Sign in to follow this  
NacMan

Videos on autotrader and editing

How do you edit your videos for autotrader? Ive seen lovely cars videos are top, is it a long process. How long should they be?

4 hours ago, NacMan said:

How do you edit your videos for autotrader? Ive seen lovely cars videos are top, is it a long process. How long should they be?

Film it on iphone. Bang it on youtube. No editing. Honest unedited walk round.

39 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Film it on iphone. Bang it on youtube. No editing. Honest unedited walk round.

Ive done that lets see how my views go.

If you want to do an edited 1 minute vid instead of a walk around do 10, 6 second shots, then wack them into iMovie and edit, once you're in the swing each video shouldn't take more than 20mins

23 minutes ago, david gott said:

If you want to do an edited 1 minute vid instead of a walk around do 10, 6 second shots, then wack them into iMovie and edit, once you're in the swing each video shouldn't take more than 20mins

Thanks , what do you do yourself?

2 hours ago, david gott said:

David you make it sound too easy! :lol:

49 minutes ago, Mikey360 said:

David you make it sound too easy! :lol:

Haha it’s not easy at first, it’s an absolute pain in the arse!!! Although It’s like starting all over again using one of those bloody gimbals things!!

33 minutes ago, david gott said:

Haha it’s not easy at first, it’s an absolute pain in the arse!!! Although It’s like starting all over again using one of those bloody gimbals things!!

:lol: You'll get the hang of it I'm sure!

EPV recommended some great Video tips to me.

The Gimbal I have given up on (mind of its own) but the editing software is brilliant (Movavi).

Thanks guys I've made my video with windows photo editor windows 10 see how that goes :D

54 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

iMovie is simple and straightforward. Customers just want a brutally honest description / appraisal. 

Mine don’t. 

They just want a very nice car that looks very nice in a nice edited photo and sometimes video. 

The only brutal thing they ever really want is a divorce lawyer. 

5 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Mine don’t. 

They just want a very nice car that looks very nice in a nice edited photo and sometimes video. 

The only brutal thing they ever really want is a divorce lawyer. 

Nik, you are a video novice. I’m really glad now you’ve now finally taken my advice to embrace videos... hopefully my help will sell you more cars, listen and learn.

No. 

I did try, the views were low and it makes little difference. Haven’t done any in weeks. 

It’s all in the images for me. 

Brutally effective. 

Whatever it takes :-) 

2 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

No. 

I did try, the views were low and it makes little difference. Haven’t done any in weeks. 

It’s all in the images for me. 

Brutally effective. 

Whatever it takes :-) 

It was poor because you were poor. People buy from people, you need to gain a personality and sell yourself first... then features and benefits... basic stuff really 

More people bought from me than from you this month. As long that trend continues in the near future I will take small satisfaction from that. 

I’ll take it from here. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

More people bought from me than from you this month. As long that trend continues in the near future I will take small satisfaction from that. 

I’ll take it from here. 

Well, that's because I haven't been working and I own my own stock. I'm solvent, I'm not a bitch to a third party stocking loan company dictating running/controlling my business

33 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I’ll take it from here. 

Mind letting me take a look at some of your images?

4 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Mind letting me take a look at some of your images?

In the thread title you mentioned Lovely cars videos. Ironically this is what my website is called. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

In the thread title you mentioned Lovely cars videos. Ironically this is what my website is called. 

Lol, I was going to say I thought it was you! a lot of the guys on here said you were the best at pictures, what camera do you use because they are excellent images.

11 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Well, that's because I haven't been working and I own my own stock. I'm solvent, I'm not a bitch to a third party stocking loan company dictating running/controlling my business

You really are a complete and utter prick.

2 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

You really are a complete and utter prick.

Some one had to say it I suppose :lol:

+1.

I'll actually do a new post on unit stocking to address some common misconceptions that have been spread on this forum by people with limited knowledge and zero experience on the subject.