NH MOTORS

Hello and Good Day

Hello cruel crazy convoluted(thats a big word) world

I'm NH, you can call me 'eN' (the E is silent) starting off in my venture into the motor industry.

a dabble here,
a dabble there,
all I'm looking for is to find my chair,
but all I seem to do is lose my hair!

Ok, lets get serious..

I thank you guys for being here, you guys are super helpful and this forum is invaluable,
I plan to learn and eventually earn my way on here and out there in the real world! 

I plan to overstay my welcome for as long as possible btw, thanks for having me.
Thanks Guys!!! :D

14 minutes ago, NH MOTORS said:

Hello cruel crazy convoluted(thats a big word) world

I'm NH, you can call me 'eN' (the E is silent) starting off in my venture into the motor industry.

a dabble here,
a dabble there,
all I'm looking for is to find my chair,
but all I seem to do is lose my hair!

Ok, lets get serious..

I thank you guys for being here, you guys are super helpful and this forum is invaluable,
I plan to learn and eventually earn my way on here and out there in the real world! 

I plan to overstay my welcome for as long as possible btw, thanks for having me.
Thanks Guys!!! :D

Welcome mate ntmu and thank you for the humour wish you all the best in your new venture .. 

Thanks for welcoming me with open ......  arms! (too early) 

So just getting a hang of how to navigate on this forum, so bare with me guys.

I'm a part time sole trader, with the intention of becoming full time and eventually 
manufacturing electric automobiles. Bringing Britain Back to the future. 

I have a background in both mechanics and the arts so this will be interesting! 

They say if your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough, so I want you all to be afraid
BE VERY AFRAID 

Thanks again :)

PS, Ok, lets get seriou (hello to you too) 

Edited by NH MOTORS
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NH MOTORS said:

I'm a part time sole trader, with the intention of becoming full time and eventually 
manufacturing electric automobiles. Bringing Britain Back to the future.

I'm Voting V8's :lol: petrol :wub:

But I might let the wife have electric , stop her putting her foot down :) as much . 

Just had a new XFR , smaller super charger pulley , rear boxes replaced with smaller stainless ones  , re map  700 bhp and sounds like heaven on tarmac :wub:

Good luck with the dreams mind , cant beat an achiever looking for better things 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Just had a new XFR

In 2014, I sold my XKR and it is the only car I have ever regretted selling, I actually regretted it instantly and have done since.

Yesterday, that all changed when I bought myself another one and as I pulled out of Blackbushe sideways yesterday and pretty much for the rest of the day, I remembered exactly why I love them so much.

I am almost certain this one has been breathed on because it seems so much quicker than my last one.

Welcome NH motors - your post made me laugh.

Ref the slightly off topic XFR chat - are you guys brave enough to turn off the traction control ? I fancy having a go but am fearful of ending up facing the wrong way. Do these cars "bite!"

Has to be done , It actually changes the whole dynamics of the car , Side ways everywhere , I always have a play when tyres get to 3mm then fit new ones cos they just go smooth in a day :lol:

4 hours ago, Mark101 said:

In 2014, I sold my XKR and it is the only car I have ever regretted selling, I actually regretted it instantly and have done since.

Yesterday, that all changed when I bought myself another one and as I pulled out of Blackbushe sideways yesterday and pretty much for the rest of the day, I remembered exactly why I love them so much.

I am almost certain this one has been breathed on because it seems so much quicker than my last one.

I absolutely love these cars , the sound , handling and Torque are just addictive aren't they , if it hasn't had the rear boxes changed you honestly must do it , Enjoy the power :D

14 minutes ago, tradex said:

on a wet road they can be fairly exciting from my experience

On a wet road they are embarrassing sometimes , Set of lights near us one Sunday , Hissing down with rain , Punto on lights with old lady in it , left me for dead , I couldn't get the power down   :( she was laughing at me bless her , Made her church run anyway :lol:

.. Surely you could outrun a Punto with a light throttle until you got off the mark?! Are they "manageably driftable" for the inexperienced with the traction off or are they a real handful and tend to keep the TC on?

6 minutes ago, Huggins said:

.. Surely you could outrun a Punto with a light throttle until you got off the mark?! Are they "manageably driftable" for the inexperienced with the traction off or are they a real handful and tend to keep the TC on?

Make sure you get someone to film, look at the camera and say watch this before attempting any drifts. Whats the worst that can happen.

Haha Rory yes this is the concern! I tried one back in the day in a 200sx and ended up facing the way i'd came! I suspect I have a heavy right foot, a lack of finesses and not enough talent to turn off the traction .

23 minutes ago, Huggins said:

700 bhp wet road , touch the gas and it spins , lift touch and it spins , gentle momentum and get it going yes , but the punto was then in front and the lanes closed lol:rolleyes:

Inexperienced drivers should not turn traction off oh no oh my god no . two ways to turn it off , limited and then OFF boy that's fun but the world turns sideways :)

Yes its manageable but its not for the inexperienced ,  

20 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Make sure you get someone to film, look at the camera and say watch this before attempting any drifts. Whats the worst that can happen.

Number of 360's rotations would be my guess :o before reversing thru the hedge in a pile of tyre smoke  :lol: 

I am seriously tempted to get a set of Miltek exhausts fitted but the thing is deafeningly loud anyway. Three neighbours came out this morning for a look.

On a serious note, the car can be a handful and in the wet, probably the slowest car I have driven. I need a bigger gap to pull out (in the wet) than in a 1.0l Micra because it will simply sit and spin.

With traction control on, you can look like a hero - with it off you're a brave man in the rain.

This is a video I took of my final drive in my old XKR before chopping it in for a E350 cab.

6 hours ago, David Horgan said:

I'm Voting V8's :lol: petrol :wub:

But I might let the wife have electric , stop her putting her foot down :) as much . 

Just had a new XFR , smaller super charger pulley , rear boxes replaced with smaller stainless ones  , re map  700 bhp and sounds like heaven on tarmac :wub:

Good luck with the dreams mind , cant beat an achiever looking for better things 

You become what you think about so they say on the film the secret David so got to dream big just call me Casper Clark lol 

Well this post went rather sideways, just like a "Jag" (clarkson voice)

I'm already loving the discussions you guys have, thanks again for welcoming me,

Now if you want to go sideways for a few hundred quid without care, MX-5 (old, new dos not matter) 

As for the electrics, they are on another level off the line, that instant power gives you such a rush without making any noise, i'm sure everyone knows about reaching a climax discreetly :)

So what's the key to a dry sideways pull out with no TC.. without stacking it! Plant throttle to get it unstuck whilst turning.. then what? 

You can get an X pipe on these for sound and keep stock rear pipes,probably cheaper option. Having said that if the neighbours are hearing you start it up, then it sounds like it's already been tweaked?!.. as these are pretty conservative exhaust noise wise from the factory, especially at start up / idle. 

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

I am seriously tempted to get a set of Miltek exhausts fitted but the thing is deafeningly loud anyway. Three neighbours came out this morning for a look.

On a serious note, the car can be a handful and in the wet, probably the slowest car I have driven. I need a bigger gap to pull out (in the wet) than in a 1.0l Micra because it will simply sit and spin.

With traction control on, you can look like a hero - with it off you're a brave man in the rain.

This is a video I took of my final drive in my old XKR before chopping it in for a E350 cab.

Great vid and some nice open roads in your neck of the woods Mark. 

Where was camera fitted? Rear window? Captured exhaust note well. Which camera is this as its good quality footage. 

Wtf? Well that’s 4 minutes of my life I’m not gonna get back .... was expecting a donut or two 

16 hours ago, NH MOTORS said:

Well this post went rather sideways, just like a "Jag" (clarkson voice)

I'm already loving the discussions you guys have, thanks again for welcoming me,

Now if you want to go sideways for a few hundred quid without care, MX-5 (old, new dos not matter) 

As for the electrics, they are on another level off the line, that instant power gives you such a rush without making any noise, i'm sure everyone knows about reaching a climax discreetly :)

Sorry N 

Your post fuelled a fast car topic , It happens :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tradex said:

How much are decent branded boots for these at the moment? Tyres prices are on the rise for sure. 

Off topic but strangely I just can't source 16 245 50 Z (or V rated) in the UK anymore for my Trans Am and friend with a porker has similar problems.

I've had to purchase from Italy, along with my Panda rear bumpers that fit straight on at £49 delivered:D

I was just going to ask David that question because these 20" are all on about 3mm and quickly approaching slicks.

I have had the car 2.5 days and just filled up for the second time - worth every single bloody hard earned penny. Had someone ask me how much the tax was, I said, I wouldn't let that concern you :lol:

2 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I was just going to ask David that question because these 20" are all on about 3mm and quickly approaching slicks

I've always fitted DUNLOPS  Jag Rated Tyres as its what they came with .

Rears £360 inc VAT a pair ,  Fronts £240 Inc VAT a pair , 

1 hour ago, tradex said:

If you need ask how much the road tax is.... :D

Tyre Price above pal .

Road tax lol "who cares " :) with that amount of power 

2 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

I've always fitted DUNLOPS  Jag Rated Tyres as its what they came with .

Rears £360 inc VAT a pair ,  Fronts £240 Inc VAT a pair , 

I budgeted on £250 a corner, so I am happy with that but I thought Pirelli were OEM.