NacMan

AutoTrader

On a package with AutoTrader . Long story short they put my coordinates on a scrapyard , I feel that's putting people of coming to view and calling. Have I got a leg to stand on as they should've put it on my site? Or will they make some rubbish up. I only began on their package this month, will they offer me anything as they haven't followed protocol properly really.

Edited by NacMan

Autotrader follow google I'm thinking , cant see you getting anything from them  , it wont stop customers coming either , they just arrive outside the scrap yard and ring to ask where you are after following their sat nav . Still happens with us , customer rings and says cant find you were outside a post office :lol:

38 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Autotrader follow google I'm thinking , cant see you getting anything from them  , it wont stop customers coming either , they just arrive outside the scrap yard and ring to ask where you are after following their sat nav . Still happens with us , customer rings and says cant find you were outside a post office :lol:

I doubt that as Google business wasn't set up just set up recently . And a scrap yard with smashed up cars in a back alleyway? Really come on. Yep I had a customer ring the other day saying there outside a scrap yard of which then I clocked.

Your only option would be to move premises . :) but i agree with david it all about in general its about how cars are prepped your advert style in general etc I don't think it will put customers off either to be honest but do get your thinking about the scrap yard he means autotrader follow google maps with a postcode 

phone them up and explain to them see if they can help 

Edited by Casper
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NacMan said:

Really come on. Yep I had a customer ring the other day saying there outside a scrap yard of which then I clocked.

that's a really good opener in my mind . "[ rrrrring rrrrring ] Good morning its Nacman cars ,,,, [customer]  " Hello were outside a scrap yard , " Oh ok that's not the place to buy your next car is it:lol: , is the scrap yard on your right or left " . ok well let me tell how to find me and your next car then " 

See nac man you've put yourself over as humorous , nice ,well mannered sales guy before they've even met you,with just making the positive out of the so called negative . 

Lead into meeting them with haha now you can see we don't sell scrap , its that google maps thing " total pain it is :lol:", come in and let me show you this lovely  car . 

Edited by David Horgan
  • Like 1

Or we could milk some pennies out of AutoTrader before we do so :lol: they milk enough of us! But ye good idea :lol:

3 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

that's a really good opener in my mind . "[ rrrrring rrrrring ] Good morning its Nacman cars ,,,, [customer]  " Hello were outside a scrap yard , " Oh ok that's not the place to buy your next car is it:lol: , is the scrap yard on your right or left " . ok well let me tell how to find me and your next car then " 

See nac man you've put yourself over as humorous , nice ,well mannered sales guy before they've even met you,with just making the positive out of the so called negative . 

Lead into meeting them with haha now you can see we don't sell scrap , its that google maps thing " total pain it is :lol:", come in and let me show you this lovely  car . 

1 hour ago, Casper said:

Your only option would be to move premises . :) but i agree with david it all about in general its about how cars are prepped your advert style in general etc I don't think it will put customers off either to be honest but do get your thinking about the scrap yard he means autotrader follow google maps with a postcode 

phone them up and explain to them see if they can help 

My premises is next door to the scrap yard , and they've focused the coordinates on the scrap yard rather than our pitch therefore they have lazily done it.

6 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Or we could milk some pennies out of AutoTrader before we do so :lol: they milk enough of us! But ye good idea :lol:

My premises is next door to the scrap yard , and they've focused the coordinates on the scrap yard rather than our pitch therefore they have lazily done it.

I was only joking with new move premises but deffo phone and ask if they can help

2 minutes ago, Casper said:

I was only joking with new move premises but deffo phone and ask if they can help

Yes lol I was confused for a minute :lol: it must be putting some people off though getting over 15 views on each ad everyday for 25 days without call, it must be something to do with a scrapyard shown as our premesis with cars in the picture piled ontop of each other behind a ruined wall:blink:. If that's the case it's been a waste of a months advertising! Hopefully they kncok me something of my bill:lol:

5 hours ago, NacMan said:

Yes lol I was confused for a minute :lol: it must be putting some people off though getting over 15 views on each ad everyday for 25 days without call, it must be something to do with a scrapyard shown as our premesis with cars in the picture piled ontop of each other behind a ruined wall:blink:. If that's the case it's been a waste of a months advertising! Hopefully they kncok me something of my bill:lol:

Your pictures need to be better. You have some really, really nice stock Just needs showcasing a bit better 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Your pictures need to be better. You have some really, really nice stock Just needs showcasing a bit better 

Thanks Rory, im planning on changing some pictures as recommended by the other guys on here. Just awaiting a few things to arrive for re prep.

Autotraders a premium product. 

Gotta work it to your advantage and extract everything from it you can. Can’t be half arsed with it it’s really give it your all due to the amount we pay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rory RSC said:

Autotraders a premium product. 

Gotta work it to your advantage and extract everything from it you can. Can’t be half arsed with it it’s really give it your all due to the amount we pay.

Yep it costs me £100 a car per month around here or  there. But they are at fault for not taking care and showing my site rather than a dirty old scrapyard:)

5 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Thanks Rory, im planning on changing some pictures as recommended by the other guys on here. Just awaiting a few things to arrive for re prep.

Try doing the description thing too nacman

like the here we have an of example of this stunning mini finished in etc 

i think in your description some of it is too close together use the spec for the spec and description part for descrption

hope this helps you out  

Edited by Casper
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Casper said:

Try doing the description thing too nacman

like the here we have an of example of this stunning mini finished in etc 

i think in your description some of it is too close together use the spec for the spec and description part for descrption

hope this helps you out  

I have added that in recently, what it is is some people look on a laptop majority on mobiles (90%) however on the laptop its all in one stop in the description but I have implemented that on.:) really appreciate this help 

9 minutes ago, NacMan said:

I have added that in recently, what it is is some people look on a laptop majority on mobiles (90%) however on the laptop its all in one stop in the description but I have implemented that on.:) really appreciate this help 

:) good luck . Hope the changes help  

11 minutes ago, Casper said:

:) good luck . Hope the changes help  

Thanks Casper, the description does look alot better, the images need to be abit brighter and sharper , and alot more aligned and straight however that's got to wait until I have my tyre dressing in:lol:

37 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Thanks Casper, the description does look alot better, the images need to be abit brighter and sharper , and alot more aligned and straight however that's got to wait until I have my tyre dressing in:lol:

Its All all about what works a lot of it is trial and error . Whats work for some wont work for others .. 

On 9/22/2019 at 11:40 AM, NacMan said:

will they offer me anything as they haven't followed protocol properly really.

You'll soon learn about AT... They don't give anything away, even if it's their F**k up.

They give advertising platforms a bad name hahaha.

1 hour ago, Earunder said:

You'll soon learn about AT... They don't give anything away, even if it's their F**k up.

They give advertising platforms a bad name hahaha.

Indeed they do, ignoring my emails at the minute :lol:

26 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Indeed they do, ignoring my emails at the minute :lol:

Call them nac man 

6 minutes ago, Casper said:

Call them nac man 

Call them what? I can think of something.  Answers on a postcard ..... :0)

4 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Call them what? I can think of something.  Answers on a postcard ..... :0)

:lol::D I'm sure he can think of a few things lol :lol::D ill rephrase it telephone them nacman .. 

3 hours ago, Casper said:

:lol::D I'm sure he can think of a few things lol :lol::D ill rephrase it telephone them nacman .. 

They sorted me out and changed the coordinates still not to fond of them ignoring my emails. Having to ring in at least they could have the decency to reply to an email:lol:

they said It is also my fault I have no enquiries for pricing the cars at priced low and not good or great. im not sure on that one what do you guys think

25 minutes ago, NacMan said:

They sorted me out and changed the coordinates still not to fond of them ignoring my emails. Having to ring in at least they could have the decency to reply to an email:lol:

they said It is also my fault I have no enquiries for pricing the cars at priced low and not good or great. im not sure on that one what do you guys think

Do what you think is best i find it has no bearing most guys i speak to try not to have them priced good and not priced high but other say it has no difference  and they sell cars no problem that are priced high my advice would be to check similar cars on autotrader etc in your area 

From a customer you would think if its priced low its a good price i guess some would ask why but if they do tell them you like to compete fairly in the current market .

strangely enough they told my mate business associate a similar thing but all his are priced good  

Edited by Casper