David Horgan

Just had a guy in on the BID

Guy rang up this morning .

" can i come see the UP " 

Walks in and does the usual MOT , found a MAJOR point of damage on the inside of the door card " was a piece of plastic stuck on the door half size of a stamp so i brushed it off :lol:" Didn't like the colour of the key fob , so i took the white UP cover off it :rolleyes: This car has done 15k with 6 Services one owner 

£4,995 this car . Then told me about looking at another one yesterday that the trader had put up in price and told him that stock is that short he's put everything up in price , So his Advertised price was £4,995, screen was £5,195 "

THEN BID me £4,500 from £4,995 for mine after he told me the story . NOPE sorry pal 

He's gone to see another round the corner , wife wants the car but his buying strategy has been confused , come in like car buyer of the year guy 2019 and left like a pussy cat . 

Tempted to put it up to £5,295 :lol: cos he will be back 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Guy rang up this morning .

" can i come see the UP " 

Walks in and does the usual MOT , found a MAJOR point of damage on the inside of the door card " was a piece of plastic stuck on the door half size of a stamp so i brushed it off :lol:" Didn't like the colour of the key fob , so i took the white UP cover off it :rolleyes: This car has done 15k with 6 Services one owner 

£4,995 this car . Then told me about looking at another one yesterday that the trader had put up in price and told him that stock is that short he's put everything up in price , So his Advertised price was £4,995, screen was £5,195 "

THEN BID me £4,500 from £4,995 for mine after he told me the story . NOPE sorry pal 

He's gone to see another round the corner , wife wants the car but his buying strategy has been confused , come in like car buyer of the year guy 2019 and left like a pussy cat . 

Tempted to put it up to £5,295 :lol: cos he will be back 

Do it tell him you seen the £5195 and yours is a better car .. 

I'd call him. 

Just a quick call to say I just had a chat with another buyer interested in reserving it "unseen" over the phone as it ticks all the boxes for him but he can't travel for a few days. 

"I just called you out of courtesy as you had travelled to us and invested some time in case you were still interested" 

• Like 2

The thought of someone wasting my time  boils my blood,  I have zero tolerances for these idiots. They either confirm their intent upfront or go and waste someone else’s time. 

1 hour ago, tradex said:

B)Simon, maybe its an age thing but the longer I do this job, the more I like your way of doing business as, my patience gets shorter every year doing this job as, the customers manners grow worse. 

......and for me it's more part time now. 

I’m with you.... yes absolutely its an age experience thing for me, I don't need to be a bitch to the job, I make it work for me wisely and on my terms.

The negativeness and criticism I get is from those who just don’t understand my approach simply don't understand. 

I’m happy to say no to people who just want to “Av a look” none of these types have read the advert let alone watched the vid. 

Genuine buyers get their time wasted by shite sellers all the time. I just tap into accuracy and sell on the basis of trust....

You gain buyers who wouldn’t normally travel, that’s the key to a much easier life. 

Deposit upfront (fully refundable) based on accuracy is perfectly reasonable for genuine buyers. Those are the customers I deal with. 

Edited by Arfur Dealy

On 11/17/2019 at 2:05 PM, tradex said:

VAG  man alert!

:lol::lol:

On 11/18/2019 at 5:47 PM, tradex said:

At our old site in Hastings we had a 'messer horn'. 

One of those £2.99 fleabay air horns. 

We shared the site, but not the cars so it was bloody good fun at times. 

Typical scenario.... I would be chatting, well more like u'umming with the VAG twat as he is bending down inspecting the tyre treads on the 4th tyre with his magnifying glass after, already being onsite for an hour, all whilst having to explain the 'hawwwwwwhhhhhh' coming out of the sales office every 5 minutes:D

VAG twats cost us a fortune in gas canisters until we stopped selling them. 

was your explanation that it was the messer horn?

Better to use these when they are in a position to jump, bang their head on the open bonnet, dislodge it from the bonnet stay and land on their fingers. 

On 11/18/2019 at 5:47 PM, tradex said:

At our old site in Hastings we had a 'messer horn'. 

One of those £2.99 fleabay air horns. 

We shared the site, but not the cars so it was bloody good fun at times. 

Typical scenario.... I would be chatting, well more like u'umming with the VAG twat as he is bending down inspecting the tyre treads on the 4th tyre with his magnifying glass after, already being onsite for an hour, all whilst having to explain the 'hawwwwwwhhhhhh' coming out of the sales office every 5 minutes:D

VAG twats cost us a fortune in gas canisters until we stopped selling them. 

Hahaha brilliant 

2 hours ago, MattR said:

Better to use these when they are in a position to jump, bang their head on the open bonnet

This might finally knock some sense into them!