MarkTVS

Cars on your don’t buy list?

13 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

just Taken a Dodge Journeyman or some rubbish in part ex. Just driven it 2 miles and the gearbox shat itself. 2 and a half grand down the swanny. Lovely start to the week.

Not so good mate 

22 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Sorry to hear that mate - just what you need on a Monday morning.  Best or worst job in the world.

They're VW engines and boxes no?

Well fork 1 and fork 4 permanent fault. Hoping it can somehow be reset and just needs fluid. I’ll throw it into the block I guess if I can get it going.

58 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

just Taken a Dodge Journeyman or some rubbish in part ex. Just driven it 2 miles and the gearbox shat itself. 2 and a half grand down the swanny. Lovely start to the week.

Oh shit, terrible. Lovely punters, at least you shouldn’t hear back from them regarding any warranty issues. If you don’t entertain a repair keep it for a few weeks & any complaints just bounce it back into them. 

On a more light hearted note perhaps ahanhyper can give us some useful insight into this problem? 

• Haha 1

Well the customer turned up today. Drove 15 miles to drop off the locking wheel nut and bought an 18 month extended warranty on the Q7 he bought from us.... 

his such a lovely customer I don’t even feel he knew it had a problem, or it even had a problem when I turned up.

when I test drove it, it was fine..... just pure bad luck on this one I think. He just seemed far too innocent and nice.

4 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Not a good start to your week my friend . Hope it work out for you with the oil change and reset . 

1 hour ago, chrishowie said:

I try and avoid anything VAG. Over priced and always major issues.....

VAG stuff is good when its had a Chain Kit , guides , tensioners , oil service , New Manifold on the petrols ,  EGR On the diesels , turbo rebuild , DSG box sorted out .Oh new engine on the 1.4 super charged /turbo engines  Long as VAG parts are fitted it just about allows you to break even as long as you pay labour and do it yourself .

:D

All our vag stuff is decent. Not sure what all the fuss is about. We sell bundles of it and have hardly no issues

12 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

All our vag stuff is decent. Not sure what all the fuss is about. We sell bundles of it and have hardly no issues

What about the punters on them? 

13 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

To be fair, I have had a couple of DPF/EGR issues but other than that, VAG has done ok for me.

But......I am so bored of answering the timing belt question.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mark101 said:

But......I am so bored of answering the timing belt question.

Depressingly even when you answer “Yes” with these guys it leads nowhere.

’Cambelt men’ aren’t buyers.

23 hours ago, BHM said:

What about the punters on them? 

No different to your mini / Volvo / fiat 500 customers.... they are all liars lol 

On 10/28/2019 at 1:09 PM, David Horgan said:

Not a good start to your week my friend . Hope it work out for you with the oil change and reset . 

VAG stuff is good when its had a Chain Kit , guides , tensioners , oil service , New Manifold on the petrols ,  EGR On the diesels , turbo rebuild , DSG box sorted out .Oh new engine on the 1.4 super charged /turbo engines  Long as VAG parts are fitted it just about allows you to break even as long as you pay labour and do it yourself .

:D

hehe good point