David Horgan

Enquiry came in from Autotrader

Hi, I'm interested in paying half price due to current circumstances
and over supply in market:

Land Rover Range Rover for £10,990 = £5,490
& 12 month MOT
Please could you email me.

Got this the other day , my reply was as follows 

Thank you for the enquiry at this quite time I appreciate your interest in this Vehicle . 

I see from your enquiry you require a new MOT in the deal , The car will require 4 new tyres so as a gesture of our appreciation of your interest i am asking which Brand of tyre you would prefer fitting , also would you like us to Fully service the car too , it will need a new key so I am assuming you will require that too . 

If thats a said deal please contact me back with the £5,490 deposit and i will instruct work to start asap . 

Hes come back with Bridgestone Tyres lol . :wacko:

Regards 

David 

Edited by David Horgan
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Hi, I'm interested in paying half price due to current circumstances
and over supply in market:

Land Rover Range Rover for £10,990 = £5,490
& 12 month MOT
Please could you email me.

Got this the other day , my reply was as follows 

Thank you for the enquiry at this quite time I appreciate your interest in this Vehicle . 

I see from your enquiry you require a new MOT in the deal , The car will require 4 new tyres so as a gesture of our appreciation of your interest i am asking which Brand of tyre you would prefer fitting , also would you like us to Fully service the car too , it will need a new key so I am assuming you will require that too . 

If thats a said deal please contact me back with the £5,490 deposit and i will instruct work to start asap . 

Hes come back with Bridgestone Tyres lol . :wacko:

Regards 

David 

Email him back saying, sorry just taken a deposit on it.

8 minutes ago, Dan W said:

Email him back saying, sorry just taken a deposit on it.

Id do that too david be funny i like your response or ask him how he intends to pick it up as its hardly essential travel :) 

You need to keep that going aslong as possible. Instruct him to collect it from your storage compound and give the address of a lr main dealer 

• Haha 3

Carefull David you may have entered into a contract to sell it for £5490.You have asked for ‘the deposit’ of £5490 prior to doing the work etc.I think you should have said ‘ a deposit ‘ etc. The word deposit in financial transactions does not always mean part payment.

I would be emailing him back with an explanation in case he has a lawyer/ barrister relative.Years ago Barratts I think were advertising that they would pay your first years mortgage on new homes.A sharp lawyer seeing this managed to arrange a 1 year mortgage with his building society and got a free house !

5 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Carefull David you may have entered into a contract to sell it for £5490.You have asked for ‘the deposit’ of £5490 prior to doing the work etc.I think you should have said ‘ a deposit ‘ etc. The word deposit in financial transactions does not always mean part payment.

I would be emailing him back with an explanation in case he has a lawyer/ barrister relative.Years ago Barratts I think were advertising that they would pay your first years mortgage on new homes.A sharp lawyer seeing this managed to arrange a 1 year mortgage with his building society and got a free house !

No need TV, these twats NEVER deal. Anyway I believe the contract of sale isn’t concluded until the customer has seen the merchandise. I remember the man I once let get on the train & phoned him to cancel halfway through his 5 hour journey - he learnt a valuable lesson on being a greedy twat.

I had a couple of these twats at the beginning of the week. After they’d inevitably withdrew their original offer (they always do OR just disappear) I then emailed telling them not to embarrass themselves in future.

Both of these specimens email every day, one has decreased his offer & the other, realising he’s not getting a response, has now emailed for a viewing :blink:  

20 minutes ago, trade vet said:

If he wants to come he can , My son will be the purchaser just as he walks on site . Hope he's from 500 miles away personally .

19 minutes ago, BHM said:

No need TV, these twats NEVER deal. Anyway I believe the contract of sale isn’t concluded until the customer has seen the merchandise. I remember the man I once let get on the train & phoned him to cancel halfway through his 5 hour journey - he learnt a valuable lesson on being a greedy twat.

I had a couple of these twats at the beginning of the week. After they’d inevitably withdrew their original offer (they always do OR just disappear) I then emailed telling them not to embarrass themselves in future.

Both of these specimens email every day, one has decreased his offer & the other, realising he’s not getting a response, has now emailed for a viewing :blink:  

Of course I agree.However I can think of someone ( a lawyer) who would capitalise on an error and breach in contract law and then sue .

25 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

If he wants to come he can , My son will be the purchaser just as he walks on site . Hope he's from 500 miles away personally .

Ditto

3 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Jesus trade vet, you are the most depressing person ever

Ha Ha ......I am not making this up,I do know a lawyer guy who is a nightmare .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New year revolutions...... said:

I thought I had taken trade vets mantle

I dont want it of course but I'm a realist

I think you have been relegated!!!!

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Ha Ha ......I am not making this up,I do know a lawyer guy who is a nightmare .

Aren't they all I've met a couple of lawyers like that when doing property sales and development as well as family wills etc   

Edited by Casper

5 minutes ago, Casper said:

Aren't they all I've met a couple of lawyers like that when do property sales and development as well as family wills etc   

Thank you for agreeing Casper.I now remember selling a Cosworth to some full spec lawyer.He said OK I will have it and we shook hands.I said I didn’t need a deposit and he insisted that I take a one pound coin and give him a receipt.He went on and on about sale contracts and peppercorns or something which protected him incase I sold it to someone else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trade vet said:

Thank you for agreeing Casper.I now remember selling a Cosworth to some full spec lawyer.He said OK I will have it and we shook hands.I said I didn’t need a deposit and he insisted that I take a one pound coin and give him a receipt.He went on and on about sale contracts and peppercorns or something which protected him incase I sold it to someone else.

I used one guy who was recommended to me be a property agent and would still be man of choice for offers etc is a decent sound guy but the other 2 i dealt with were hard work 

This is going to be happening no matter what you are selling be it cars or houses, you could try turning it round and saying that you question the persons morals and does he realise that if you do accept the offer, then the business closes, 6? people are put on the dole, and if you did the same to the company he works for then he will be in the same dole queue ?

forget that, just tell him to ................................ off, but, store his email address, even better if he enquires via ebay, store his username for future payback  for when he is selling something;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

This is going to be happening no matter what you are selling be it cars or houses, you could try turning it round and saying that you question the persons morals and does he realise that if you do accept the offer, then the business closes, 6? people are put on the dole, and if you did the same to the company he works for then he will be in the same dole queue ?

forget that, just tell him to ................................ off, but, store his email address, even better if he enquires via ebay, store his username for future payback  for when he is selling something;)

I like it . The username thing :lol: 

18 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Correction Black Sierra XR4x4, why did I say Cosworth ,now they were crap ( but good sellers )

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Correction Black Sierra XR4x4, why did I say Cosworth ,now they were crap ( but good sellers )

Wish i had a half dozen of either now local farmer had a red XR 4X4 his uncle had had few granadas etc  

Edited by Casper

21 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

I know my place I only got to sell an xr4i

My mate sold a few of the various models back in the day was just talking the other week about what the xr4x4s are going for now on ebay as well as the rs cosworth models 

if only he had them now 

my elderly dad often says the same thing about the jag mk2 and cars he owned years ago 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Casper said:

My mate sold a few of the various models back in the day was just talking the other week about what the xr4x4s are going for now on ebay as well as the rs cosworth models 

if only he had them now 

my elderly dad often says the same thing about the jag mk2 and cars he owned years ago 

Have you seen Bangers and Cash tv programme about MATHEWSON’S auction in North Yorkshire.Mini Cooper s 1275 total rotbox most scrap men would have refused it....It did 19 grand ?

20 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Have you seen Bangers and Cash tv programme about MATHEWSON’S auction in North Yorkshire.Mini Cooper s 1275 total rotbox most scrap men would have refused it....It did 19 grand ?

Was that the beige piece of shite which they literally dragged out of a garage? What a joke.

I remember going to one of their early auctions years ago - I think it was only their second or third but don’t quote me - and even then punters were fighting for everything. Quite by chance I subsequently sold a car to one of the sons, the blonde one Paul, a few couple of months after I’d attended & he said they’d been pleasantly surprised by the response & the family were optimistic for the future. One thing’s for sure, they’ll be doing a whole lot more business than when they were just selling a few from the garage. Good luck to them, nice straightforward people from my limited contact with them. 

Edited by BHM

54 minutes ago, BHM said:

I remember going to one of their early auctions years ago - I think it was only their second or third but don’t quote me - and even then punters were fighting for everything. Quite by chance I subsequently sold a car to one of the sons, the blonde one Paul, a few couple of months after I’d attended & he said they’d been pleasantly surprised by the response & the family were optimistic for the future. One thing’s for sure, they’ll be doing a whole lot more business than when they were just selling a few from the garage. Good luck to them, nice straightforward people from my limited contact with them. 

I saw an episode where is was going out in his transporter and just thought there was more life in some boiled crabs

• Haha 1