NacMan

BCA condition report

Its one thing after another with BCAs poor reports...

Last week the service history wasn't anything near what the lot stated, alongside the a/c vents smashed in, door handle chrome ripped away and then on my drive back the radiator cap was loose! Luckily I smelt it before it burnt out. The manager keeps delaying stating hes waiting for the vendor to reply! Joke!

This week my 1 series was driven over by a bca logistics driver, I think he waited until it was dark until he got here as he was delaying a lot. The bumper was scuffed in two places bigger than my hand, not on the report, the door was scratched over 100mm thru paint bca stated 25mm, the boot was soiled heavy alongside the leather seats and floor mats were 3 instead of 4 the report said lightly soiled, the doorpockets were full of ash, rubbish and the roof lining too with cigarette packets. I may be picky but this was a grade 3!

How much would you say these damages are worth?

I know it not always possible but i always try and view in person or send someone i trust to do so even get to know one contact in the each auction centre

all auctions grading is only as good as the man grading it I've seen grades 3 thats should have been grade 2s and seen grade 1s that should have been 2s in-fact i asked once if they had now employed stevie wonder and ray Charles to do there grading   

I just put it down as part of the job now . Though sometimes in works the other way too bought a focus st that was graded a 2 had a tiny and i mean tiny mark on it and that was it  

Edited by Casper

When at the block I sometimes see total pigs getting knocked down to the Internet for decent money & think sarcastically ‘that’ll be a nice surprise for the buyer’.

A couple of times recently I’ve dipped my toe into the chilly waters of online bidding. To summarise, it’s just as well I have a painter & mechanic who work for next to f.a. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BHM said:

When at the block I sometimes see total pigs getting knocked down to the Internet for decent money & think sarcastically ‘that’ll be a nice surprise for the buyer’.

A couple of times recently I’ve dipped my toe into the chilly waters of online bidding. To summarise, it’s just as well I have a painter & mechanic who work for next to f.a. :lol:

100 percent agree with your comments . Ive seen it a few times as well and thought wait till he sees the other side . 

Every single BCA has a different set of standards when looking at grading cars . 

As BHM Says we see it all the time when at auctions , Complete chunks of mis described crap going online  for good money . 

Poor Previous repair , Whole side of car Badly painted 

Windscreen missed on report , Cracked .

Pan Roof Cracked , Not on report 

13 hours ago, Casper said:

I know it not always possible but i always try and view in person or send someone i trust to do so even get to know one contact in the each auction centre

all auctions grading is only as good as the man grading it I've seen grades 3 thats should have been grade 2s and seen grade 1s that should have been 2s in-fact i asked once if they had now employed stevie wonder and ray Charles to do there grading   

I just put it down as part of the job now . Though sometimes in works the other way too bought a focus st that was graded a 2 had a tiny and i mean tiny mark on it and that was it  

Well the 1 series, the pulley is jumping, the engines squeaking away and theres now an oil like. Im never touching an Alphabet car again and I am rejecting the vehicle :lol:

24 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Every single BCA has a different set of standards when looking at grading cars . 

As BHM Says we see it all the time when at auctions , Complete chunks of mis described crap going online  for good money . 

Poor Previous repair , Whole side of car Badly painted 

Windscreen missed on report , Cracked .

Pan Roof Cracked , Not on report 

They have to pay you out or take the vehicle back as its misdescribed

If I keep this now ill have it back with me in a week when I sell it .

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Well the 1 series, the pulley is jumping, the engines squeaking away and theres now an oil like. Im never touching an Alphabet car again and I am rejecting the vehicle :lol:

They have to pay you out or take the vehicle back as its misdescribed

If I keep this now ill have it back with me in a week when I sell it .

I agree with bhm and David on this one though I get your point nacman 

Edited by Casper

22 minutes ago, Casper said:

I agree with bhm and David on this one though I get your point nacman 

So you think I should keep a knackered car they have appraised totally wrong.

40 minutes ago, NacMan said:

So you think I should keep a knackered car they have appraised totally wrong.

No as I said I get your point so I'm saying you should call them and take it up with them 

But in general as per the appraisal as I said in the previous post it's down to whose  appreasing them as I said earlier some times I think it's done by Stevie wonder and ray Charles I've seen a grade 1 that I would grade a 3 and vice Versa but that's went on years and we are never going to change it 

also if you or I put a car in you can bet they would look more favourable on a car from a large dealer group etc than a small motor trader with there grading as an auction manager once said to me straight from his mouth they don't care about the buyer there contract is to do the best for there sellers so no point arguing . I don't agree it is right but it's the way it's always been unfournately 

however I do wish you all the best by all means call and explain your situation focus more on the engine troubles if it was me  see if you can get something sorted and keep up posted 

I wish you all the best and good luck 

Edited by Casper

12 minutes ago, Casper said:

No as I said I get your point so I'm saying you should call them and take it up with them 

But in general as per the appraisal as I said in the previous post it's down to whose  appreasing them as I said earlier some times I think it's done by Stevie wonder and ray Charles I've seen a grade 1 that I would grade a 3 and vice Versa but that's went on years and we are never going to change it 

also if you or I put a car in you can bet they would look more favourable on a car from a large dealer group etc than a small motor trader with there grading as an auction manager once said to me straight from his mouth they don't care about the buyer there contract is to do the best for there sellers so no point arguing . I don't agree it is right but it's the way it's always been unfournately 

however I do wish you all the best by all means call and explain your situation focus more on the engine troubles if it was me  see if you can get something sorted and keep up posted 

I wish you all the best and good luck 

Thanks. Casper I think I mis understood.

I have contacted them the day the driver brought it to me. Monday I should have something back. No matter who appraises them if it isn't appraised right they should be sacked:lol:

2 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Thanks. Casper I think I mis understood.

I have contacted them the day the driver brought it to me. Monday I should have something back. No matter who appraises them if it isn't appraised right they should be sacked:lol:

No worries .. the thing is I guess a lot of the people who appraise them don't come from a motor trade background I actually know a guy he used to do to it he was a photographer before that 

6 minutes ago, Casper said:

No worries .. the thing is I guess a lot of the people who appraise them don't come from a motor trade background I actually know a guy he used to do to it he was a photographer before that

One guy in Notts BCA doesn't even look at them properly , just wanders round noting a few things down , I wouldn't pay him in bent washers . 

All this appraisal looks good on paper or when they all talk about ,it but in reality how can it work . They can only use set phrases to describe what they see if they look in the first place . 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

One guy in Notts BCA doesn't even look at them properly , just wanders round noting a few things down , I wouldn't pay him in bent washers . 

All this appraisal looks good on paper or when they all talk about ,it but in reality how can it work . They can only use set phrases to describe what they see if they look in the first place . 

I do.my own appraisals david lol when on site thing is I've guys  calling me up to look over cars at the auctions cause they also don't trust the grading system  as you say it just to look good on paper half the time 

47 minutes ago, Casper said:

I do.my own appraisals david lol when on site thing is I've guys  calling me up to look over cars at the auctions cause they also don't trust the grading system  as you say it just to look good on paper half the time 

Which BCA are you generally at? Could take a look at some cars for me :lol:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, twerp said:

A disproportionate amount of Alphabet cars are knackered

So there all shit? And dont follow the report?

42 minutes ago, twerp said:

A disproportionate amount of Alphabet cars are knackered

Reckon they will accept the return?

1 hour ago, NacMan said:

Which BCA are you generally at? Could take a look at some cars for me :lol:

Haha knew that was coming . No lol .. i only really do it now for guys I've worked for and did work with in the past or businesses I'm involved with as well as my own stuff .im only involved with 4 close friends now as well as my own own stuff as i said before any spare time i have after now is spend caring for my dad who has dementia and Alzheimer's .and to be honest i know we all need to make a living but as long as i get by he the most important thing he's looked after me now its my turn

Ah right. So what do you think will they fix the pulley or take the car back and the scuffs and scratches extra

9 hours ago, BHM said:

Happened to me the other day, 1st time online bidding as well, everything stacked up on the car and it was supposedly a grade 3. In reality, the car is total creature, grade 4 at best. Had I of been at the block, wouldn’t even have bid on it. Will be a while before I try online again I think. 

11 minutes ago, JDM1983 said:

Happened to me the other day, 1st time online bidding as well, everything stacked up on the car and it was supposedly a grade 3. In reality, the car is total creature, grade 4 at best. Had I of been at the block, wouldn’t even have bid on it. Will be a while before I try online again I think. 

Are you returning or getting anything knocked off? I don't pay extra fees online to have shit sent to my door. I always bid online very rare I have issues

1 minute ago, NacMan said:

Are you returning or getting anything knocked off? I don't pay extra fees online to have shit sent to my door. I always bid online very rare I have issues

No, I’ve just swallowed it. 

3 minutes ago, JDM1983 said:

No, I’ve just swallowed it. 

I'm not taking a piece of shit 

Lol, why should I keep there wrongly appraised 

42 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Ah right. So what do you think will they fix the pulley or take the car back and the scuffs and scratches extra

They may fix the pulley if it's not on the bca report I doubt if they will take it back though you may be lucky keep us  posted 

3 minutes ago, Casper said:

They may fix the pulley if it's not on the bca report I doubt if they will take it back though you may be lucky keep us  posted 

Yes everything was green on the mechanical report. I had an A3 a while back 14 plate noise on the engine and the door had a huge scratch down it. They took it back but that was when we were on a black card so that may have helped. I suppose we will just have to wait an see. Should get a call tomorrow.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NacMan said:

I'm not taking a piece of shit 

Lol, why should I keep there wrongly appraised 

Fair enough. I don’t buy much though so I don’t fancy my chances.