Sign in to follow this  
BORO PAUL

Best and Worst

What make you smile when you see it in the catalog, I mean whats the couple of your favorite buys ( or easy sells )  or you hope is out there ...and things you just skip over

For me Its bmw E46s (2000 to 2005 models) coupes or saloons the bigger the engine the better, I think the cars pretty timeless and always sells easy up my way.. and the others a Citron Picasso totally difrent cars but i like both

Things i skip over ..vauxhall corsas of any description and any Peugeot  unless the roof folds down

VAG estates seem to sell well here. And C4 Picassos. I avoid Aygos et al like the plague. 1st car I bought when I opened & ended up putting it back through the ring 3 months later.

I struggle with anything small like the aygo and corsa etc etc - Funny really when I first started out I only sold small 'first cars' how little I knew then.

Good sellers, Golf GTI and Astra VXR I never struggle to move on and Rav4's tend to always be good also.

Alfa's, Audi's, Citroen C2 VTS/Code and high spec Mini's any anything else that looks out of the ordinary - I was told I was mad buying a Chrysler 300c 5.7 Hemi a few months ago, had it 3 weeks and made £2500 profit - it did look the dogs dangly's though for not a lot of money. I sold it local and the guy drives it around like he's a local celeb!!!

I try and stay away from bread and butter stuff - have a Picasso, Aygo and Astra Estate all in stock that I took as PX and struggling to any interest even though they are cheap!!!

Edited by James Bush
  • Like 1

The last couple of corsas i bought, i ended up selling to a guy miles away who only sold corsas and nothing else, he had about 15 

i like the oddball stuff as well , remember seeing a fiat multipla come through leeds, i said to my brother "who would buy these ?" i ended up buying it because it just seemed so cheep, first day on ebay i had three people at the door for it, two turned up together and were arguing over it, i got full asking price and made about £500 

Im liking the looks of the fiat 500s they are dropping in price now and seem to be the in car for the essex girl wanabe

i have always done all good with minis and beetles i still like 

I'll second 'quirky' stuff too. Although at my end selling cheapies, Focus/Astra/Fiesta's always move as they are cheap to run, but the odd oddball can usually be a nice little earner. Interestingly Corsa's turn into 'landmarks' here!;)

I wouldn't even attempt to sell a BMW here, I find punters only want stamped full BMW history but are then happy to cram them full of cheap pattern parts? Even on the old bangers I sell, and in many respects more so, as with a set of 'drug dealer' wheels and 'gangsta glass' they can be made to look a lot newer!

Edited by metcars
interrupted

I had a fiat croma a few months back 2009 plate, 80k, £500 at Manheim, sold it 3 weeks later for £1800..... Couldn't believe it! I'd never even heard of the thing!! same story with a Kia magentis, only 17k on a 2006 plate miles and made about £800......I love the oddball stuff, theres millions of fiestas although anything like a Hyundai or chevrolet with more than 40k on the clock I seem to have hanging round for months!!! Boro paul I'm assuming your from middlesbrough, I'm an Acklam lad living in Sheffield! Hope it's going well up in the north East! 

Yeah Mate im from Eston .. things are going to get tough round here just been 2000 job losses at British Steel and another 1000 at air probucts..im off to live in Blackpool in a couple of months

ive stood at the auctions a few times with my brother shaking his head while im bidding on some oddball stuff... chevrolet stuff drops in price quicker than a seven series BMW .. got to be value for money though right ?

Edited by BORO PAUL

chevrolet yes see it as the new lada, pitch right and they sell,only problem is dont use ebay to sell it as its not recognised learnt that the hard way

Had a chevrolet Aveo, 09 plate, 60k.....looked like a £2995 car on the pitch, had it for months couldn't give it away!!!! in the end after about 3 months just let it go for £2k, my outlook on these sort of cars is they need to be really low mileage or priced extremely well to get a quick sale!!

I had a fiat croma a few months back 2009 plate, 80k, £500 at Manheim, sold it 3 weeks later for £1800..... Couldn't believe it! I'd never even heard of the thing!! same story with a Kia magentis, only 17k on a 2006 plate miles and made about £800......I love the oddball stuff, theres millions of fiestas although anything like a Hyundai or chevrolet with more than 40k on the clock I seem to have hanging round for months!!! Boro paul I'm assuming your from middlesbrough, I'm an Acklam lad living in Sheffield! Hope it's going well up in the north East! 

Wow, that was one cheap Croma, I take it was petrol! I've sold four of them this year and think they are cracking value for money, and if they were good enough for Schumacher....

You have to have some oddball stuff, my latest being a Renault Koleos.

Wow, that was one cheap Croma, I take it was petrol! I've sold four of them this year and think they are cracking value for money, and if they were good enough for Schumacher....

You have to have some oddball stuff, my latest being a Renault Koleos.

The croma was an import and petrol but it really was a cracking car, drove beautiful!!  

The car thats surprised me the most would be a Chrysler Sebring but got to be the diesel model; phone didnt stop ringing for one I had not so long ago!

Worst for me, Meriva, Corsa, and always struggle to sell a Focus.  Best Clios, Vectra, any BMW, KA never struggle.

Worst for me, Meriva, Corsa, and always struggle to sell a Focus.  Best Clios, Vectra, any BMW, KA never struggle.

Funny you should say that.Back in the day I couldnt sell enough of those V6 Vectra's, even when fuel prices started climbing. And boy were they cheap at 'the block'!

Strange how many of us struggle to sell what what are described as 'bread and butter' cars?

Funny you should say that.Back in the day I couldnt sell enough of those V6 Vectra's, even when fuel prices started climbing. And boy were they cheap at 'the block'!

Strange how many of us struggle to sell what what are described as 'bread and butter' cars?

In my early days I's think nothing of buying a V6 Vectra or Galaxy for example. Fast forward 10 years or so and it's like I've been brainwashed my some tree hugging cult. I now see a V6 as the food of the devil that can only be slayed by a 60mpg, £30 road tax eco warrior excuse of a car dressed in corduroy:(

In my early days I's think nothing of buying a V6 Vectra or Galaxy for example. Fast forward 10 years or so and it's like I've been brainwashed my some tree hugging cult. I now see a V6 as the food of the devil that can only be slayed by a 60mpg, £30 road tax eco warrior excuse of a car dressed in corduroy:(

Hmmm VED banding is changing again in 2017 i hear?

The croma was an import and petrol but it really was a cracking car, drove beautiful!!  

They do drive well. Just sold mine now, a nice cure for a hangover :)