Jay187

Auto Trader Package Price

Hi guys, just wanted to make sure the Auto Trader rep isn’t trying to over charge me on a package! Haha! He quoted me £612 + VAT Per month for a 7 car package plus a cheapy car under £1500. Does that sound about right to everyone. Also theres an extra charge for the website which is somewhere around £100 per month?

About 100pm for an AT website is normal, if you want a cheaper website try Cardealer5

Yes i think i will try car dealer 5 after the free trial on the website. What platforms does car dealer 5 feed into when you load the adverts onto it?

Average figures from what I and a few others have figured out are:

Standard Package:  £85 - £110
Premium Package:  £135 - £160

Prices are per car, per month and including VAT.
All including Dealer Finance.
Excluding any other charges or products.

Compare that to:
CarGurus - 100 cars = £450
Ebay - unlimited cars = £245
AA - 120 cars = £495
Motors - 100 cars = £175

Try to find out if CarGurus are advertising strongly in your area on social media and Adsense.  If they are then that's a no brainer.  They've been our best ROI for about 4-5 months, but they do tend to change their advertising focus so you must ensure you keep on top of tracking it and complain when your response goes down.

2 minutes ago, Earunder said:

Average figures from what I and a few others have figured out are:

Standard Package:  £85 - £110
Premium Package:  £135 - £160

Prices are per car, per month and including VAT.
All including Dealer Finance.
Excluding any other charges or products.

EDIT - The other 3 "price plans" / "packages" from Auto Trader are useless so don't bother.

Compare that to:
CarGurus - 100 cars = £450
Ebay - unlimited cars = £245
AA - 120 cars = £495
Motors - 100 cars = £175

Try to find out if CarGurus are advertising strongly in your area on social media and Adsense.  If they are then that's a no brainer.  They've been our best ROI for about 4-5 months, but they do tend to change their advertising focus so you must ensure you keep on top of tracking it and complain when your response goes down.

Thank you for the response Earunder. Thats a great help. And the Autotrader prices sound about right then

what sort of response do you get from Cargurus and Ebay? Our stock is usually between £3,000 and £8,000 so not sure if ebay will work for us?

Ebay is there just for brand awareness and to keep popping up on customers searches.  We don't reply to Ebay messages as it's pure drivel full of time wasters and people making silly offers or messages like "best price?".

Your stock levels should perform well on AutoTrader and CarGurus.

I wouldn't do anything else apart from them and a decent social media campaign on Facebook.

18 hours ago, Jay187 said:

Yes i think i will try car dealer 5 after the free trial on the website. What platforms does car dealer 5 feed into when you load the adverts onto it?

Try go6 media there much cheaper than csr desler 5 one upfront payment and then a little a year.

thanks for the advice NacMan, will definately give them a shout when we need our site sorting

8 hours ago, Earunder said:

Ebay is there just for brand awareness and to keep popping up on customers searches.  We don't reply to Ebay messages as it's pure drivel full of time wasters and people making silly offers or messages like "best price?".

Your stock levels should perform well on AutoTrader and CarGurus.

I wouldn't do anything else apart from them and a decent social media campaign on Facebook.

The Ebay Motors Group rep tried to call today finally but I couldn’t take the call, and soon after got a call from CarGurus, i think i will go for CarGurus for now. 
does anybody pay to “boost” ads on facebook marketplace? Or do most just use the normal free option?

22 hours ago, Jay187 said:

thanks for the advice NacMan, will definately give them a shout when we need our site sorting

The Ebay Motors Group rep tried to call today finally but I couldn’t take the call, and soon after got a call from CarGurus, i think i will go for CarGurus for now. 
does anybody pay to “boost” ads on facebook marketplace? Or do most just use the normal free option?

I use the normal free one and get a sale everynow and again but mostly is it still available.

On 1/15/2020 at 10:11 PM, Jay187 said:

Hi guys, just wanted to make sure the Auto Trader rep isn’t trying to over charge me on a package! Haha! He quoted me £612 + VAT Per month for a 7 car package plus a cheapy car under £1500. Does that sound about right to everyone. Also theres an extra charge for the website which is somewhere around £100 per month?

they charge 120 plus vat for the websites which have their price indicators slapped all over them dont do it

car dealer 5 for your website

On 1/16/2020 at 11:33 AM, Earunder said:

We don't reply to Ebay messages as it's pure drivel full of time wasters and people making silly offers or messages like "best price?".

Even if you agree to their offers they don’t back them up with cold hard cash. I usually ignore them (because usually the offers are a fucking joke) but this week had 2 very close & sensible offers on two mid-termers, so I thought to myself ‘Why not? Hopefully I’m proved wrong with these email dickheads’. Unfortunately I wasn’t.

One decides (presumably because I’d agreed to her offer) that she then wanted a 3mth warranty including for our agreed price. Then 6mths. Then can I revise costs.

The other emailer, much to my amazement, phoned. It appeared that his cash offer wasn’t what I think of as a cash offer.......to this Norwich-based imbecile an ex-NHS Mondeo “all the holes in the bodywork have been done, mate” represents cash, if I don’t want it (correct) he’ll sell it privately cos he’s got the money. In the space of 10 seconds he then tells me he’s getting the train, getting the bus, getting his Mrs. to drive him here at the weekend (he must be thinking of making 3 journeys!). I just kept answering ok, ok, ok and at the earliest opportunity brought the call to an end.

With 50% of the general public I think I’m an unpaid mental health counsellor.

Edited by BHM
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, beckly car sales said:

they charge 120 plus vat for the websites which have their price indicators slapped all over them dont do it

car dealer 5 for your website

Yeah i think i will defo go with car dealer 5 or go6 media for a website after the auto trader free trial is up

On 1/19/2020 at 11:48 AM, BHM said:

Even if you agree to their offers they don’t back them up with cold hard cash. I usually ignore them (because usually the offers are a fucking joke) but this week had 2 very close & sensible offers on two mid-termers, so I thought to myself ‘Why not? Hopefully I’m proved wrong with these email dickheads’. Unfortunately I wasn’t.

One decides (presumably because I’d agreed to her offer) that she then wanted a 3mth warranty including for our agreed price. Then 6mths. Then can I revise costs.

The other emailer, much to my amazement, phoned. It appeared that his cash offer wasn’t what I think of as a cash offer.......to this Norwich-based imbecile an ex-NHS Mondeo “all the holes in the bodywork have been done, mate” represents cash, if I don’t want it (correct) he’ll sell it privately cos he’s got the money. In the space of 10 seconds he then tells me he’s getting the train, getting the bus, getting his Mrs. to drive him here at the weekend (he must be thinking of making 3 journeys!). I just kept answering ok, ok, ok and at the earliest opportunity brought the call to an end.

With 50% of the general public I think I’m an unpaid mental health counsellor.

Hahah too true. Not worth the hassle and I'm more than happy to let others pick those customers up.  End up costing you money and untold amount of grief.

On 1/16/2020 at 8:04 PM, Jay187 said:

Yes we boost carousel posts...  IE multiple cars in one boost, usually a varied range.  It'll be hit and miss accoring to your stock portfolio but you'll soon learn after a £100 boost on 4 posts in a fortnight which ones work.