XFS

Trade Plater/Reliable transport

I wonder if anyone knows a reliable plater/transporter. Or if any of you guys have a spare day?

Looking to get a car taken from BCA Livingston to Swindon Bet 17th and 20th Dec. BCA can't do it before new Year and I would rather not go up there.

Would prefer a transporter, its an Audi TTRS so will need careful handling.

32 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Have had a word with the yard or the transport manager.

I did. They can't help.

I have two to come now, so there is money in it for someone.

This is of no help to you but this week I was talking to a trader wanting a car moving about 300 miles. No fucker was interested, no one wanted the job & most said phone back next year. 

11 minutes ago, BHM said:

This is of no help to you but this week I was talking to a trader wanting a car moving about 300 miles. No fucker was interested, no one wanted the job & most said phone back next year. 

Yep, pretty much where I am!

If we were based closer we'd be offering to help you out.

We've got trade plates and a recovery truck! But, we're based in North Devon.

Best of luck.

6 hours ago, XFS said:

I wonder if anyone knows a reliable plater/transporter. Or if any of you guys have a spare day?

Looking to get a car taken from BCA Livingston to Swindon Bet 17th and 20th Dec. BCA can't do it before new Year and I would rather not go up there.

Would prefer a transporter, its an Audi TTRS so will need careful handling.

Bit of a long shot but the guys I use for transporting from Scotland are very good and unlike many others, have a diary they stick to. Give one of the guys at Nelson Car Transport in Kinross a call, worth a go.

23 minutes ago, sparky said:

Bit of a long shot but the guys I use for transporting from Scotland are very good and unlike many others, have a diary they stick to. Give one of the guys at Nelson Car Transport in Kinross a call, worth a go.

Thanks for that

21 minutes ago, XFS said:

Thanks for that

Phoned them and sorted it. Appreciate the heads up. Thanks again

14 hours ago, XFS said:

No worries mate. I didn't want to tempt fate but I was pretty sure they went down to your neck of the woods. Glad I could help.

19 hours ago, XFS said:

with this one being quite a distance could you possibly tell us roughly how much this has cost per mile, and was it for one car? cheers.

1 hour ago, awc1000 said:

with this one being quite a distance could you possibly tell us roughly how much this has cost per mile, and was it for one car? cheers.

Think its 2 cars 

1 hour ago, awc1000 said:

BCA quoted £287 plus Vat for one which was fine but couldn't do it until after Christmas. I managed to pick up another car and paid around the same per car. The cars are from two locations about 30 miles apart. Its around 362 miles.

I had a guy offer to plate them for 230 per car but I would rather pay extra to get them on a wagon.

I’ve just been talking to a transporter driver that dropped a solo one I bought yesterday. He said that BCA had 32 10 car transporters parked up for 3 days this week :wacko: with no work on!