Sean HMC

Image backgroud opinions

Hi,

Been browsing the forum for a long time but never actually posted. I have a small (20 car) pitch in Glasgow selling mainly German stuff.

For a while now I have been struggling with taking decent pictures, We are in an industrial estate so scenery is not the best. I have been looking into image background replacement and I have put a couple live.

Looking for some honest feedback if possible.

https://www.hoggmotorco.co.uk/

Thanks 

Sean

Welcome to the forum buddy :D

ill be honest I think your pictures next to the fence and the grass with the blue BMW look fine . 

Edited by Casper

3 minutes ago, Casper said:

Welcome to the forum buddy :D

ill be honest I think your pictures next to the fence and the grass with the blue BMW look fine . 

Agreed i like the ones with the fence in the background the best.

Hi - I also prefer the images with the fence, but if you can't find a better location, you can use the services of companies like Auto Imaging who will drop in a nice background for you.  It's quite reasonable price wise and the results are good.

Thats exactly what I have done, Its not Auto Imaging its another company but the same idea.

I think its clear its a photo shopped image but is it better than what im currently doing. 

My concern is does it put customers off when they see an imaged that has been messed about with or am I over thinking it :)

I’ve used Auto Imaging when needs must, and none of my customers have ever said anything or noticed. 

I think  your fence pics are fine though, so I wouldn’t think they are slowing you down too much. Or at all. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sean HMC said:

Thats exactly what I have done, Its not Auto Imaging its another company but the same idea.

I think its clear its a photo shopped image but is it better than what im currently doing. 

My concern is does it put customers off when they see an imaged that has been messed about with or am I over thinking it :)

I think it fine honestly remember also that some people photograph there cars at different sites and locations so the customer probably won't even notice or ask 

I think we all over think our pictures, yours look great but...... being critical, the fence is disproportional to the car and the hedge.

Welcome by the way.

• Like 1

That background is fine. I would think that having the car a bit more zoomed in would be better so it occupies more of the picture would be better. Is the fence yours? if so, could you put a business logo banner on it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MattR said:

That background is fine. I would think that having the car a bit more zoomed in would be better so it occupies more of the picture would be better. Is the fence yours? if so, could you put a business logo banner on it?

It's been photoshopped in, that's the point I think Matt

Pretty impressed with that photoshop , what sort of cost is that if I may ask ?

10 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Ah. think i'll read the post properly next time. opticians appointment due me thinks.

Personally, I don't like fake backgrounds, I think they just look false. It does look disproportionate IMO. Surely you can find a better natural location ? 

Hi Sean, I know of you from Steven at East Kilbride used cars, also got one of your old stock in last week a nice mk6 golf gti:)

2 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Ha. It fooled me too. 

3 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Ha. It fooled me too. 

And probably 99% of punters, which is all that really matters.

Some nice kit on there Sean.

57 minutes ago, Anglo9 said:

Pretty impressed with that photoshop , what sort of cost is that if I may ask ?

It works out around 40p an image so not ridiculous.

37 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

Hi Sean, I know of you from Steven at East Kilbride used cars, also got one of your old stock in last week a nice mk6 golf gti:)

Hi Mark, ye iv known Steven for a long time. Are you just round from him?

31 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

And probably 99% of punters, which is all that really matters.

Some nice kit on there Sean.

Thanks Mark, like I said earlier I think we can all be guilty of over thinking things. As long as it doesn’t put people off I’m quite happy.