NOACROSS

Do they know?!

22 hours ago, Stalker said:

The newer Mercedes engines are made from the same chocolate as the BMW engines are.

I believe the best (least problematic) engine in Mercedes-Benz’s range happens to be of French design and often bolted into cars of a Romany persuasion.

7 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Yes that begs me to ask... These cars with 5 and 7 year warrantys do they have any major issues within warranty period?

A brand name is just hype. Mercedes charges £60+ vat for a tow eye cover....on an old cls....

Con !

Theres an old gent lives not far from me he had is own building company was involved in coal mining open-casting etc he drove a mercedes or bmw all his life at the time would buy a mercedes then change it every few years or a bmw which ever took his fancy even seen him with passats a4 etc over the years he has since retired in his 70s maybe early 80s he retired in 2011 and bought himself a new c class which he still has as has only goes for papers milk etc now 

recently he has sold/pxs his wife's car i think it was a Clio she had and bought her a Dacia duster i don't know if he is getting old but he swears it is a great car lovely to drive feels well built and he prefers driving it to the mercedes

Edited by Casper
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Casper said:

recently he has sold/pxs his wife's car i think it was a Clio she had and bought her a Dacia duster i don't know if he is getting old but he swears it a great car lovely to drive feels well built and he prefers driving it to the mercedes

Very well screwed together with very few issues. All tried & tested technology with few surprises and drive absolutely spot on.

I know the German badge snobs ignorantly sneer at them (most of these people are incapable of forming their own thoughts independently of their peers) and I’m of the age that remembers when cheaper new cars were fucking shit (Yugo Zastava anyone?) so have an underlining suspicion BUT these really are very good cars and quite rightly have an excellent reputation.

21 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Heated seats don't work unless engine is running on Merc, electric seat adjustment does - so you might be on to something there.

I'm not into these things being a coincidence really , we've all had this happen  , but this car in question was stood a while which is not good for battery life , ran ok for a short distance to fuel st  then pooped its self when customers have the doors open , lights on radio on heated rear screen and every bloody electric switch they can find to prove it works on , just seems like a killer switch to a weak battery , Iv'e even had customers look like they are trying to flatten the battery to have a moan , we now have a policy " No keys unless we are with the car " No bonnets open unless we are present , Customer DONT remove oil caps , dipsticks , radiator caps or operate switches . Funny enough that so called coincidence has never happened again .

Yup- for sure they don’t like sitting. The junk has already had a new battery a few weeks ago. 
I was watching the customers. All they did was open it, open the drivers door and the tailgate. 
Ha. oh well..next time. 

Funny addendum: could I find the keys yesterday? No. Searched everywhere & gave up (after grabbing the tree branch again in my mind). 
I eventually find them in the service history to another car and that car’s key in the  Mercedes box. 
Idiot day. Note to self:wake up. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Mercedes charges £60+ vat for a tow eye cover....on an old cls....

Con !

They are free at your local supermarket car park! :D

Just don't let the police catch you :ph34r:

40 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

I'm not into these things being a coincidence really , we've all had this happen  , but this car in question was stood a while which is not good for battery life , ran ok for a short distance to fuel st  then pooped its self when customers have the doors open , lights on radio on heated rear screen and every bloody electric switch they can find to prove it works on , just seems like a killer switch to a weak battery , Iv'e even had customers look like they are trying to flatten the battery to have a moan , we now have a policy " No keys unless we are with the car " No bonnets open unless we are present , Customer DONT remove oil caps , dipsticks , radiator caps or operate switches . Funny enough that so called coincidence has never happened again .

Never took a loss and never had a flat battery on a sales car bloody hell Dave you are like the God of car sales :lol:

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 1:51 PM, Rory RSC said:

Never took a loss and never had a flat battery on a sales car bloody hell Dave you are like the God of car sales :lol:

My sons a mechanical prep genius my friend , that's my secret weapon .

Regarding the no losses well I'm known as the smiling assassin here , a loss isn't acceptable  in my head . 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 1:32 PM, NOACROSS said:

Had a hot lead on an Eclass I hate that we've have had for ages.  Nice car, priced OK, should have sold.

Appointment arranged yesterday for today at 12:30.  Customer sounds like the one for it.  Local too.

Nice and clean already, but treated to a quick going over yesterday.  Started, left running a while, moved, turned off, tried again late afternoon- all OK.

This morning I start it up, leave it running whilst I get it out from its spot, take it on a three mile round trip and get some fuel at the same time.  Starts fine at the petrol station, drives lovely on the way back.  Reversed back on the site.  Shammy'd off, done the tyres- lovely jubbly.  

Turn it off, get on with the next job.

Punter and his wife turn up just about on time- brill.  Look round it, in and out a bit for five minutes max.  Can we go for a drive?  Of course you can..... fill out test drive log....

Put trade plates on, take stickers out....

Who knows where this is going?! 

Yup...'click'. 'Click'.... aghhh!

Sorry Mister Customer, let me get the booster box on it.  Walk to office to get booster.  Alarm goes off.....(really loud) and car is near the office.

Put the booster on, notice it's flat too...

Customer's wife says(shouting) 'Oh that's not very good. Must have a problem'  

Won't let me grab the other booster- fair enough, it is pissing down, it doesn't start and the alarm is going off!

Off they go.

Is it pub time yet?

Just sold one today after a long abstinence. Would not ever want to sell to Family/Friends but my wifes sister came to visit and saw a 2006 Auto CRV I have, and said she wanted it. Said to my wife it was like it was calling to her! It has sat on the drive for 2 weeks while she picked it up as she wanted it to be at the start of the month for tax purposes. Before this it ran faultless. Told me she will pick it up at 4 so after watching random youtubes I decide to put a bit of fuel in for free as she is 'family'.

On the way to the garage a nice ABS light decides to glow at me, so get back after trying to get rid of it with a few restarts and it just keeps glowing at me. 

Back home plug it into my scanner  and try to work out the fault and as I do this she turns up early at half past 3 ,so I then have to explain how it has been faultless up to this point whilst wanting to kick said CRV. So while she has a cup of tea I try to find the fault but the scanner (Delphi clone) cannot communicate with the CRV ABS system.

So I offer to either let her take the car now and I will sort it soon (brakes were ok) , or she can have a Jazz as a loaner while I sort it. So she says she will just run her own car till i sort it but can she drive it back to her house so she can get used to the Auto as she normally drives a manual.

What do you know , ABS light goes out and stays out after several starts.  So she takes it and I do say call me if ANYTHING goes wrong (3 months warranty) Everything is crossed! 

Edited by Mistermuttley
typo
  • Like 1