Scooby who

What ever happened to ‘Fullauction”

What ever happened to ‘Fullauction”

I just looked at their site and they have only 7 listings!

I remember a few years back they used to have around 200 units or possibly more.

Generally had a lot of Rubbish but every now and again a really nice car would appear and would sell for well below cap.

May as well shut shop at this stage

I hadn't either but as scooby said seems like they only have about 7-9 cars on there site had a look early .

When I used to be on DA I asking a couple of new vendors over in Cumbria, who I was buying from, where they used to auction their cars. They’d previously used fullauction, which I’d never heard of, but they both said it was pisspoor - and that was over 2 years ago. 

Robins and Day used to put all their trade stuff through Full Auction, so there used to be quite a lot of stock up for grabs on there. However they signed a deal with Aston Barclay as they grew and pretty much killed FA overnight.

Not been the same since!

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:59 PM, L-P said:

Robins and Day used to put all their trade stuff through Full Auction, so there used to be quite a lot of stock up for grabs on there. However they signed a deal with Aston Barclay as they grew and pretty much killed FA overnight.

Not been the same since!

Bought a car from Robins and Day through Full Auction, had a cherished plate so I called up to see if it was going with the car. Was told it was, so in my head it was making the car great value. Once I had it bought and collected they came back looking for the reg. Seems the previous owner had bought a new car from them, traded in his and some sales man fu*ked up somewhere and the plate wasn't transferred over.  I refused to give it back as it was worth £800 and had been told it was mine. I got booted off the site but didn't care as I had had enough of their poor appraisals anyhow.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Scooby who said:

I refused to give it back as it was worth £800 and had been told it was mine

Should of retailed the car back to them :D, they have their plate back then 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Should of retailed the car back to them :D, they have their plate back then 

Or sold the plate back for retail ...  

13 hours ago, Scooby who said:

I got booted off the site but didn't care as I had had enough of their poor appraisals anyhow.

So you bought the car as per it’s auction description, after the event the vendor then thinks they can come back to cherry pick the reg. and then, to cap it all, the auction site terminates your account. What sort of cockeyed management is that? They deserve to go under.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 1:12 PM, BHM said:

So you bought the car as per it’s auction description, after the event the vendor then thinks they can come back to cherry pick the reg. and then, to cap it all, the auction site terminates your account. What sort of cockeyed management is that? They deserve to go under.

Well description didn't mention the reg so I called up Full Auction staff who contacted Robins and Day to confirm it was going with the car. 

I was fuming at the time because I would say every member of Robins & Day sales team called me to demand it back. It all got messy when I demanded money for it and for a finish the sales man told me to fu*k off. Then Full Auction got involved and told me I was no longer welcome on their site, it was clear the vendor meant more to them than I.

I found the ex-owners phone number in the service receipt and called him to see if he wanted to buy it back off me (Demanding they pay) but he told me he now had his eye on an ever nicer reg that they were going to have to pay for. Ended up selling it for £760 after. All in all I did myself a favour as I never had to log back in scrolling through shi*e ever again.

Robins & Day still have me on their mailing list though, and invite me round to all sorts of events they hold during the year. Might show up drunk at the next one and verbally abuse the staff 

Edited by Scooby who
  • Haha 1