was strange it didn't get delivered with the other 2 I'd bought which arrived yesterday but this morning it turned up on the back of a recovery truck and had to be winched off. No clutch, won't drive, won't move an inch and to make its worse it's a diesel with dual mast fly wheel so a £600-£700 repair. Non to happy I phoned and spoke to the operations director who basically said it was my tough look as its sold as seen which I understand nornally but to me this should have been sold as a non-runner because they must have limped it through the hall on the last legs of the clutch. It was bought online and most auctions the auctioneer will declare if there's any obvious faults but they didn't in this occasion and BCA delivered it. All he offered to do was watch the video back. 

Could you not take them to the small claims court ? At the end of the day the car is not as described and regardless of it being a trader or private customer it's been misold

12 hours ago, James Bush said:

I may have to take everything that I've said good about BCA back. Today I took delivery of an Alfa GT bought online from Nottingham. I though it was strange it didn't get delivered with the other 2 I'd bought which arrived yesterday but this morning it turned up on the back of a recovery truck and had to be winched off. No clutch, won't drive, won't move an inch and to make its worse it's a diesel with dual mast fly wheel so a £600-£700 repair. Non to happy I phoned and spoke to the operations director who basically said it was my tough look as its sold as seen which I understand nornally but to me this should have been sold as a non-runner because they must have limped it through the hall on the last legs of the clutch. It was bought online and most auctions the auctioneer will declare if there's any obvious faults but they didn't in this occasion and BCA delivered it. All he offered to do was watch the video back. 

I made the same mistake buying from Bridgewater last year. Bought a non assured car that I know, feeling pretty secure to any obvious faults as BCA in particular tend to point them out, or at least that's what I thought. Unless the auctioneer was deaf then I have to say, like you, I got stitched up. Same thing happened at Manheim Knottingly last year. It won't be happening this year as now I only search 'assured' cars which does tend to limit what you can buy, especially with Manheim. I look forward to the day when these auctions go quiet and they get on the phone touting for business.

Whatever happened to BCA's 'Bethany' who used to come on here?

20 minutes ago, RS Car Sales said:

wasn't she autotrader ?

I was trying to be facetious, if that's how you spell it:)

Well no reply from the centre's operations director so a quick search online and I've found several email address for mangers/directors so I've sent an email to them all this morning and if nothing else comes of it I'll just keep blocking up their inboxes until I get a response. I've asked for them to send me a copy of the auction video as my technicians think its impossible for the car to be driven through.

contact bca's press officer I think he's called Tim Naylor you'll find it in bca's website and tell him about all of the negative publicity you'll put his way unless they do the honourable thing

I've bought cars with clutches that have gone. Online. Driven through. Happened on an Audi S3 which looked clean and tidy and was . Bar the modifications that were not listed. And the fact it had a stage 2/3 clutch kit fitted  with solid flywheel conversion. 

Chalked it down to experience. 

You save time buying online but you do end up losing out sometimes. It's a volume game. 

Well BCA have called this morning and agreed with my points raised with them. They've offered to take the car back but the rest of the car is a nice clean thing so we've entered negotiations on a bit of good will. My faith have been restored.........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James Bush said:

Well BCA have called this morning and agreed with my points raised with them. They've offered to take the car back but the rest of the car is a nice clean thing so we've entered negotiations on a bit of good will. My faith have been restored.........

Excellent result.

well done bca at least they've done the decent thing. If you do end up sending it back please publish the reg so that if it goes back through without an assured report no one on here gets stung with it.

I couldn't be happier with Manheim Bristol. 

I bought a Passat on Friday with apparently good tyres all round (4mm in acceptable condition). It just failed its MOT on four tyres (badly worn on inner edges). Scanned and sent the failure sheet and within 2 hours I get an agreement for the cost of four tyres.

I currently have a car which i bought with a clean AA report but the engine knocks, suspect piston. Requires new engine.  2009 BMW 318 petrol M sport 60k miles.  Called Monday 27th June still waiting for a response apparently someone will call to take it to a garage? Its  really annoying and seems to be hard work getting anything out of them. 

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

I currently have a car which i bought with a clean AA report but the engine knocks, suspect piston. Requires new engine.  2009 BMW 318 petrol M sport 60k miles.  Called Monday 27th June still waiting for a response apparently someone will call to take it to a garage? Its  really annoying and seems to be hard work getting anything out of them. 

I had to wait 2 weeks for an assessor to come and condemn a dual mass flywheel knock not reported on the report. It was hanging out too. They just picked car up and put it back through auction for some other poor bugger to buy.

the same will happen with you, they won't entertain fixing your issue, so if I would you I would delete it from stock list and try not to miss the money for 2-3 weeks which is how long before you will see the funds again.

• Like 1

Thanks its actually on partner finance so I'm hoping my interest will be refunded as well. :o