Sign in to follow this  
metcars

What do we think of this then?

I think that is great - put all the crap under one Group.

Be easier to filter my auction searches.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't realise FCA sold anywhere near 5 million cars?! Some great brands but other than ageing 500's and yank pick ups i'd be hard pressed to know what else they sell in volume.

Both realise they cant survive on their strong home markets alone, guess they are after the r&d and various shared euro build platforms? one of the reasons vag group are winning, something like 10+ models now produced off the golf platform alone?

4 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

Both realise they cant survive on their strong home markets alone, guess they are after the r&d and various shared euro build platforms? one of the reasons vag group are winning, something like 10+ models now produced off the golf platform alone?

I think they are hoping to share EV development?

So the French are going to sidestep EU regs with secret subsidies and get away with it.It is the same in the steel industry.Meanwhile the UK follow the rules to the letter and huge plants in difficulty employing thousands get closed down.

• Sad 1

Yes probably, much catching up to do:blink:....it's strange though how each group would have no realistic chance of selling each others product in their own home market.

3 minutes ago, trade vet said:

So the French are going to sidestep EU regs with secret subsidies and get away with it.It is the same in the steel industry.Meanwhile the UK follow the rules to the letter and huge plants in difficulty employing thousands get closed down.

yes as with others, its going to be interesting to see who's government backs its brands regarding cost and it's own labour force, could get a bit wobbly here with two thirds of production here already LHD export.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

.......could get a bit wobbly here with two thirds of production here already LHD export.

Worrying

Who wouldn't want a Citroen Berlingo with an 8.4 litre V10 Dodge Viper engine, I think it's a great idea. :D

• Like 1

Can't see this ending well. 

Which country will actually be in charge? Do PSA (who I'd think sell nothing in the States) think this will open up the US market to them where few other than the Japanese and Germans have succeeded? Do FCA think this will open up France and Germany to them?

I can see profitability rising although volumes falling, which I guess (falling volumes) might be the future for all their brands.

The French subsiding of factories might cause a few internal conflicts too.

I fear Vauxhall will have no future manufacturing in the UK,. The Leave campaign forecast Brexit would see the end fo manufacturing in the UK and it's happening before we even get to Brexit. Can't say I think remaining in an EU where rules are flouted by other countries will help either.

14 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I think that is great - put all the crap under one Group.

Be easier to filter my auction searches.

hehehehe brilliant

12 hours ago, CCC said:

I fear Vauxhall will have no future manufacturing in the UK,. The Leave campaign forecast Brexit would see the end fo manufacturing in the UK and it's happening before we even get to Brexit. Can't say I think remaining in an EU where rules are flouted by other countries will help either.

Don't forget that when we do leave the gloves will come off. I can't see any european business wanted us to succeed? Let's be honest, the French have hated us since the end of WW2 for some inexplicable reason?

15 hours ago, tradex said:

FiAT haven't really handled Alfa that well truth be told, sales are a fraction of what they were. 

The biggest shame is that the group are killing the JEEP brand, the real gem in that lot. 

With the German stuff becoming so mass market they could have really made so much more of Alfa, despite the crap build you used to see loads of them on the roads, same with Cherokees. 

On 10/31/2019 at 5:58 PM, J.T said:

Who wouldn't want a Citroen Berlingo with an 8.4 litre V10 Dodge Viper engine, I think it's a great idea. :D

......but just imagine the secondhand punters 10 years down the line. Even if you advertised it for 50p the greedy bastards would whinge about the £570 road tax.

On 11/1/2019 at 9:21 PM, BHM said:

......but just imagine the secondhand punters 10 years down the line. Even if you advertised it for 50p the greedy bastards would whinge about the £570 road tax.

In ten years time the VED would be £5700?