have a word with the wife

govt lock down strategy

Boris expected to give the detail on thursday , i was hoping tuesday but oh well :huh:.

That day is three weeks since the lockdown and a announcement was due anyway, friday is bank holiday, so we have got all weekend to get the cobwebs off the mirrors [ she says with a wink] :) 

24 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

Boris expected to give the detail on thursday , i was hoping tuesday but oh well :huh:.

That day is three weeks since the lockdown and a announcement was due anyway, friday is bank holiday, so we have got all weekend to get the cobwebs off the mirrors [ she says with a wink] :) 

It’s all spin.Yesterday they were claiming tests had increased to 100,000 per day.Do you believe that when the chemicals to do the tests are in short supply ( quote Gov.Como New York State )

We now have a big virus testing centre and a hospital 4 miles away have now got the equipment to anylise 6000 tests per day.Where are they being done,240 miles away in Milton Keynes by a private company.The explanation given,De Loitte are advising the government on carrying out tests.

On Thursday,the chancellor said there were now more than 25% of businesses on lock down ( sounds better than 70% ) and 4 million workers were now furloughed ( sounds better than 15 million).

A local company on telly were complaining that NHS were messing them about regarding  buying their protective visors and they had made thousands.So they were now just selling them to the US who wanted them yesterday.

I think it might be better if the army were put in control.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, trade vet said:

A local company on telly were complaining that NHS were messing them about regarding  buying their protective visors and they had made thousands.So they were now just selling them to the US who wanted them yesterday.

I wonder if they told MP Matt Hancock something along the lines of;

You snooze, you loose.

Money talks, bullshit walks.

First come, first served.

3 minutes ago, BHM said:

I wonder if they told MP Matt Hancock something along the lines of;

You snooze, you loose.

Money talks, bullshit walks.

First come, first served.

I think it's more the case this company were asking too much

Why would you charter a plane and fill every seat with ppe if you could go to blaydon and get it

9 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

Ppe, the vat element  has now been removed from these, so should bring price down, my local hardware shop is selling allegedly all the bs bullshit face masks £2.50 each maximum 2 per customer :rolleyes:

I got 50 of the 3M ones from China for £25 inc. delivery.

2 minutes ago, Halfpenny said:

I got 50 of the 3M ones from China for £25 inc. delivery.

Bargain

I  heard a similar story to that NHS in Scotland  ordered bottles of hand sanitizer in a large amount from a whisky suppliers only to be told once in was produced they didn't need it anymore .  

Edited by Casper

1 minute ago, Casper said:

Bargain 

Not bad. Delivery was quoted at 10-20 days and came in about 14 days.  Think I should maybe go into the PPE business rather than cars. I think compulsory mask wearing is coming - there'll be a market for millions...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Halfpenny said:

Not bad. Delivery was quoted at 10-20 days and came in about 14 days.  Think I should maybe go into the PPE business rather than cars. I think compulsory mask wearing is coming - there'll be a market for millions...

You’ve done a better job than HMG? 

56 minutes ago, metcars said:

2 hours ago, Halfpenny said:

One of our local paper shop sells them for about 1.00 I thought that was ok considering what some other local shops are charging one charge an old lady £29.99 for a tiny bottle of hand sanitizer 

1 hour ago, metcars said:

Well it was only a box of 50.....

3 minutes ago, Halfpenny said:

Well it was only a box of 50.....

My sister is a nurse and had to buy her own as they had none left to supply in the ward so your still in front . 

• Sad 1