Arfur Dealy

Where have all the "what's the lasta Prica brigade gone?"

Serious point this... I cannot remember the last time a jolly foreigner has rung or emailed asking this for a long time...... neither am I getting "will you take £xxxx"..... are they all now on PCP's.....

Edited by Arfur Dealy

1 minute ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Serious point this... I cannot remember the last time a jolly foreigner has rung or emailed asking this for a long time...... neither am I getting "will you take £xxxx"..... are they all now on PCP's.....

Brexit 

22 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

In what way ?

Scared of a recession.

9 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

All gone home

I used to get the "lasta prica" continually via eBay, but for me eBay has now died. AT works.

10 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I used to get the "lasta prica" continually via eBay, but for me eBay has now died. AT works.

Same here 

I had it today from some foreign gentleman who was in viewing our old Porsche Cayenne. Needless to say he didn’t buy.

Still one on Autotrademail.  No matter what the car he sends a stupid low offer which I never respond to.  Must get some results otherwise he would not do it.

49 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

I had it today from some foreign gentleman who was in viewing our old Porsche Cayenne. Needless to say he didn’t buy.

I had a few on my Porsche cayenne waste of time the lot.

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Ebay is simply a waste of time and more importantly money.....OK for odd ball gear, sold my Proton GTi on there OK recently but bread n butter gear is pointless. 

Strange how what works for some doesn’t work for others. I binned eBay earlier this year as interest seriously dried up and tried AT on a PAYG basis. For me AT was worse, even priced keenly the phone still wasn’t ringing so back to eBay I went and I’ve had the best two months I’ve had all year.

I still get the occasional “last price” enquiry this month but for some reason the BIG question recently has been “has the cambelt been changed?” 

True to form, absolutely NONE of these shithead cambelt enquiries has led anywhere.

It's why I love a Merc (amongst other reasons).

Edited by Mark101

12 hours ago, Mark101 said:

It's why I love a Merc (amongst other reasons).

Without a shadow of doubt Mercs are the best. 

17 minutes ago, tradex said:

Well I've just had a proper messer from AT on a Picasso.....wanted to come today but NO WAY JOSE, come tomorrow after watching the video please...

Then got a reply to the video and he now feels the miles are too high (in advert of course) his budget is 30% under the sticker price and he doesn't want a grey one.....ermm right OK, that would of been a great afternoon then:unsure:

What you never offered to paint it for him lol :lol: some people eh 

4 minutes ago, tradex said:

My reply was the usual "it's a car, not a chameleon" ;) but just another bored Sunday messer, which is why I haven't opened in decades on Sundays B)

Lol he will be asking you if there's air in tyres next 

3 hours ago, tradex said:

My reply was the usual "it's a car, not a chameleon" ;) but just another bored Sunday messer, which is why I haven't opened in decades on Sundays B)

Here! Here! :lol:

22 hours ago, tradex said:

Well I've just had a proper messer from AT on a Picasso.....wanted to come today but NO WAY JOSE, come tomorrow after watching the video please...

Then got a reply to the video and he now feels the miles are too high (in advert of course) his budget is 30% under the sticker price and he doesn't want a grey one.....ermm right OK, that would of been a great afternoon then:unsure:

Genuinely interested people will work around you, people that want to view it “NOW!” and no other time is possible are usually messers. 

On 11/1/2019 at 7:14 AM, BHM said:

I still get the occasional “last price” enquiry this month but for some reason the BIG question recently has been “has the cambelt been changed?” 

True to form, absolutely NONE of these shithead cambelt enquiries has led anywhere.

Unless it's something VAG where the first question is always has the cambelt been changed, my response to people asking that now is "is it a belt or a chain?" 

99% of them say "ooh I don't know", then they quickly change the subject and it's never mentioned again because they don't know and it's just something that they have heard somewhere before and think they should be asking it. 

28 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

Genuinely interested people will work around you, people that want to view it “NOW!” and no other time is possible are usually messers. 

+1.

1 hour ago, J.T said:

Unless it's something VAG where the first question is always has the cambelt been changed, my response to people asking that now is "is it a belt or a chain?" 

I’ve just switched on eBay to which I saw I’d had an email regarding a VW. Guess what he was asking about......:lol:

WTF is wrong with VAG men? On Friday one of them phoned up with the same question to which I answered “Yes, over the years it’s had a few actually”. He thanked me for the information & rang off! What’s that all about?

I have a gentleman on eBay who has offered me a great deal, £1500 for my £4500 Porsche Cayenne, I told him We would be happy to accept that offer, I’ll wait till he turns up then tell him it just sold the minute before he arrived :lol:

14 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

I have a gentleman on eBay who has offered me a great deal, £1500 for my £4500 Porsche Cayenne, I told him We would be happy to accept that offer, I’ll wait till he turns up then tell him it just sold the minute before he arrived :lol:

Are  you the chap that offered £1500?   Really.... someone else just turned up I sold it for a grand. Can't beleive this I thought you weren't coming.

:lol:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Are  you the chap that offered £1500?   Really.... someone else just turned up I sold it for a grand. Can't beleive this I thought you weren't coming.

:lol:

:lol: LIKE

• Haha 1