Sign in to follow this  
Tom

Am I the only one?

I started all my cars up the other day just to check they run :ph34r: and before switching them off after leaving  them for 15 mins I put all the clocks back an hour am I the only OCD one to do this?:P

• Like 1

Pointless ... Just left mine as they are , then I won't have to put them forward in March next year :)

Edited by Jack Regan
  • Like 1

Did all mine on the Sunday morning after the clocks went back.

Last thing you need in December is someone demanding a discount cos 'you've had it in stock so long it's still on Summer time'

Also shows a slightly higher level of basic professionalism, in my view.

As does setting the satnav to the customers home address before handover. And sorting out the bluetooth pairing when they collect.

Customers don't remember the big stuff...

• Like 2

Last thing you need in December is someone demanding a discount cos 'you've had it in stock so long it's still on Summer time'

As does setting the satnav to the customers home address before handover. And sorting out the bluetooth pairing when they collect.

That was my feeling if the clock was in summer mode then its been sat a while. 

I don't think I've changed the clocks in my house yet, let alone the stock!

• Like 2

I have always done the bluetooth pairing or had one of the lads do that for customers.

I like the idea of setting the home address into the satnav. That is a really nice touch. 

I did all mine on the Sunday, although some were more difficult than others and needed 3 hands to press all the right buttons at the same time. A long time ago I delivered a Focus without the radio code and passenger airbag turned off......I looked a right tit in front of the customer running around, googling instructions and bluffing my way though and its always stuck with me.

On delivery I always make a point of making sure there's enough fuel to get them home, and then I set the radio to their favourite station and the sat nav to home if its got one in front of them.....as GreenGiant said its the small things.

A local guy to me still puts flowers on the passenger seat of ever car but he's becoming increasingly annoyed with comments wishing he'd have put a tenner of fuel in instead

I think flowers are a bit much and I think he gets more that don't appreciate than he does appreciate them.....but he is very old school